Just about to start raiding

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Just about to start raiding

Postby Haztank » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

Long time lurker here.

I try and read as much as possible on these forms but thought I'd make a quick thread to see if anyone had any quick opinions.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/haztank/advanced

This is my armoury - is there anything else I could/should be doing to ensure I'm 100% raid ready?

Threat isn't a problem, I'm pretty down with 939 so I'm looking to maximise my survivability.

I'm slowly but surely working towards rep for factions bracers and boots.

We had a few tries on Halfus on Sunday and are looking to kill him tonight. The problem we seemed to have was with transitioning tank swaps. We always seemed to be on low hp so when we swapped if either of us had both mobs (Halfus and drake) on us for a second before the other taunted then we normally died dispite timing defensive cooldowns to help. Is there anything we should be doing to help or was it just a healer issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Haztank

Re: Just about to start raiding

Postby Arcand » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 am

I'd suggest running heroic Shadowfang Keep once or twice. There are two plate chests
in there with (something)+mastery and 2 sockets.

Also, your armory says you could have an engineering thing on your cloak. My engineer
character is still at 80 so I don't know if there's anything better than the 250 armor?
Arcand

Postby Haztank » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 am

Arcand wrote:I'd suggest running heroic Shadowfang Keep once or twice. There are two plate chests
in there with (something)+mastery and 2 sockets.

Also, your armory says you could have an engineering thing on your cloak. My engineer
character is still at 80 so I don't know if there's anything better than the 250 armor?

Yeah I do need to get into SK. I'm pretty casual and the random dungeon finder has just been picking every place except there. I thought about buying the Blacksmithing chest but from reading these forums the stats just aren't that good.

The engineering tinker for cape is a slowfall (I believe) so been a little lazy there atm.
Haztank

Postby Aerron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am

The BS chest got a lot better last patch since they added sockets to it. That said, if you have easy access to a smith willing to give you/sell you his orbs cheap, go for it. Otherwise, it's probably going to cost more than it's worth. And once you really start raiding and get a few bosses down, you'll be surprised how quick you have enough for the T11 piece.

And yeah, cape tinker is nice for some things, but not totally necessary for raiding.
Aerron

Return to Basic Training & Talents