Remove Advertisements

ever had this happen to you?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

ever had this happen to you?

Postby Masumi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 am

You read a book, watch a cartoon, a tv series and it is so well made that when it gets to the end you can't help like you are missing something?

I finished reading a book a couple of weeks, and for some reason when I got to the end I felt really sad by the ending, it was not a sad ending but just felt like if something special to me is slowly fading from me. the next day I got back from work and looked at my desk and saw the book, it felt like I had missed something like an emptiness and I stood there looking at the book.
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

Re: ever had this happen to you?

Postby Arnock » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 am

Sure, sometimes, after finishing a good book or series, I feel somewhat bummed that the story doesn't continue on, but I guess one could look at it as an opportunity to find a new book to lose yourself in.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am

I feel that two or three times per year. I could best describe the feeling as -understanding that "it's over, isn't it?"-. A mix of knowing you enjoyed every bit of it and longing for more while also realizing that there won't be more and, at the same time, that that's probably a good thing too.

I felt it worst when K-On ended, I think, followed by Lucky Star and the (The Enemy of the World + The Skull And The Raven + The Third God) book trilogy.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:10 am

So read the book again.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby mew » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 am

Vanifae wrote:So read the book again.

It's not the same :(

When that would happen to me all I could really do was replace it with a new book. If it's a book from a series though it helps to read other books from the series, or even ones you haven't read before. Or other books from the same author work too.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 am

Vanifae wrote:So read the book again.

I did, I also watched those series again. And I enjoyed them just as much, except some surprises receded while others emerged. The feeling at the end was the same.
It's just that type of weird feeling that you can't tell if it's good or bad, but it overwhelms you and the best thing you can do is to let it peter out and turn into something better.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby cerwillis » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:01 am

I just finished book four of George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, and I have to wait for him to finish book five before I can get back to Westeros, and two more after that before the story ends. I suppose it's better if you know more is to come, but the anticipation is somewhat frustrating.

The HBO series in April should be a good dose of it until the next one comes out.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 am

Yes.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Treck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 am

Wish i had a shift+delete so that i could delete my own memory of watching some of those epic series, so that i could watch them again without knowing exactly how it all turns out!
Treck

Postby Trav » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 am

cerwillis wrote:I just finished book four of George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, and I have to wait for him to finish book five before I can get back to Westeros, and two more after that before the story ends. I suppose it's better if you know more is to come, but the anticipation is somewhat frustrating.

The HBO series in April should be a good dose of it until the next one comes out.

I got hooked on it 11 years ago...the books are absolutely worth rereading in the meantime, though. There's so much going on that you miss a lot the first couple times through.
Trav

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Masumi wrote:You read a book

no
Rachmaninoff

Postby katraya » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 pm

In light of the title of this thread and the OP, I have to say I am rather disappointed. I expected a more amusing subject.

That has happened to me many times though. One of the measures of a good book, in my opinion, is that it leaves you with a feeling of sadness or emptiness when it is over because you will miss reading it.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:
Masumi wrote:You read a book

no

I already gave someone a brofist today but you deserve a high-five

Also in response to Minn. Yes I have felt like a book ended in a horrible way.
Lightbeard

Postby Malkieri » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 am

I generally reread my books 4 or 5 times...so I get that feeling but from a different source if you will..it's more sort of:

'Damn I really want to reread that - it was great, but I read it so recently I can still recall too much of it in too fine a detail....what else do I have on the shelves?'

Sometimes this is followed by: 'Heeeyy yea! That was a good one - I'll go for that again!'

But more often by: 'Dammit I've read all these books too much - I need to get to the bookstore and expand my collection. :roll:'
Malkieri

Postby Skwigelf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:14 am

Currently getting my Whed-on. Finished all 7 seasons of Buffy. Now starting season 5 of Angel. After that I will be watching Firefly and Serenety.

I really wish these shows continued. Or at least the other spin-offs got made.

There was talk of a Spike show. A Faith show that was said to be like Kung Fu with vampires. Even a Giles show based on his past as Ripper.

I guess I should buy the comics, as they are official cannon.

Seriously, those three shows are some of the most well done TV shows I have ever seen. They had everything. Action, drama, comedy, hot women, hot dudes(Mmm Groosalaug), great writing, and the acting was actually very good(I dare you to watch every episode of Buffy up till-and-including 'The Body' and not get misty-eyed over Joyce's death and everyone's reactions to it).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to continue my Adventures of Spike, Lorne, and Groo fan-fic...
Skwigelf

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum