Requesting Urgent Help.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Requesting Urgent Help.

Postby Arklight » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 am

Hi,

I need some help finding the right addon. Basically I am a paladin tank, using the TUKUI user interface. I'm assuming your all at least familiar with what that is, it's a hugely popular user interface replacement that a LOT of people are using, it's very clean looking and free's up a lot of screen space for me. However, the target buffs and debuffs are tiny. And on fights like Halfus Wyrmbreaker where I am trying to keep track of stacks so I know when to tank switch it's almost impossible.

What I am looking for is an addon that lets me choose a buff or debuff to track, shows be a countdown, and a stack count. And makes it really easy to keep your eye on. I found an addon called "tellmewhen" which is absolutely perfect, however it's riddled with bugs and problems atm, and resets whenever you die or reload your ui, meaning a lengthy raid pause while it's set back up, and this is obviously unacceptable.

So does anyone know of a good addon that would track things like this for me and make life a lot easier when trying to count stacks or timings of a certain buff or debuff?
Arklight

Re: Requesting Urgent Help.

Postby Epimer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:31 am

I use TukUI too, and the default unit frames are absolutely my least favourite part of it for exactly the reason you mentioned. I use oUF Freeb instead because I love how clearly it shows my debuffs, target buffs/debuffs and target of target debuffs. Here's an old screenshot:

Epimer

Postby Arklight » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks man,

Was really really hoping I could get away without switching the unit frames totally out, as part of why I like TukUI is the all in one addon bit. But I can't cope any more with being yelled at or bitched at because I totalled the raid because I could not see the stack count on Halfus or some other similar encounter. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can get on with it.

In the meantime I've been playing with satrina buff frames. Nice addon. And it enables me to create a seperate watch window to (hopefully) monitor only buff's or debuff's the boss has on him, and none from our party / raid. I'm still messing about with the rules to try and find out how they work. So far I've only had chance to play with a target dummy, and I'm trying to get my frame to display only "Banner of the horde", so far no luck but still playing with it.
Arklight

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 am

I use Raven.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Raven.html

I have my debuffs in a column that's easily monitored:

I can't believe how completely awful blizz' buff/debuff UI is -- to the point of uselessness.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Arklight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 am

Cheers Epimer. I grabbed ouf, and although I can't get on with freeb, I did manage to find nivea, which I am more than happy with. Problem solved, I can now see my debuff and buff stacks.
Arklight

Postby culhag » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I can't believe how completely awful blizz' buff/debuff UI is -- to the point of uselessness.

Buff grouping.
Seriously, I don't want to have to look at 16 buffs which are always on anyway.

It's certainly not awful or useless.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 am

I still use Simple Buff Bars. I had to hack it a little to get rid of errors in 4.x (basically by disabling its ability to display the one thing I'm tracking, since tracking changed). And I can't click on a buff to turn it off any more because that became a protected action and the addon hasn't been updated to handle that (but I can /cancelaura and that works).

Otherwise it still works fine and displays buffs by name with a printed timer and a sliding bar. It's exactly what I want. It's basically the same thing I used in EQ a decade ago.

(I would love to find an updated version for 4.x, because I know eventually something will change to break it for good. It's beyond my ability to code myself, especially as I don't understand how the protected event change works.)
Digren

Postby Dirke » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 pm

I use Elv's edit of tukui and for specific debuff/buff watching i use a combination of OZauras and Filgers which are both addons built specifically for tukui users. You can specify on whitelists exactly which buffs/debuffs you want to show and where you want to see the icons

here's my SS which shows the buffs/raid buffs on me that i have added to the lua file
Dirke

Postby Payne » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:20 am

Ok, I get that add-ons are important, but to be "yelled at" for a wipe seems lame. Athough there are a ton of add-ons that help, nothing will ever take the place of your off tank keying up his mike, and calling that he has 11 stacks, ,its time to switch. Tanks are team leaders, not a crutch for baddies to blame when wipes occur!
Payne

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros