Remove Advertisements

Chimaeron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Chimaeron

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

I think he does feud after three massacres, anyone else notice this or am I just looking for connections that simply are not there?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 pm

He can for sure do Feud after one, two or three Massacre's.
It also didn't seem consistant that he would Feud the following massacre after he is brought down 20% (atleast not on HC)
It might just be by chance in some way, but i dont think ive ever seen a Feud at the first massacre, so atleast thatone is pretty consistant.
Treck

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am

inthedrops wrote:
baleogthefierce wrote:It may have been a ridiculous coincidence, but we could reliably predict when the Bile-O-Tron would get knocked offline during our 10-man attempts last night. After crossing the 80/60/40% thresholds of Chimaeron's health, the robot always went offline on the next Massacre. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm/deny this behavior?

You could be on to something. I just reviewed our second kill video and the behavior confirmed this. I will also note that we brought him below one of those thresholds AFTER he cast massacre and if you're correct, he chooses to do Feud when he first casts massacre instead of at the end of massacre.

This also explains the randomness in previous attempts. As we were just ALMOST getting him to those thresholds a few times in the video I took and probably the times he Feud "early" was due to our DPS being 1 to 2% better those attempts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFe0LohXDrE

Could we get a confirm/deny on this. At first I was thinking it mattered the # but then I re-read like the smart college boy that I am, and was like oh lets watch these darng videos again. Because i'm sitting here watching the Method video of their 25 kill heroic, I'm just trying to find a reliable way of knowing. It looks like it did 3 massacres, and did knock it off the massacre after they got below 80 percent, but then the very next massacre that knocked it off dropped it off at 66 percent? Maybe the # of massacres?

There really does have to be a better way than just guessing. Or maybe you know how on maloriak you know how many you have to interupt to get 9 out based on whether or not he cast release abbarition, before or after he throws the red vial? Maybe its something like that with this, where the fight is dependant on whether or not he does 2-3 in beggining? I'm looking at a ton of kill videoes because I have no life.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:49 am

I'm going to go ahead and deny it. I already saw a case where it didn't map out as described. That happened after I posted of course but forgot to post an update.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

Ok, so, I need to know something. I see people someone saying that he can feud on the first massacre and I don't think massacres are being counted properly.

Here's the setup: Feud phase has begun. We're stacked up, healing, blah blah blah, and Feud is about to end.

As soon as Feud ends, Chimaeron casts Massacre. This is ALWAYS the first thing he does after feud ends. This is the "first" massacre. Can this massacre trigger another Feud? In other words, can a feud start 4 seconds after a feud ends?

In my experience, no, it cannot. In all of our kills (and wipes), he has never done this. Not a single time. I do not believe it is possible and, yet, I see people (one here, others on the main forums) saying that he can cast feud on the first massacre after a feud ends. My guess is that they are not counting this initial massacre, the one that occurs immediately after a feud ends.

So, once again, can a feud start 4 seconds after the previous feud ended?
Belloc

Postby Jonlo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 am

Belloc wrote:Ok, so, I need to know something. I see people someone saying that he can feud on the first massacre and I don't think massacres are being counted properly.

Here's the setup: Feud phase has begun. We're stacked up, healing, blah blah blah, and Feud is about to end.

As soon as Feud ends, Chimaeron casts Massacre. This is ALWAYS the first thing he does after feud ends. This is the "first" massacre. Can this massacre trigger another Feud? In other words, can a feud start 4 seconds after a feud ends?

In my experience, no, it cannot. In all of our kills (and wipes), he has never done this. Not a single time. I do not believe it is possible and, yet, I see people (one here, others on the main forums) saying that he can cast feud on the first massacre after a feud ends. My guess is that they are not counting this initial massacre, the one that occurs immediately after a feud ends.

So, once again, can a feud start 4 seconds after the previous feud ended?

No, it can't.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

Good. There was a retarded argument where people kept saying that he can Feud on the first massacre on the official forums and, of course, one of the people arguing wasn't considering that massacre as the first while the other person arguing was... and, of course, I called them on it.

I tend to make an ass of myself when I get into arguments like that, so I wanted to make sure I was right :P
Belloc

Postby mosa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:23 am

I'm just curious as to when people are pushing phase 2, are people getting him close and then pushing him in during the first 15 seconds of a feud? One of my dps was wondering since there is no real point to anyone other then the tanks (maybe a bear if he's in the raid) healed to full since no one else is going to be surviving more than one hit anyways. We have downed him 3 times but it seems a bit random when we are pushing him and I would appreciate your strat on when to push him to P2.
mosa

Postby Iliketomoveit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:23 pm

mosa wrote:I'm just curious as to when people are pushing phase 2, are people getting him close and then pushing him in during the first 15 seconds of a feud? One of my dps was wondering since there is no real point to anyone other then the tanks (maybe a bear if he's in the raid) healed to full since no one else is going to be surviving more than one hit anyways. We have downed him 3 times but it seems a bit random when we are pushing him and I would appreciate your strat on when to push him to P2.

It´s not a bad idea to top atleast a few certain players up, depending on what classes you
got there, a rogue with evasion up and a hunter using deterrance, and if a marksman
then he can deterrance>disengage>readiness>deterrance>diesengage let him kite for quite a
while, not sure if he can kite for long with aspect of the cheetah... not had a hunter with
us in that phase, and im sure the one we have around is too thick to do it. :roll:

Just tell em before the fight to not pop vanish or feign death before the kiting-phase! :D

And as long as everyone is above 10k even at sub-20%, they can still take one hit from the boss, the little
helpful bot still ticks around the room for a while, and with the 5sec swingtimer i think he´s
got... that gives some classes enough time force the boss to switch target without killing them... just yet.
Iliketomoveit

Postby Arizair » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

heuvarius wrote:You only need to top 1 tank to full hp, your "MT" can be in full dps gear if you want.

Your MT can be a dps in threat presence too... I had the other tank go dps and the dk turn on blood presence (one attempt of tank in dps gear and you'll see that vengeance is a lot lower if your in dps gear to the point of a dps drop though Blood Presence does hurt the dk a little)
Arizair

Postby Trav » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Question for fellow soak tanks:

Are you gearing mastery for reduced double attack damage, or avoidance to try and not get hit. He seemed to miss at least one of the two attacks more often than my 25% Dodge/Parry and miss would suggest. Also, during the second, "kill him before he kills all of you," phase, he seemed to be missing me a lot. Maybe just some RNG luck?
Trav

Postby Treck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

People focus way to much on gearing for this fight.
If your soaking Breaks, you dont even need any gear whatsoever.
If your soaking Dubbleattack you need tanking gear, thats all. You dont need to focus on any one stat one way or another. If you cant take one normal hit without going below 10k hp, your pretty undergeared.
Treck

Postby Vort » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Treck wrote:People focus way to much on gearing for this fight.
If your soaking Breaks, you dont even need any gear whatsoever.
If your soaking Dubbleattack you need tanking gear, thats all. You dont need to focus on any one stat one way or another. If you cant take one normal hit without going below 10k hp, your pretty undergeared.

This.

A lot of guilds have a ret paladin or frost dk main tank chim.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Gawron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:54 am

Several attempts now, we have seen massacre and the system shutdown of Finkle, happening around the same time. Generally this results in a lot of deaths. This seems to happen after the second feud. At first we were pulling the boss prior to the cooldown timer finkle has just after activation but prior to the boss waking up on his own. Thinking that we were pulling him sooner than we should, we are now waiting for the timer to finish and the boss to aggro on his own. Either way, we seem to be getting that wipe situation described above.

Any suggestions on how we can better prevent this? Everything else seems to be fine. We are using the two tank, double strike taunt strat and healers have learned that "sweet spot" for not letting people die. Disheartening to see the fight going so well then ridiculous RNG happening.
Gawron

Postby Trav » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 am

We were having problems at the second feud as well, until we final beat him the other night. It's all a matter of healing...at that point, the entire group needs to be able to survive ~80k of damage apiece...every person dead increases that healing requirement until eventually it's too much to handle.

It helps to have any tank/dps that have healing capabilities to help out. I use holy radiance when people stack up. I'll use Divine Guardian right before the first caustic slime is cast. If anyone else in your raid has group damage reduction buffs, you might want to make a rotation. Do everything you can to help out the healing.
Trav

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)