Remove Advertisements

HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon (Updated for MoP)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Star » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 pm

I've been using HolyTrinity ever since 4.0 and I absolutely LOVE it. Just wanted to say THANKS!

Also wondering if you plan on updating it at all? There's been a lot of feature requests, but frankly I don't really use it for anything but tracking my holy power.
Star

Postby PsiVen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:12 am

Star wrote:There's been a lot of feature requests, but frankly I don't really use it for anything but tracking my holy power.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it, which is why I haven't pushed any updates. I would love to make the configuration more user-friendly, but it would be a lot of work and revision to iron out new bugs.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby mclem » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 am

I've realised that I'd become a bit *too* dependent on this addon; I've noticed that I have a tendency to hammer crusader strike until the bar lights up then move on to the next step of the rotation, which now it's possible to miss means I can fail to spot that the spell's on cooldown. I might tinker with it a bit over the weekend to see if I can find something that more naturally fits with how I play.
mclem

Postby sherck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:49 am

Not having looked at this addon at all, I have the need for something that helps me track my CDs and was wondering if this was it.

Specifically, I need to track the CDs of the following as Holy:

- Holy Shock (because I want to train myself to use it at the 6 sec, not the 7 sec or 8 sec gap.

- Holy Radiance

- Divine Plea CD (because, again, I need to learn to use it at the 2 min mark and not 15 sec after that).

- Hand of Sacrifice

- Hand of Protection

- Lay on Hands

- Can you user define trinkets into being watched?

And, if Holy Trinity is not it, does anyone have a suggestion as to another light weight addon that can track my CDs.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Epimer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 am

sherck wrote:And, if Holy Trinity is not it, does anyone have a suggestion as to another light weight addon that can track my CDs.

I spent a while looking for a similar sort of add-on to track that kind of info until I had the epiphany that, actually, action bars do all of that. They're compact, show the information as an icon with a number on (if you're using OmniCC or whatever), scalable and movable (assuming you're using Dominos/Bartender/whatever else). LibInternalCooldowns will show the cooldown remaining on proc trinkets on action bar buttons too. Having a separate action bar with just cooldowns to monitor somewhere near your default field of vision is surprisingly useful, and I find it easier to process cooldown information as a number rather than a timeline.

That said, I'm going to have a fiddle with clcinfo for Holy at some point. If you prefer a timeline type thing, CoolLine is quite nice. PowerAuras is also the standard suggestion for monitoring... well, anything, really. And more ideas here.
Epimer

Postby Forgrim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 am

I'd also be interested in an addon that does all of that. (You forgot Judgement, which I consider a key rotation button)

For trinkets however, i just bind them to my judgement macro, so as long as I remember to judge on cooldown, I have my trinkets go off as soon as they come off of CD (Tyrande's and Dream Owl).

So many buttons to press, not even time due to GCD...what a fun problem.
Forgrim

Postby sherck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 am

Epimer wrote: I spent a while looking for a similar sort of add-on to track that kind of info until I had the epiphany that, actually, action bars do all of that. They're compact, show the information as an icon with a number on (if you're using OmniCC or whatever), scalable and movable (assuming you're using Dominos/Bartender/whatever else). LibInternalCooldowns will show the cooldown remaining on proc trinkets on action bar buttons too. Having a separate action bar with just cooldowns to monitor somewhere near your default field of vision is surprisingly useful, and I find it easier to process cooldown information as a number rather than a timeline.

That....is a good suggestion. I like this idea but I am unsure on how you display a number on your CD rather than the standard clock-hand sweep the standard Blizzard UI does.

You mention OmniCC and I don't know what that is. Can you explain?

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Forgrim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am

OmniCC just puts numbers over your hotkeys to tell you how long you have left before you can use it again. You can change the number fonts or colors depending on how many seconds you have left to use the cooldown (mine are bold red when its <5 seconds)
Forgrim

Postby sherck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am

Forgrim wrote:OmniCC just puts numbers over your hotkeys to tell you how long you have left before you can use it again. You can change the number fonts or colors depending on how many seconds you have left to use the cooldown (mine are bold red when its <5 seconds)

Brilliant! Thanks much! I will try to get that set up tonight!

Cheers,
sherck

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I've updated to 1.07, just added Rebuke and Word of Glory. Personally I only use the WoG timer now, as it's hard to get used to that having a cooldown.
PsiVen

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am

Updated for 4.3, nothing major. Current plan is to perform a major rewrite / feature creeping session for MoP beta unless I get a sudden inspirational burst of free time.
PsiVen

Postby Phonic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks Psiven! I love this mod :p
Phonic

Postby Draigor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 am

Am I going mad or is there no way to set the bar background alpha/texture.
Personally I just wanted to make it black so I can have the holy power bar sat ontop of my PB4 player frame.

Please say I don't need to trawl through the LUA to mod it.
Draigor the Tankadin - Alliance Hellscream EU
Draigor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:31 pm

PsiVen, thanks (again) for the awesome mod. I'll have to go update for 4.3. :-) I could play without many mods, but this ranks up with a bag mod and TidyPlates. :D
Kelaan

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Cheers :)

Draigor wrote:Am I going mad or is there no way to set the bar background alpha/texture.
Personally I just wanted to make it black so I can have the holy power bar sat ontop of my PB4 player frame.

Please say I don't need to trawl through the LUA to mod it.

You should be able to set the Holy Power bar texture and color.

Do you mean the texture of the background frames? There is only one texture and it is already mostly transparent with black outlines. I suppose I could add an option to hide it entirely.
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros