Remove Advertisements

4.0.6 ptr change (hit rating for rebuke?)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

4.0.6 ptr change (hit rating for rebuke?)

Postby Arincia » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Don't know if this was posted so here's a attempt (if it was feel free to lock/delete w/e this post)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

Race

# The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.

# The dwarven racial trait Stoneform now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.

# The human racial trait Every Man for Himself has been reverted back to a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3 minutes.

Paladins

# The mana costs of Blessing of Might and Blessing of Kings have been increased by approximately 217%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.

# Crusader Strike weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.

Rebuke can now be trained by all paladins at level 54. Existing characters will need to visit their trainer, even if they had talented Rebuke before.

Retribution

The Rebuke talent has been replaced with a new passive talent, Sacred Shield. Paladins who had Rebuke before will automatically have Sacred Shield. Sacred When reduced below 30% health, paladins gain the Sacred Shield effect. The Sacred Shield absorbs X damage and increases healing received by 20%. Lasts 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds. Undispellable.

Bug Fixes
* Word of Glory will no longer reset the swing timer.

So interesting changes if these changes go through. Now human doesn't look as attractive compared to a 20% health hot or 10% damage reduction every 3 minutes for alliance. Also thank god for a interrupt not on the global cooldown. (though this means prot pvp could be interesting with us having 3 ways to stop casting.)
Arincia

Re: 4.0.6 ptr changes

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 pm

also,
Inquisition, Zealotry, both non-dispellable now
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Sif » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:53 am

This means that it would be a good idea to stack some hit rating items in your inventory, to equip when you depend on your own interrupts - especially for 10 man raids or things like that.
Sif

Postby djlar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 am

Liking the rogue buffs a bit, SV hunters nerf a bit and will they finally fix the meta gems?
djlar

Postby eleventyseven » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 pm

WTB race change to dwarf.

The rebuke change is nice too, I'm sick of relying on xsephirothx the death knight to mind freeze in 5mans ;_;
eleventyseven

Postby Spadz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:18 am

I'm absolutely thrilled about the rebuke change. Makes switching from a Blood Elf to a Tauren significantly more viable now that we have an interrupt like that.

Is Rebuke off GCD? If it is there is almost no reason to stick with Blood Elf if so.
Spadz

Postby arlen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:49 am

Spadz wrote:Is Rebuke off GCD? If it is there is almost no reason to stick with Blood Elf if so.

It currently is off the GCD.
arlen

Postby Aerron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Arincia wrote:Now human doesn't look as attractive compared to a 20% health hot or 10% damage reduction every 3 minutes for alliance.

I'd debate that point. Considering that I have 1) plenty of damage reduction CDs, and 2) plenty of self-heals, including a party-wide hot ... but no other way to break fear/root/stun (other than bubble/unbubble, which has a longish cd), I'll take the 2 minute Everyman For Himself and be happy.
Aerron

Postby fudomyou » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Aerron wrote:
Arincia wrote:Now human doesn't look as attractive compared to a 20% health hot or 10% damage reduction every 3 minutes for alliance.

I'd debate that point. Considering that I have 1) plenty of damage reduction CDs, and 2) plenty of self-heals, including a party-wide hot ... but no other way to break fear/root/stun (other than bubble/unbubble, which has a longish cd), I'll take the 2 minute Everyman For Himself and be happy.

As a nitpick, Hand of Freedom does quite well at breaking one of those three, on a shorter-than-2m cooldown.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 pm

True, but of the three, roots are the least worrisome. I can still AS, Judg, Taunt, RD while rooted. Not so much when feared or Disoriented.

Granted, I have yet to hear of a boss in Cata where Fear is a major component of the fight, but it's always been a favorite of the Devs (e.g. Nightbane).
Aerron

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:03 am

Aerron wrote:True, but of the three, roots are the least worrisome. I can still AS, Judg, Taunt, RD while rooted. Not so much when feared or Disoriented.

Granted, I have yet to hear of a boss in Cata where Fear is a major component of the fight, but it's always been a favorite of the Devs (e.g. Nightbane).

While not a raid boss, Beauty in BRC can be quite brutal.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby yappo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:52 am

Gamingdevil wrote:
Aerron wrote:True, but of the three, roots are the least worrisome. I can still AS, Judg, Taunt, RD while rooted. Not so much when feared or Disoriented.

While not a raid boss, Beauty in BRC can be quite brutal.

Beauty with one less puppy will be a lot less brutal.
yappo

Postby Aerron » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:59 am

Gamingdevil wrote:While not a raid boss, Beauty in BRC can be quite brutal.

True, and I thought of her a few hours after I posted that. But it's a good point that fear and disorients are pretty common outside of raids ... Beauty, the pygmy trash in Lost City, the big ugly dudes in HSFK, etc etc. All good times to have EMfH up. Also nice if you get the occasional Static Cling in HVP.
Aerron

Postby Arizair » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Well, Halfus stun is a nice thing for Human break. Currently DK's have become stupid-OP on tanking through that fight... oh wait did I really just say that dk's have become stupid-OP? I'll correct myself to have always been in the CD department.
I like though how the ally moves are 20% hp, 10% dmg reduction, and a trinket where horde has a silence or a stun that both have no use on most boss fights (yes tauren has a small amount of hp too). I race changed to tauren because it's racial ability of not looking like a blood elf, but that's not much raid benefit either.

However, I do like that paladin is the best interupting tank class now with 2 CDs under 15s. I went from having a few HoJ interupts and several AS's for all of last week to having 58 interrupts just on day one of this patch.
Arizair

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice