Restarting a toon

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Restarting a toon

Postby DC1033 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Hiya its Ryian here and just curious to see what others think. Have you ever had a moment of insanity that you wanted to restart you high level toon and just start over from scratch just because you wanted a moment to go through it all over again. Well I had that moment today with my rogue. Haven't done it yet due to fear of Amirya :mrgreen:
When you need someone to control Amirya, just call for DC!!
DC1033

Re: Restarting a toon

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm

im thinking about doing it for my pally and just rolling one on SC instead of transfering
after all i already ahve 2 85 tanks, and my bear is almost heroic geared already....
(328.....1 frickin ilvl)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

DC1033 wrote:Hiya its Ryian here and just curious to see what others think. Have you ever had a moment of insanity that you wanted to restart you high level toon and just start over from scratch just because you wanted a moment to go through it all over again. Well I had that moment today with my rogue. Haven't done it yet due to fear of Amirya :mrgreen:

...does that mean you'd want to have the Park rebuilt, along with all structures and substructures, such as basements?

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby DC1033 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Amirya wrote:
DC1033 wrote:Hiya its Ryian here and just curious to see what others think. Have you ever had a moment of insanity that you wanted to restart you high level toon and just start over from scratch just because you wanted a moment to go through it all over again. Well I had that moment today with my rogue. Haven't done it yet due to fear of Amirya :mrgreen:

...does that mean you'd want to have the Park rebuilt, along with all structures and substructures, such as basements?

No the park can stay sunken into the sea and I will choose one of my other toons, but it was just a thought to keep the game interesting in between pvp moments.
When you need someone to control Amirya, just call for DC!!
DC1033

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Ive done it a few times for lowbie toons, specially ones created yonks ago in BC.
Its fun to go through revamped zones and lowby dungeons again.
Especially with lots of gold to buy good AH gear and big bags :)

Rolled a few prot pallies on Friends servers and was able to absolutely BURN through the levels.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby PsiVen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

I leveled up a horde paladin to 70, and frankly it was the most fun leveling an alt I've ever had. It was tempting once to go for a reboot by selling a T6 character and rolling up a new one in time for the next expansion, but even if I had a safe way to do that I don't think I could have gone through with it. Too much history.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Hiroko » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 am

I thought about it when I came back from my 1 year break, but when it came down to it I couldn't bring myself to shelve the character that I had played from release and spent so much time on.
Hiroko

Postby crazyharry » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 am

I would probably do it constantly if it wasn't for achievments. The moment they become account wide most of my toons shall live in fear of their lives!
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

crazyharry wrote:I would probably do it constantly if it wasn't for achievments. The moment they become account wide most of my toons shall live in fear of their lives!

this

although my hunter will always be safe

he was the very first toon i made on WoW and was the reason i bought it in the first place

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

bldavis wrote:
crazyharry wrote:I would probably do it constantly if it wasn't for achievments. The moment they become account wide most of my toons shall live in fear of their lives!

this

he was the very first toon i made on WoW and was the reason i bought it in the first place

I don't think I've ever deleted a character that has made it past 25. Transferred and race-changed them to open up space on a server? Yes... yes I have. As a side note, when all is said and done, I'll probably have a max level character of each class for each faction (ie. 20 lvl 85s atm, but 85 probably won't be the max anymore by the time it happens and there may be more than 10 classes ;))
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 am

Skye1013 wrote:
bldavis wrote:

this

I don't think I've ever deleted a character that has made it past 25. Transferred and race-changed them to open up space on a server? Yes... yes I have. As a side note, when all is said and done, I'll probably have a max level character of each class for each faction (ie. 20 lvl 85s atm, but 85 probably won't be the max anymore by the time it happens and there may be more than 10 classes ;))

ended wrath with 5 80s, have 3 85s now
going to end up with at least 20 85s (90s, 95s w/e it is when i finally finish)

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 am

Biggest issue I have right now is deciding which one is my "main." Was my human priest during Classic, belf rogue during TBC, forsaken DK during LK (initially, though it switched to my belf pally after I server xferred/race changed him), and now, my DK is the only 85 I have, but I'm not sure if he's my "main" since he's probably 3rd highest on my characters' achievements (Rogue>Pally>DK), and making him my main, would "require" him to re-achieve many of them.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 am

Never anything past 20. I did, however, reroll my warlock twice in classic. The first time because I started gnome and tired of it by level 17 or so. The second time because the name of my new imp was terrible (I forget what it was, but man was it bad). Warlock 3.0 got a respectable Imp name (Dagtog), but ended up with a dumb Succubus name (Betnys). But by that point, I didn't care enough to reroll.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm

wtb scrolls of renaming for demons!

bldavis

Postby Nakama » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:20 pm

bldavis wrote:wtb scrolls of renaming for demons!

You don't need one. There's a demon trainer where most Warlock trainers are that allows you to resummon your demon with a different name for the cost of 50g.

edit: Cylina Darkheart in Elwynn Forest and another warlock trainer in the Slaughtered Lamb in Stormwind can do it for sure.

--Jed
Nakama

Next

Return to General