How much is the average TPS?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

How much is the average TPS?

Postby casper5090 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:08 pm

I raid with a DK tank that was doing around 25k-40k TPS before the patch. Now, after the patch he is now pulling around 40k-50k TPS. We are doing about the same damage.
My rotation at least before the patch didn't have any down time, 939 (still working it out). I generally get around 25k-35k with jumps of threat when i use ShoR is that around where I should be? I'm just trying to see if maybe there is something I am doing wrong.
My weapon is Elementium Fang, enchanted with Avalanche,in case that helps.
Thank you guys for any info you can give me. If there is any more info you need just let me know.
casper5090

Re: How much is the average TPS?

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 pm

TPS is directly related to your Hit/expertise, hit+exp cap/soft cap vs. no hit/expertise can mean 8k DPS vs. 14k DPS as a paladin.. and the associated threat values

So 'average' is misleading, 'average' for a paladin OT is rather low, especially if you factor in late-fight SOI/WOG...

So.. hard to say exactly?
Sur-Pseudo

Re: How much is the average TPS?

Postby Arcand » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Are we talking about a target dummy? Tanks throw quite a lot more damage when
we're getting smacked around by a raid boss...and when a tank wants to brag about
his damage, those raid boss numbers are the ones he's going to cite.
Arcand

Return to Basic Training & Talents