Protector of the Innocent

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Protector of the Innocent

Postby arktik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Apologies if double, searched but found nothing.

Is protector of the innocent a good alternative talent to choose over Rule of Law? I ask because I use word of glory a lot and the extra healing makes it even more amazing and would generate more threat. I havent seen what it would give me in game but does it scale?

What do you guys think?

Thanks
arktik
Maintankadonor

Re: Protector of the Innocent

Postby Dwarfadin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm

You may have not noticed that "Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer triggers from self-heals."
Now, of course i'm assuming you're talking about self-healing.

Prior that patch change it was quite OP :)
- Dwarfadin: now with much more beer, and much less sparklez -
Dwarfadin

Postby Vort » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Dwarfadin wrote:You may have not noticed that "Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer triggers from self-heals."
Now, of course i'm assuming you're talking about self-healing.

Prior that patch change it was quite OP :)

Every second GCD being able to self heal for upwards of 12k was certainly OP as hell considering you had like 70ish in ICC. I ended up tanking halion for like 45 seconds without a healer before the other group in the twilight realm wiped and got me murderlated. It was incredibly OP for holy pvp also, being able to spam WoG due to Blessed Life having a 2 second ICD and every time PotI healed for another 4-5 thousand on you. The nerf was entirely justified.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Aerron » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:49 am

arktik wrote:I use word of glory a lot and the extra healing makes it even more amazing and would generate more threat.

Didn't someone say in an earlier that thread that WoG is no generating zero threat post patch? I'll look around and see if I can find it.

EDIT: yeah, check out the discussion on page 10 of the CS/HoPo thread:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... &start=135
Aerron

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:20 am

Yup, WOG apparently no threat now (or at least non-significant)

Still decent self-heal when used properly, but will not help 'continue' a threat lead like it had in the past
Sur-Pseudo

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations