Remove Advertisements

With Rebuke base, how much have you....

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: With Rebuke base, how much have you....

Postby Njall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 am

Chunes wrote:I moved it to a button on my mouse, just to give you an idea as to the kind of priority I place on this ability.

I can try that. God, I'm bad at this.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Brekkie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 am

Highly recommend mouse button as a good interrupt hotkey.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:33 am

Brekkie wrote:Highly recommend mouse button as a good interrupt hotkey.

Cept for keyboard turners, then that's highly detrimental.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:35 am

I use R. It's just been a standard interrupt key across all my characters since forever.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:

Keyboard turners? Do you mouse-click as well?
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Amirya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:38 am

I haven't used it.

Mostly because my whole time last night was, download patch while doing something else, train it, put it on bar, go play shaman for about an hour, go to bed.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:39 am

Vanifae wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

Keyboard turners? Do you mouse-click as well?

Err no?

Edit: Oh, now I realize why my comment seems weird. To me, a keyboard turner uses wasd to move and uses the numpad to hit their spells, thereby not really relying on the mouse. (Invis does the same, so it's not like I'm a total fruitloop in thinking that's normal keyboard turning procedure.) But I guess the overall impression of keyboard turners is that they use the mouse to click, right?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am

mWheel up/down definitely don't receive the love they should because so many people think "oh, they're bound to camera functions, I can never unbind them because then I'll never be able to zoom in and out ever again, OH NOS!"

For me, mwheel down is DP, mwheel up is AD. Shift mwheel's are my camera zoom and ctrl mousewheels are my avoidances trinks. GanK is on a mouse button, interrupt and both my taunts are also on mouse buttons.

Beyond that, some clever use of clique allows me to assign all my hand spells to mouse keys as well. It also helps to have an 8 button mouse...
Chunes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am

I've stuck it on G, since before now G was Sacred Shield (bye bye) then Inquisition (rarely used), and G has always been Counterspell on my Mage. Now I just need to redesign my Shaman and DK's bindings to get their interrupts on G too so I can get the muscle memory down right.

Haven't had an opportunity to actually use Rebuke yet; all I did yesterday was tank the Chemical Company bosses and sort out my toons' gear.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 am

Chunes wrote:mWheel up/down definitely don't receive the love they should because so many people think "oh, they're bound to camera functions, I can never unbind them because then I'll never be able to zoom in and out ever again, OH NOS!"

For me, mwheel down is DP, mwheel up is AD. Shift mwheel's are my camera zoom and ctrl mousewheels are my avoidances trinks. GanK is on a mouse button, interrupt and both my taunts are also on mouse buttons.

Beyond that, some clever use of clique allows me to assign all my hand spells to mouse keys as well. It also helps to have an 8 button mouse...

I've been playing FPSs since the original DOOM was in Beta (yeah, that takes me back) and I don't know if I can shake my habits of WASD for maneuvering and numberpad or number row for spells. Heck, learning to mouse-turn was heart breaking.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Edit: Oh, now I realize why my comment seems weird. To me, a keyboard turner uses wasd to move and uses the numpad to hit their spells, thereby not really relying on the mouse. (Invis does the same, so it's not like I'm a total fruitloop in thinking that's normal keyboard turning procedure.) But I guess the overall impression of keyboard turners is that they use the mouse to click, right?

Makes a little more sense.

My right hand is on the mouse at all times usually, left hand on WASD, but I mainly use the strafe keys and number keys for abilities with a healthy dose of alt; most of my key abilities are 1-5. I have big hands. Mouse for added precision while moving.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Shathus » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Edit: Oh, now I realize why my comment seems weird. To me, a keyboard turner uses wasd to move and uses the numpad to hit their spells, thereby not really relying on the mouse. (Invis does the same, so it's not like I'm a total fruitloop in thinking that's normal keyboard turning procedure.) But I guess the overall impression of keyboard turners is that they use the mouse to click, right?

My right hand is on the mouse at all times usually, left hand on WASD, but I mainly use the strafe keys and number keys for abilities with a healthy dose of alt; most of my key abilities are 1-5. I have big hands. Mouse for added precision while moving.

I use the mouse to turn, but use the keyboard to move. I need to unbind my 'turn' keys and map them to strafing since that's all I usually do (i think) anyways. Which would free up 2 new keys for trinkets/cooldowns/whatever. Just haven't gotten around to it since I'm so used to it.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:06 pm

But did you really kb turn during the CS/quake/UT days?

If you had said "I *haven't* FPS'ed since the doom beta days, I would understand how you would have never needed to incorporate mouselook and other mouse-dependent neural pathways into your brain. I don't really know how it's even possible to play any of the quake games, or any half-life engine-based games without using mouselook at the very least.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Vanifae wrote:

I'll also toss in that I only play like that for tanks and melee classes. I use the "normal" mouse and 1-5 method for healing and ranged classes.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I mouse turn and use WASD for movement/strafing. All of my abilities are 1-5 as well as letters that my left hand has easy access to (lots of mod:shift macros as well). I have fairly large hands but I don't flubb my keystrokes. I tell myself it's from my years of classical piano training but I don't think that's the real reason. :)

It's weird, I have lots of toons and my interrupt key is either R or T. I have no idea why I didn't keep them all to one letter but I never have missed an interrupt because of me forgetting where it was. I will say that I place my abilities based on a "rhythm" of the keystrokes. That I know is from my piano playing days.

Back to the thread at hand.

Rebuke. Love it. Love it some more.

It almost makes me want to pick up my pally tank again. Then I tell myself that I have Shield Reflect on my warrior and giggle at incoming Shockblasts.
thatguy

PreviousNext

Return to General