CS/HotR not generating HoPo when missed, parried or dodged

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: CS/HotR not generating HoPo when missed, parried or dodged

Postby angelflavor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Redleg wrote:Odd though that the blue poster mentioned block though.

I just test this and If CS is block is still gives Holy Power.... So is this a Bug?
Warning: Experimental Tank
"Warriors make you Sap. Paladins let you Sap"
angelflavor

Postby Faro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:34 pm

angelflavor wrote:
Redleg wrote:Odd though that the blue poster mentioned block though.

I just test this and If CS is block is still gives Holy Power.... So is this a Bug?

I was testing on the target dummy in Orgrimmar and got a full block that generated 0 hp.

Was yours against a player?
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby angelflavor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:49 pm

I tested this again and same result. It was on a org training dummy in org lvl 85. It only blocked 30% of the damage though
Warning: Experimental Tank
"Warriors make you Sap. Paladins let you Sap"
angelflavor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:55 pm

theckhd wrote:......
What the fuck. Seriously. I'm betting this CM is wrong, because otherwise this is the most obnoxious undocumented change ever. Holy power is already a shit system, it doesn't need to be made worse. Guess it's time to level an alt that doesn't have broken mechanics.

noooooooo theck don't leave us nooooo :(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

theckhd wrote:Guess it's time to level an alt that doesn't have broken mechanics.

Let me know when you find one.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Faro wrote:I was testing on the target dummy in Orgrimmar and got a full block that generated 0 hp.

What do you mean by "full block"?
Rhiannon

Postby Dantriges » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 pm

I can understand that they are a little bit concerned that we dump threat stats completely but well, seems that only paladins are affected and that´s a bit strange. Also undocumented that it´s intended and well as Theck said, the Cm could actually be wrong. And the whole affair is handled poorly. Oh it´s intended, oh you still complain => lock.

And it´s poor implementation. Only one tanking class has to consider expertise and hit. Perhaps it´s some kind of even deal with CS doing more damage but still. It´s annoying if the RNG is not on your side. For tank swaps for example, warrior is leeching vengeance and if I equip like him , if the RNG doesn´t like me, my threat generation is close to zero unless I equip exp/hit.

And well hoply Power is clunky as hell and they spent a lot of time designing it and they decided to let Crusader/HotR generate Holy Power as soon as you push the button. I thought they had good reasons for that? What is actually the problem? too much threat? Why not fix the other tanks, too, Seems to me that vengeance is the bigger problem. Our selfheal? Well cutting the resource hat also generates threat or our survivability is an odd way to addres that.
Dantriges

Postby Malediction » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Well, this sucks giant ass.

Time to complain on the forums, I refuse to have RNG combo points without a spammable combo point generator :/
Malediction

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Dantriges wrote:Only one tanking class has to consider expertise and hit.

Blood Shield is directly tied into landing a Death Strike right?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Malediction » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Flex wrote:
Dantriges wrote:Only one tanking class has to consider expertise and hit.

Blood Shield is directly tied into landing a Death Strike right?

Death Strike has no cooldown and DK runes are refunded if an ability does not hit (Like rogue energy).
Malediction

Postby Fetzie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

death strike is not a core part of the rotation that allows the use of their biggest threat generating ability, which is only worth using with 3 holy power.

What the fuck. Seriously. I'm betting this CM is wrong, because otherwise this is the most obnoxious undocumented change ever. Holy power is already a shit system, it doesn't need to be made worse. Guess it's time to level an alt that doesn't have broken mechanics.

that guy's avatar says he is part of the QA team (although we know what a great job those guys do don't we) not a community manager.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah this wouldn't be such a big deal if Crusader Strike worked on a non-mana-cooldown system like Sinister Strike or DK Runes. For those guys, you hit your button, it misses, oh noes, you hit it again the next GCD. You've lost 1 GCD's worth of damage potential but not the resource generation. For us, we've wasted a 3s cooldown, or 4.5s for Ret. That's clearly an unacceptable loss of resource generation time.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

It wouldn'T be quite so bad to have known "officially" that this is intended before the patch went live. What really pisses me off is that we have been filing reports on the PTR for the last 4 weeks about it and it hasn't been in a single patch note, and the thread in which the blue poster confirms that the change is intended is locked 10 minutes after the announcement.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

It's been edited into the official patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2166872#blog

Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, and Hammer of the Righteous no longer incorrectly grant Holy Power from a missed attack.

I've gone past angry to bemused; will see if this affects tonight's raid at all.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Pyrea wrote:death strike is not a core part of the rotation that allows the use of their biggest threat generating ability, which is only worth using with 3 holy power.

But it is how they heal and shield themselves, which seems more important to me.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations