Remove Advertisements

Healing Composition for 10's

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Healing Composition for 10's

Postby Scrawn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 am

We are still creating or raid group and I was curious what set of 3 healers you guys are running for 10 man content currently and how well you think they gel together to form a healing team.

I was looking at the possibility (well due to availability actually :< ) of trying to run 2 Paladins and a Priest, now this would have been terrible pre Cata but with the AoE healing changes and Triage style healing do you think this will be a viable heal setup?

Kind Regards

Sc
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Re: Healing Composition for 10's

Postby Faro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 am

We've used two paladins and a resto druid for all of our 10m content so far. With a priest you'll be better off because you get inspiration and a flash heal that doesn't need a crit to heal for 10k (cough regrowth cough). Your comp is fine as long as your players are solid.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Xfighter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Yea, two pallies and a priest would work well. Or even say a pally priest and either Druid or shammy would work too.

Both of those comps are much, much better than my raids current pally/2 Druid healing set-up. Mind you like everything else, any comp can work, if they are strong players, but diversity is generally the "better" comp (excluding two pallies, cause they are just OP).
Xfighter

Postby Aerron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am

We're generally running 3 healers deep in most runs. The first two are pretty much always Priests, but the 3rd spot is either a druid or a paladin. Rarely we'll run one priest and both of the other two. The healing is pretty consistent no matter who we bring.

There are a few fights where one class shines above the others. Druids in the Atramedes fight for example, seem to do really well. But not so much that we feel like we're screwed if we don't stack druid healers for that fight.
Aerron

Postby Maelsstrom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm

We're running pally and druid with a priest swapping specs as we get down to only needing 2. I find the toolkit very flexible with those 3. We're missing the melee-lovin' chain heals from a shammy but it hasn't been a showstopper.
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Postby Astronomic » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 am

Based on world of logs hps it would appear holy pallies are #1 atm, druids and priests are roughly the same, and then shaman are last. But as was mentioned earlier it is situational. Like disc priests prolly arent particularly awesome on chimeron but are pretty kick ass for halfus.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby PsiVen » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 pm

In general, I would recommend 3 different classes, ideally including a paladin. Failing that, at least one paladin/druid and one shaman/priest.

We ran Al'Akir and Chimaeron once with 3 priests because we were trying to finish up normal modes on a bad night for attendance. Turned out to be quite a horrible setup.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to General Strats