Heroic Conclave of the four winds 25 man

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Conclave of the four winds 25 man

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 pm

I've never seen him juke, but I'm also not assigned to that platform on heroic mode. =/
Belloc

Postby Heliaster » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 pm

inthedrops wrote:He does Juke, that's not a fake excuse. And it catches people off guard. However, I've never actually SEEN it since I am never over there. But my GM plays a rogue on that platform, she NEVER gets hit, and she's acknowledged the juke and not faulted people when it happens. She seems to still be able to avoid it but I'm not sure what she's doing (she's very talented as far as self awareness + coordinating the issues during a fight goes).

But there shouldn't be any excuse otherwise! It will always boil down to some people being better, or learning quicker than others.

<3 Paper. He does this rarely, but it's a royal pain when it happens. Be sure people aren't thinking he's juking when in fact he gales someone before winding up for his Wind Blast. He does his hand waving animation pre-WB, so even if he's recently turned to nuke someone with gale, everyone has clear warning for the WB itself. The times I've seen this juke are when he's past the "wind-up" for WB, but then seems to shift positions and then blast that invisible death ray out a slightly different direction than you were anticipating based on his direction during his hand-waving wind-up. The few times I've seen it, I am almost sure that his positional change has been to rotate a tad counter-clockwise, so the people who get screwed by this little juke are the ones who are moving counter-clockwise before the ability starts, crossing the area that will be affected by the first second or so of the ability. For us, these were often the healers or the lone caster on the platform. The safest thing from my perspective as a melee is to swing around his rear every time in a clockwise fashion as he winds up, positioning myself at his left "butt-cheek" so that even if he jukes counter-clockwise a bit, I'm still safe.
Heliaster

Postby superworm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 am

My guild is working on this and we're having trouble balancing dps between platforms. At first we assigned 8 dps in the east platform, and the damage on boss is severely unbalanced: after the first round, north and east were at 80~85% while east was ~50%. Then we moved 2 dps to the west platform and asked the east people to go north earlier. However we then had problem with the storm shield breaking too late, which would cause people to fail at dodging the WB.

It seems that some classes/specs are very powerful in breaking the shield. For example, frost mage "Deep Freeze" hits over 90k and it's instant cast. Combat rogue "Killing Spree" is also very good at breaking the shield. Is it a good idea to stack these classes on the east platform?
superworm

Postby Meloree » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 am

superworm wrote:My guild is working on this and we're having trouble balancing dps between platforms. At first we assigned 8 dps in the east platform, and the damage on boss is severely unbalanced: after the first round, north and east were at 80~85% while east was ~50%. Then we moved 2 dps to the west platform and asked the east people to go north earlier. However we then had problem with the storm shield breaking too late, which would cause people to fail at dodging the WB.

It seems that some classes/specs are very powerful in breaking the shield. For example, frost mage "Deep Freeze" hits over 90k and it's instant cast. Combat rogue "Killing Spree" is also very good at breaking the shield. Is it a good idea to stack these classes on the east platform?

We put 8 DPS at Rohash platform - 5 of them are classes with good damage reduction abilities (Rogue, Shadow Priest, Ret Paladin, Druid, etc) who leave for Nazir platform as soon as stormshield breaks. They'll have a few stacks of the debuff, but they can get themselves through the frost ultimate without problems. The other 3 stay and keep dpsing Rohash until it's nearly time for ultimate. The Anshal platform gets 6 dps - it doesn't really matter which 6. Typically Anshal is a few percent ahead for us.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:25 am

Honestly just put your smartest 7-8 DPS on Rohash and you should be golden.

We happen to use all melee over there. Generally that's 2 warriors, 1 ret, 1 DK, 2 ferals, and 2 rogues. For long cooldowns (like Recklessness) we spread them out so they aren't all used for the same Storm Shield. Right before the shield goes up, all DPS pool energy/rage/HoPo/RP and then unload on the shield as soon as it pops.
baleogthefierce

Postby superworm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 am

After wiping for like two nights, we have finally settled on the strategy somehow. We tried both the kiting strategy and the add-killing strategy, and sadly our frost DK failed miserably in kiting the adds. So we decided to kill the adds instead. We were still practicing on the WB dodging, and things were progressing. However, I do notice that our dps didn't seem to be very good. Maybe people were too concerned about living and dodging, and we could generally output like 25% on the east and west each round with everyone alive. That means we will have to kill the east and west boss after the 4th ultimate, and I'm concerned whether this will cause an enrage problem. Any experience to share?
superworm

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:52 pm

On our first kills it was after the 4th ultimate ends. There's time in there. That's about when you should expect it to die. This is a fight where on your first kill, you can't usually afford any dead people.

I recal whne progressing that if we lost someone on wind platform who was unrezzable before the second ultimate we'd just wipe it and start again.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:54 pm

superworm wrote:After wiping for like two nights, we have finally settled on the strategy somehow. We tried both the kiting strategy and the add-killing strategy, and sadly our frost DK failed miserably in kiting the adds. So we decided to kill the adds instead. We were still practicing on the WB dodging, and things were progressing. However, I do notice that our dps didn't seem to be very good. Maybe people were too concerned about living and dodging, and we could generally output like 25% on the east and west each round with everyone alive. That means we will have to kill the east and west boss after the 4th ultimate, and I'm concerned whether this will cause an enrage problem. Any experience to share?

If memory serves, the enrage occurs after 8 minutes, which is sometime shortly after the 4th ultimate.

Remember that a Frost DK has AMS to prevent damage from the add debuffs AND Hungering Cold to freeze them in place (and prevent the spores from even going out) so he should have a fairly easy time of kiting the adds. On our first kill we had a mage helping our frost DK kite/snare/pick up adds as well, but on subsequent kills he's gotten good enough that he can pick up and solo kite all the adds on Anshal's platform without assistance. I'd highly recommend working the kiting angle some more if you're running into enrage issues.
baleogthefierce

Postby Rutheford » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:22 am

Has anyone tried 2-tanking this? We've been at this for about 100 attempts using the standard 3-tank strategy with one permanent Anshal tank and 2 tanks rotating on Nezir. We've tried 6 and 7 healers. We've had maybe one attempt where we got through the 3rd ultimate with everyone up (using 7 healers) but Anshal was way too high and some of our dps died returning to Rohash.

I was thinking for this to be viable it would probably require 2 pally tanks. I believe there are about 8 stacks of the frost debuff per round. In successful kills I believe there would be 4 rounds, i.e. before the first ultimate, before the 2nd, before the 3rd, and after the 3rd until Anshal and Rohash are killed. In 2 of those rounds the pallies could bubble off the stacks to trivialize those portions. In the 3rd, a cooldown would probably be necessary for each of the breaths after 4 or 5 stacks. Between using Mirror of Broken Images, glyphed Divine Protection, and lay on hands, I think a pally could reliably get through an entire phase without bubbling.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with something like this?
Rutheford

Postby Brutalus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:04 pm

We 2 tank it (with a DK kiting adds on Anshal if you don't count that) - just have your tanks jump when the bosses are at 87/88 energy and it shouldn't be a problem.
Brutalus

Postby Rutheford » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm

What 2 tank classes do you use?
Rutheford

Postby Brutalus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Warrior and paladin. Our warrior tanks Nezir on the first and third, and I do second and fourth.
Brutalus

Postby Arianne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Leave a rogue on Anshal permanently and make him put wound poison on his ranged. FoK every ultimate and every time a green circle lands on Anshal. Profit.
Arianne

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)