Re: Rift!

Postby amh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 am

Awesome, thank you.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby laterna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am

If you don't mind, I could use one for my girlfriend... I'm trying to addict her to an MMO :d
laterna

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 pm

How do the beta clients work? Do you have to download it again for each new beta phase or anything crazy like that? If you still have one of those codes, Tenaka, I might be interested in beta testing it. If not, no big deal. From what I've read here and on MMO-Champion's forums it seems like a pretty fun game. And I like fun.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby laterna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

As far as I know, you just update from beta version to beta version. But I could be mistaken
laterna

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:35 pm

laterna wrote:As far as I know, you just update from beta version to beta version. But I could be mistaken

Would be nice. I think it was the FFXIV beta (?) that I had to download twice? That sucked. And downloading it twice did, too.
Brutalicus

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Brutalicus wrote:Would be nice. I think it was the FFXIV beta (?) that I had to download twice? That sucked. And downloading it twice did, too.

I C wut U did thar :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

Next Beta confirmed! Just got my Beta invite today. 4 Feb 10am to 7 Feb 10am. Like I said before, they have a facebook page where they post free Beta codes.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Tenaka » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 pm

But if anyone wants the remaining uses, here's mine. Must be around 13 odd left now.

YFHT-T7NQ-TTWR-D6ZQ-EFGH

To Apply the VIP Code:

1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

And it seems a complete download was not required this time round. Just a simple update of the existing install.
Tenaka

Postby Brutalicus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Tenaka wrote:But if anyone wants the remaining uses, here's mine. Must be around 13 odd left now.

YFHT-T7NQ-TTWR-D6ZQ-EFGH

To Apply the VIP Code:

1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

And it seems a complete download was not required this time round. Just a simple update of the existing install.

You are awesome, thanks a ton. Any particular server or faction I should pick to increase my odds of hanging out with other maintankadins?
Thanks again, I look forward to testing Rift out!
Brutalicus

Postby Vanifae » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 am

Yeah in the beta for this weekend.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah in the beta for this weekend.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Vanifae » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Nothing has really impressed me. I do like the idea of the class system. It does seem overly easy to probably make a gimp or terrible class combo/spec.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby amh » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Well, I'm loving it so far. They've taken a lot of really annoying stuff from other games, fixed it, and implemented in Rift (Aoe loot? Hell yeah). They've been stress-testing Rift-events this weekend, which gives a skewed picture of how hard the Rifts will actually be (rifts popping up all over the place - you either mindlessly zerg it, or no one else arrives to help out). Getting an active guild will be absolutely vital here, at least if you don't give the average pug a lot of credit. I've only seen the entry level dungeons so far (the Iron Tomb), with no one having any cc yet. In difficulty they're starting at something akin to Maraudon.

The public ffa groups (for Rifts and Invasions) are really smooth, and it makes general farting around in game a lot more interesting. To put in in WoW terms, there's a world event happening every so often each day, and once you arrive on location, you can join the relevant raid group with the click of a button. The Rifts (per stage) and Invasions (once defeated) give currencies used to buy either fat loot or planar essences (Six slots hold these essences. Some are flat stat increases, others work like glyphs).

Looking forward to the next beta.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Masumi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

tried out rift. all i could see was spams that said "it's a wow clone" played it for a bit, kept seeing the spam. log out. slam my head on the keyboard.
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 am

Masumi wrote:tried out rift. all i could see was spams that said "it's a wow clone" played it for a bit, kept seeing the spam. log out. slam my head on the keyboard.

I'm confused... are you upset that it's a WoW clone... or that people keep talking about how it's a WoW clone?

Honestly, with some of the creation team having previously worked on WoW[1], it's really no surprise that it shares some of its base. I think if anything ever has a chance to be a "WoW killer," it's going to require it to be pretty polished/balanced upon release, and share some of the qualities that a lot of people enjoy WoW for.

Tangent: I'm curious how their team-up with SyFy[2] is going to work out... it seems like an interesting (and scary) concept.

[1] http://www.trionworlds.com/en/about/index.php
[2] http://www.trionworlds.com/en/games/syfy-action-mmo.php
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games