Remove Advertisements

Halfus Whelps HoTR issue

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Halfus Whelps HoTR issue

Postby Malediction » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:57 am

I've noticed when tanking our halfus heroic (25) kills that HoTR has difficulty hitting the whelps. Was wondering if anyone else had noticed this before I pester Blizzard to fix it :)

Scenario:

I'm usually tanking the time warden drake and the green whelps at the start whilst we burn both down.
Draenai female char (Tried with blood elf trinket and deviate delight to change char model, no effect).
Seal of truth, Glyph of HoTR.

This was first noticed when I was looking at my scrolling combat text during the fight and saw that HoTR was only hitting 6 targets when there were easily 10 whelps + the drake hitting me. Could this be because of the HoTR "nova" radiating from my character and the whelps being floating targets?

It's mostly just an issue as keeping aggro off the fire mages doing 200K DPS with combustion is challenging enough without HoTR silently failing (Well I say silently.... SPANG <3).
Malediction

Re: Halfus Whelps HoTR issue

Postby d503 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Got a parse I can play with?

Here's mine from our kill last night: http://goo.gl/zJtaI

Looks like at best I'm hitting 9 Whelps at once.

I'm using this expression in the editor to see this level of detail, you can try it by subbing out my name (Tippo) for yours:

Code: Select all
spell = "Hammer of the Righteous" and targetName = "Orphaned Emerald Whelp" or fullType = SWING_DAMAGE and sourceName = "Orphaned Emerald Whelp" or fullType = SWING_MISSED and sourceName = "Orphaned Emerald Whelp"

Hope this helps!
d503

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm really ocd and terrible at posting in random threads with information that's like...completely not constructive...but

taken from wowwiki

Starting in Patch 4.0.1, Hammer of the Righteous has two effects:
It attacks the paladin's current target with a straight melee physical attack, doing a percentage of weapon damage. This attack can miss, be dodged, be parried, or be blocked, and does double damage on a crit, just like any other physical melee attack.
If the physical attack connects with its target, it then attacks all nearby enemies (including the paladin's target) with a Holy damage spell. This is resolved as a spell attack, using the paladin's spell miss chance.

So...(assuming that I'm not an idiot and that this is actually correct) that would mean, with the painfully low hit that everyone has, you probably have like a 6% miss chance with the initial application and then like a 6-7% miss chance with every single application of the aoe component after that. say you have 10 mobs...you can lead out that you're going to tend to miss at least one every other swing - if not more.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Malediction » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:27 pm

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3f7b8o6x ... 422&e=2787

Is a recent report (I'm Ivona), recorded 1.1% miss rate with HoTR (They're only level 87), I'll have a looksie and see if I missed anything obvious.
Malediction

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)