Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

I made a little macro for Cho'gall

Postby Beefchief » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Avenger's Shield
/targetlasttarget

What this does at the tank:
When two players (on 10m Cho) get mind controlled, this macro will auto target the players and immediately get them out of MC without nasty aftereffects like continued fear or stun. This is especially great when the players are close together, as it'll bounce (hence I don't use Focused Shield for this fight)

If there is no enemy player to target, it casts Avenger's like normal
Beefchief

Re: I made a little macro for Cho'gall

Postby Vort » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Nice one, never thought of using that. I'll give it a whirl on our next Cho'gall kill and let you know how it turns out.

We usually stack everyone right under him pretty much so when I'm tanking him the shield bounces fine and dandy, but that macro will be really useful for when the ads are up and people need to spread for purple missile stuff.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 am

I personally still prefer priests with Psychic Scream glyph.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Xebren » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I came up with this macro. Its great because you can spam it right before the Worshiping cast and it won't actually do anything until the MC goes off. It happens so fast that the name plates don't even seem to activate as them being MC'd.

/cast [@Person1,harm,exists] [@Person2,harm,exists] [@Person3,harm,exists] Avenger's Shield

Our raid is split up into 2 different groups, one for melee and another for casters. With that macro I can always keep the melee group under control.
Xebren

Postby Jaitee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:49 pm

#showtooltip Avenger's shield
/tar raid1
/tar [help]raid2
/tar [help]raid3
/tar [help]raid4
/tar [help]raid5
/tar [help]raid6
/tar [help]raid7
/tar [help]raid8
/tar [help]raid9
/tar [help]raid10
/cast [harm]avenger's shield

thats my cho'gall macro

start spamming it a second b4 mcs go out and youll break all 3 instantly!

also tell everyone in your group with an interupt to use it but change avengers shield of course!

once u start spamming it b4 mcs go out your target will change to whoever is in raid spot 10 so dont worry about it ASing cho'gall before the MCs

and youll have to manually retarget cho'gall after your done though
Jaitee

Postby Beefchief » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 pm

^^ Hence why I put a /targetlasttarget at the end of my macro, to avoid manual re-target :)

I'm going to give your guys' macros a shot the next time I run Cho.
Beefchief

Postby Jaitee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Beefchief wrote:^^ Hence why I put a /targetlasttarget at the end of my macro, to avoid manual re-target :)

I'm going to give your guys' macros a shot the next time I run Cho.

with mine since it cycles through all your raid members till it finds one that is hostile /targetlastarget would just revert to the member b4 the mind controlled one...i do suppose /target cho'gall would work though

mine has the advantage over yours of being spammable like you said with yours if noone is mcd itll hit your target mine if nobody is mcd then youll be targetting whoever is 10th in your raid list and you cant attack them allowing you to start spamming the macro a second before MC's go out which results in instant removal of the mind controls

and just a FYI the interupt portion of AS is instant the silence and damage however has a travel time so it is instant removal even though the spell looks to be traveling towards them
Jaitee

Postby PsiVen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 am

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [harm] Avenger's Shield
/tar Cho'gall

Should be spammable, only go off if you get a player targeted, and always target the closest MCed player (who is most likely to be in range). I'll give it a whirl Monday and let you know if it works as predicted.

Update: I tried this macro, it seems to work most of the time but sometimes it just doesn't do anything. Not sure why, but my guess is that /targetenemyplayer has a much shorter effective range than AS.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby GlockComa » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Could this macro be used for Debilitating Beam? Is that possible in come way? Or is there a better way to hand Debilitating Beam?
GlockComa

Postby Fetzie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 pm

in ten man you can just hit cho'gall with AS as the primary target and it will jump to the two mind controls if you are stacking up properly.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby GlockComa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 am

Pyrea wrote:in ten man you can just hit cho'gall with AS as the primary target and it will jump to the two mind controls if you are stacking up properly.

I think you are talking about worship targets... there are lots of posts on the web for that. I'm talking about the tentacles at the end of the fight... they put a laser on random targets that reduce their outgoing dps and incoming heals by 75%. I'm trying to figure out a macro of some sorts that would cycle through party members and assist those with "debilitating team" debuff on them.

The only way to stop the beam is to interrupt the tentacles and they all do it at once.

I hope this makes sense!
GlockComa

Postby Aubade » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 am

GlockComa wrote:
Pyrea wrote:in ten man you can just hit cho'gall with AS as the primary target and it will jump to the two mind controls if you are stacking up properly.

I think you are talking about worship targets... there are lots of posts on the web for that. I'm talking about the tentacles at the end of the fight... they put a laser on random targets that reduce their outgoing dps and incoming heals by 75%. I'm trying to figure out a macro of some sorts that would cycle through party members and assist those with "debilitating team" debuff on them.

The only way to stop the beam is to interrupt the tentacles and they all do it at once.

I hope this makes sense!

The only way to do this would be to get a macro that would target beams that are targeting friendly players, which I don't believe is possible. You can do what I do (which never works because I'm too lazy to un-glyph focused shield) but just target one of the beams (Wether tab or click, doesn't matter.) and shield it. Those things really need to be interuppted by a warlock (shadowfurylol) or someone else, since they're going to continue casting right after your shield anyways.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:11 am

What I do is keep my Arcane Torrent for the first lot of tentacles in P1, when I see a debuff on our other tank (he will just have taunted at this point) I just hit that, then I start whacking a nearby tentacle, when I see a dark shadow cast on the tentacles I know they are either casting or channeling so I chuck Avenger's shield at them, rebuke for the tentacle I am currently targetting. They are usually close enough together to get all three AS jumps. You can also hammer of justice them which takes them out for 6 seconds iirc.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby _Chloe » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 pm

UI Forum is down one.
Plus:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cleartarget
/cast [@raid1,harm][@raid2,harm][@raid3,harm][@raid4,harm][@raid5,harm][@raid6,harm][@raid7,harm][@raid8,harm][@raid9,harm][@raid10,harm]Counterspell
/targetlasttarget

Since I play my Mage more than my pally anymore. Change Counterspell to whatever interrupt you are using. Even re-targets your last target.
_Chloe

Postby Weru » Mon May 02, 2011 10:16 am

Just wondering. I just started using Vuhdo and I'm thinking that I could just put Avenger's Shield as the left click for Enemy targets on the frame. Has anyone tried this?
ImageImage
Weru

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros