Remove Advertisements

[Resto Shaman] Stat help 4.0.3

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Resto Shaman] Stat help 4.0.3

Postby Aanar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Does anyone have some decent stat weights for resto shaman?

I've checked the usual places (Plusheal, EJ, mmo champion guides) but haven't really found anything specific, just the usualy vague int > spirit > haste > crit > mastery. Max DPS and Wowhead item database have weights, but they seem very wacky so I don't believe them all.

The vague reference works well enough for gear selection in the same tier. Pretty much if a S/H piece is available, that's best. If not, then a S/C>H one will do (spirit and crit with crit reforged to haste). From what I can tell a S/M>H one wins over H/C>S just from the extra spirit.

It gets tricker to try to figure out if socket bonuses are worth going for or if a poorly itemized higher tier is better than a well itemized lower tier item. Stat weights would really help in these cases.

I know mastery is being buffed in 4.0.6, so that throws a small wrench in things too. It should just be a straight 20% boost though (3.0 new / 2.5 old - 1 = 0.20), so easy enough to adjust when 4.0.6 drops.

If anyone has any help, that would be awesome. Thanks!
Aanar

Re: [Resto Shaman] Stat help 4.0.3

Postby Aanar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 am

I knew this was a long shot, since there aren't good healer weightings that I've found for any classes.

Here's what I'm thinking for priorities. Any feedback is appreciated. :-)

1. 359 S/H
2. 359 S/C>H
3. 359 S/M>H
4. 346 S/H
5. 346 S/C>H
6. 346 S/M>H
7. 359 H/C>S
8. 359 H/M>S
Aanar

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Honestly, I'm looking at getting to 916 haste with Wrath of Air totem up and anything beyond that switching over to crit for the mana regen. In the longer fights, it seems like I have the time to cast slower heals but going OOM is still a very real problem for me.

I don't have any weightings, just my anecdotes on play style. As for secondary stats (excluding intellect and spirit), I'm going with the following:

Haste to 916>Crit>Mastery>Haste
thatguy

Postby Aanar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks. I knew crit was better for shaman than for other healers due to it's regen mechanic but I didn't realize 916 haste was a breakpoint, so thank you for that. (I'm guessing something has an extra tick there.) I have one piece that's S/M and the rest are about half S/H and the rest S/C. I think my haste was somewhere around 1500 so I think I'll try moving some of it to crit.
Aanar

Postby sherck » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 am

thatguy wrote:Haste to 916>Crit>Mastery>Haste

Why 916 Haste? What does that buy you?

Cheers,
sherck

Postby thatguy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 am

Sorry, my last post was done in a hurry so I didn't get to explain why I am only looking at haste of 916.

With Wrath of Air up (or some other 5% haste buff), 916 haste gives you an additional tick of Earthliving Weapon (from 4 to 5) over 12 seconds.

The next breakpoint for an additional tick with the 5% haste buff is 3966 haste for 6 ticks of Earthliving Weapon and 2005 for 9 ticks of Riptide.

Crit procs the "consumption" of a water orb for mana, it helps to keep up Ancestral Healing, it procs Ancestral Awakening, and our HoTs can benefit from it too. If you have Telluric Currents, crit helps increase the mana regen nature of that talent.

I might be too harsh on haste but so many of our talents/abilities synergize with crit that it becomes hard to ignore.
thatguy

Postby Devistasion » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 am

I think I am going to try and getting back to healing on my shaman. I healed all the way through wrath with my shammy but with the changes I haven't had the motivation to do so, but I like the challenge. So wish me luck and thanks for the stat priority.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes