Remove Advertisements

Enchant Gloves - Armsman

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Enchant Gloves - Armsman

Postby Siral » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

How much is effective this enchant in cataclysm?

I just wonder if it could be a solution for my little threat problem (works also in aoe pulls??) withouth changing my reforged gear.
Siral

Re: Enchant Gloves - Armsman

Postby Digren » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 pm

You shouldn't have a threat problem. In what situations are you looking for more threat?
Digren

Postby econ21 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 am

If one were building a threat set, armsman sounds a good enchant. Even though it is an old enchant, the bonus of 2% threat scales perfectly well. It sounds like a small number, but then in our gearing choices we agonise over much smaller numbers. 2% actually seems rather big for one enchant.

However, if you have threat problems in general, a 2% boost may not be enough to resolve them. Working on marking, CC, pulling, rotation and the play style of your party is more likely may be the solution, depending on the exact problem.
econ21

Postby Siral » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 am

It's for a threat set to farm HC. I've no problem in single target fights, but since we farm aoe hcs, I've guildmates that pull me aggro in aoe (arms warrior above all).
Siral

Postby yappo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:42 am

It's not good enough.

Now let me back up that statement.

You're losing threat during pull (the ten or so seconds after you call the attention of the targets by, for example, hurling a shield in their faces).
Adding two percent extra threat to a situation where you most likely lost threat because you missed (nowhere near hit/exp cap), or when your dps decided to go bonkers from the start (or most likely a combination), will not help.

You're losing threat mid-fight and stand watching one mob out of four beelining directly towards a dps. Adding two percent threat to AoE damage will not fix the problem of dps focusing on something else than you do.

You're losing threat mid-fight and stand watching one mob out of four beelining directly towards a healer. Adding two percent threat to AoE damage MIGHT fix the problem. Taunting off that healer, retargeting for a short while and salving said healer is better.

Besides, someone with the math could also answer if +50 expertize rating to gloves does more for threat than Armsman (assuming you're below soft cap before as well as after enchanting). I still advice against it, but if you want threat.
yappo

Postby Siral » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm in a pre-raid gear (only Magmaw down). A bit lucky with HC drops (Pauldron of Edward the Odd dropped me 2 days ago) so I think I have a good gear for my level.

Self buffed I'm 88,94 CTC, so I think I could lose the +50 mastery on hands to put +50 expertise (low expertise, only 5 and 2,68% hit) to improve my threat.

I will try :D
Siral

Postby Digren » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Siral wrote:I'm in a pre-raid gear (only Magmaw down). A bit lucky with HC drops (Pauldron of Edward the Odd dropped me 2 days ago) so I think I have a good gear for my level.

Self buffed I'm 88,94 CTC, so I think I could lose the +50 mastery on hands to put +50 expertise (low expertise, only 5 and 2,68% hit) to improve my threat.

I will try :D

If you want to gain 50 expertise rating at the expense of 50 something, reforge one of your mastery/avoidance pieces to gain expertise at the expense of 50 dodge or parry rating.

Whatever your CTC, 50 mastery rating is always better than 50 dodge or parry rating, so don't give up the more valuable thing for threat. (Assuming you need threat, which you still probably don't.) There's no reason to make an enchant change when reforging exists to give you more flexibility for the same thing.
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice