Remove Advertisements

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Postby sapientialb » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Is it possible to write a rule to show how many stacks of Malevolent Strikes the other tank has during Halfus? We made some progress tonight but getting some help with our transitions would be helpful. Bigwigs and DBM dont seem to track it.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Arees » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 pm

sapientialb wrote:Is it possible to write a rule to show how many stacks of Malevolent Strikes the other tank has during Halfus? We made some progress tonight but getting some help with our transitions would be helpful. Bigwigs and DBM dont seem to track it.

If what fuzzy was saying is right about stacks, then the rule
Code: Select all
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Halfus;;Malevolent Strikes;raid;raid;
should work. The reason it works is because there is no user supplied message, so it will say what appears in the combat log, which will likely be formatted as "Malevolent Strikes (2)" for 2 stacks. The reason I never knew it "tracks" stacks is I always add my own message.

I say "tracks" because there is no way for it to only send a message if you only have 3 stacks of X debuff/buff... I think that is what modus had added, and now I can't find that anywhere.
Arees

Postby sapientialb » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 am

Awesome, I'll get it all setup and give it a try!

Appreciate it!

Sap

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Devteck » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 am

sapientialb wrote:Is it possible to write a rule to show how many stacks of Malevolent Strikes the other tank has during Halfus? We made some progress tonight but getting some help with our transitions would be helpful. Bigwigs and DBM dont seem to track it.

the best way to deal with Malevolent strikes is once the first switch happens at however many stacks you decided to switch at .. just taun back once your debuff is off generally the tank that is on halfus while your waiting on your debuff to fall off will be at that specific amount of stacks anyway. Then just have him taunt back once his debuff is done with. It Clears vent and really it makes your tanking life much easier.
Devteck

Postby Notorius101 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:40 pm

ok for the life of me i cant get my rules to work here is what i have:

TJH: Rule 1: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Divine Protection;;SAY;20% Shield wall is up!;
TJH: Rule 2: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Divine Protection;;SAY;20% Shield wall is over!;
TJH: Rule 3: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Guardian of Ancient Kings;;SAY;60% Shield wall is up!;
TJH: Rule 4: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;60% Shield wall is over!;
TJH: Rule 5: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Ardent Defender;;SAY;Ardent Defender is up!;
TJH: Rule 6: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Ardent Defender;;SAY;Ardent Defender over!;
TJH: Rule 7: SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;Phaqueue;Lay on Hands;;SAY;Lay on Hands Used!;

if anyone could tell me if I did these wrong I would much appreciate it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Postby Arees » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Notorius101 wrote:ok for the life of me i cant get my rules to work here is what i have:

TJH: Rule 1: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Divine Protection;;SAY;20% Shield wall is up!;
TJH: Rule 2: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Divine Protection;;SAY;20% Shield wall is over!;
TJH: Rule 3: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Guardian of Ancient Kings;;SAY;60% Shield wall is up!;
TJH: Rule 4: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;60% Shield wall is over!;
TJH: Rule 5: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Phaqueue;Ardent Defender;;SAY;Ardent Defender is up!;
TJH: Rule 6: /TJH RULE SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Phaqueue;Ardent Defender;;SAY;Ardent Defender over!;
TJH: Rule 7: SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;Phaqueue;Lay on Hands;;SAY;Lay on Hands Used!;

if anyone could tell me if I did these wrong I would much appreciate it.

Try taking your name out and just use self as the unit to monitor... like

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Divine Protection;self;say;20% Shield wall is up!

if that doesnt work, try using SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS and make 2 rules that look like
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Divine Protection;self;say;20% Shield wall is up!;
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Divine Protection;self;say;20% Shield wall is over!;10

The 10 is the delay, so using DP triggers both events, but the 2nd one fires 10 seconds later when the duration of DP ends. I'm not 100% sure why the ones you posted didn't work though, but I suspect it has something to do with using SPELL_AURA_APPLIED because I have found that to be a little spotty in the past. Also, I personally don't like spamming when I use my cooldowns because I find that it annoys me when other people do. Therefore I don't do it either.

Here is the rule I use for LoH. It works in raid and party.

/tjh rule SPELL_HEAL;;;Lay on Hands;raid;AUTO;*source cast Lay on Hands on *target.

**EDIT**

Interesting discussion going on here about GoAK not throwing a SEPLL_AURA_APPLIED event, and if that is correct then that is why that particular rule didn't work. The other rules could have very similar issues.

Here is a good way to test... Go somewhere in the middle of nowhere to make sure no one else is around. Type /combatlog. Cast each cd and wait for it to fade and then type /combatlog again. Look in your wow folder for a folder called logs. Go to it and open the combatlog text file. It will show you the raw combat log entries for all of them.
Last edited by Arees on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arees

Postby RedAces » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 am

hey,

if you don't want to use TJH (for whatever reason) I found a addon which can do similar things. WeakAuras is a PowerAuras replacement and you can configure certain auras to be fired at combatlogevents, outputting a chat sequence and hide itself instantly! You have to use the custom trigger and select the combatlog event you want. You have no dynamic variables and no stack-tracing but hey... it works ;)

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Arees » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

Arees wrote:Here is a good way to test... Go somewhere in the middle of nowhere to make sure no one else is around. Type /combatlog. Cast each cd and wait for it to fade and then type /combatlog again. Look in your wow folder for a folder called logs. Go to it and open the combatlog text file. It will show you the raw combat log entries for all of them.

I went ahead and did this. Here are the appropriate combat log entries.

For GoAK there was only 1 event fired, and it was
SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,86150,"Guardian of Ancient Kings",0x2

For AD, there were 3 events fired
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,31850,"Ardent Defender",0x1,BUFF
SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,31850,"Ardent Defender",0x1
SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,31850,"Ardent Defender",0x1,BUFF

For DP there were 3 events fired
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,498,"Divine Protection",0x2,BUFF
SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,498,"Divine Protection",0x2
SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,498,"Divine Protection",0x2,BUFF

So using SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and SPELL_AURA_REMOVED should work with DP and AD but not GoAK.

**EDIT**

I just used and tested the following rules and they work.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Ardent Defender;self;SAY;Ardent Defender - 20% DR active
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Ardent Defender;self;SAY;20% DR faded.
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Divine Protection;self;SAY;Divine Protection - 20% DR active
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;;Divine Protection;self;SAY;20% DR faded.
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;GoAK - 50% DR active.
/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;;Guardian of Ancient Kings;self;SAY;50% DR faded.;12

If you have 4 piece T11 then change the 12 to an 18 in that last rule.
Arees

Postby Tor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 pm

is it possible to set this up in a way to replace the addon 'fatality'?
Tor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Tor wrote:is it possible to set this up in a way to replace the addon 'fatality'?

I don't think so. The mod parses combat log events line by line, and the log for something dying
2/1 18:57:30.001  UNIT_DIED,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0xF1304CD4000011E2,"Shadowfiend",0x1114

Doesn't have any of the additional information Fatality reports.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Addi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:08 pm

First off, I apologize for my first post being a 'omg halp' post, but I've exhausted the search function as much as I could!

I am using the following rule to announce that I have interrupted a spell:
SPELL_INTERRUPT;Addiction;;;raid;RAID;Spell interrupted!;

What I need help with is figuring how how to make it announce the specific spell that I am interrupting. Can anyone give me a hand?
Addi

Postby Arees » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Addi wrote:First off, I apologize for my first post being a 'omg halp' post, but I've exhausted the search function as much as I could!

I am using the following rule to announce that I have interrupted a spell:
SPELL_INTERRUPT;Addiction;;;raid;RAID;Spell interrupted!;

What I need help with is figuring how how to make it announce the specific spell that I am interrupting. Can anyone give me a hand?

That is currently not possible with this addon. Though that is probably something that could be easily added. It would need another variable like *source or *target called *spellname maybe. I don't have the time or the inclination to do it however. I've got a lot of real life stuff going on and I've already canceled my subscription. It runs out in about a week :(

Actually... how easy (or hard) it would be to add this functionality depends on how an interrupt shows in the combat log. I'm sure that an event would be fired that you successfully cast your interrupt, but if there is no event fired from the interrupted mob saying he was interrupted than it wouldn't even be possible to do with this addon.
Arees

Postby MopA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 am

You can do it by changing it for all interupt events. //without much effort :p

Change in thatjusthappend.lua

elseif string_find(arg2, "INTERRUPT") then
      TJH_wait(TJH_timeDelay,TJH_Print,arg7.."'s "..arg13.." interrupted by "..arg4..".", TJH_Channel);

with

elseif string_find(arg2, "SPELL_INTERRUPT") then
      TJH_wait(TJH_timeDelay,TJH_Print,arg7.."'s "..arg13.." interrupted by "..arg4.." with ["..arg10.."] .", TJH_Channel); -- arg7:target of interupt,  arg13:spell name(enemy) , arg4:source , arg10:innterupt spell name

You can also add spell school but it makes it already too spammy.

@Addi
You can just make the fallowing rule
SPELL_INTERRUPT;;;;;AUTO;;

Every successful interupt will be shown (and some lag interrupts also :/ ) but its usefull to know who in your raid is innterupting and poke these who dont do it.
MopA

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:52 am

This is incredibly useful. I'll add this to the codebase and start a fork on Wowinterface.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 am

fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros