Remove Advertisements

Some Good Natural Energy Boosters

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Some Good Natural Energy Boosters

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Don't know what they call them in your neck of the woods, but here we have a thing called Berocca which is an effervescent tablet that you dissolve in a glass of water, then drink. It is full of B vitamins. In South Africa they have a version of it called "hairy lemon".

It's a good way to top up your B vitamins that doesn't involve taking pills.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:49 pm

I took B-12 about 30min before I went to class. I also ate an apple.

I felt great tonight, I was still sweaty but I didn't have any trouble catching my breath.
Lightbeard

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Even basic stretching and workouts have been causing me to become extremely tired, sweaty, and I begin to see colors. I have no idea what is wrong I just seem to have a sudden drop in energy. For months I was able to do all the exercises and drills before I'd even begin sweating.
That seems a bit more acute than lacking energy. If this has become common or persists, you really should get to a doctor.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Even basic stretching and workouts have been causing me to become extremely tired, sweaty, and I begin to see colors. I have no idea what is wrong I just seem to have a sudden drop in energy. For months I was able to do all the exercises and drills before I'd even begin sweating.
That seems a bit more acute than lacking energy. If this has become common or persists, you really should get to a doctor.

Class was short on Thursday but I managed to load heavy ring gear on a tiny truck for 2 hours yesterday.

Than we had 1 hour of practice, I felt fine. I'll see how it goes Tuesday though when I buy some more fruits and try to get my sleep cycle back on schedule.
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I've been getting back on track with sleep, eating some fruits and exercising more. I've been feeling great.

Thanks for the tips
Lightbeard

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:45 pm

great to hear :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Thalia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 am

So I'll be honest and say I have not read through any of the replies...but to me what you describe sounds like just what happens to me when my sugar drops. Due to a stupid diet when I was 22 I fucked my sugar up for the rest of my life and tend to become hypoglycemic very easily. To me it sounds like your sugar is dropping off in spikes...if you treat it with energy boosters it can fuck it up worse...best thing is to eat something...like half a sandwich...nothing sugary or it will get worse as your insulin will over compensate..though first off Id suggest you see a doctor first to test you..it might not be your sugar but It seems like that is what it is.
Thalia

Postby Euphoria » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:39 am

B12 is a beautiful thing. I grew up on a farm, when we felt bad a B12 shot was the first step before going to the doctor. It normally gave us enough energy to push through being sick.

I know, it's not the best practice, but I'm still alive and it worked.
Euphoria

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum