Boss Debuffs/buffs

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Boss Debuffs/buffs

Postby scottgentank » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey all.
First time poster, long time fan.

I am using SBF, and stuf unitframes for my ui. I love both of them, however when i am looking for specific boss buffs or debuffs, they are not displaying correctly it seems. As an example on Karsh Steelbender in Blackrock Caverns, I am getting the molten armor (buff or debuff, I am not sure) in his unitframe, but it was not showing the cooldown so i couldn't tell when to dip him back in the fire.

On the trash in Baradin hold leading to Argoleth i noticed the same problem. I could not see the number of stacks for when to taunt off the other tank. I just guessed.

I was wondering if there was an addon to help with better customizing buffs and debuffs on bosses.

I am also wondering if anyone else has this type of issue, and how they fixed it.

thanks.
scottgentank

Re: Boss Debuffs/buffs

Postby arktik » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm

scottgentank wrote:Hey all.
First time poster, long time fan.

I am using SBF, and stuf unitframes for my ui. I love both of them, however when i am looking for specific boss buffs or debuffs, they are not displaying correctly it seems. As an example on Karsh Steelbender in Blackrock Caverns, I am getting the molten armor (buff or debuff, I am not sure) in his unitframe, but it was not showing the cooldown so i couldn't tell when to dip him back in the fire.

On the trash in Baradin hold leading to Argoleth i noticed the same problem. I could not see the number of stacks for when to taunt off the other tank. I just guessed.

I was wondering if there was an addon to help with better customizing buffs and debuffs on bosses.

I am also wondering if anyone else has this type of issue, and how they fixed it.

thanks.

Check out shadowed unit frames, from the day i got it i was hooked. Warning though it takes a bit to config. Not that its not well thought out theres just a LOT you can customize. I use it and never have issues seeing debuffs on other tanks. What I have set is on target of target debuffs, enabled, and thats the end of it.

Once you spend time in the config you'll love it i think.
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby Samus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 am

I have the same problem with XPearl but DBM has a bar for this so its easy just to watch the bar rather than the buff/debuff.
Samus - 80 - Human Female Prot Pally - The Hackett Clan
Samus

Postby scottgentank » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Hey
Thanks for your suggestions but I found the answer.

In Satrina Buff Frames, you can make a new Buff bar and assign it to 'target' since SBFrames are so customizable it makes sense that these are the best option.

I just simply turned off the Stuf buffs, debuffs options for 'target' frame.

It worked like a charm.

Gen
scottgentank

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros