Bile-O-Tron vs. Signet of the Elder Council

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Bile-O-Tron vs. Signet of the Elder Council

Postby Øtep » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Currently in the position of having [Bile-O-Tron Nut] and [Signet of the Elder Council] as my two rings, and next(last) on my VP list is [Ring of the Battle Anthem].

I was wondering if someone could post stat weightings and advise on which one I should be replacing for the new ring. My initial feeling is the [Bile-O-Tron Nut] should go, but I'm not sure...

Cheers for the help!

Øtep
Øtep

Re: Bile-O-Tron vs. Signet of the Elder Council

Postby arktik » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Øtep wrote:Currently in the position of having [Bile-O-Tron Nut] and [Signet of the Elder Council] as my two rings, and next(last) on my VP list is [Ring of the Battle Anthem].

I was wondering if someone could post stat weightings and advise on which one I should be replacing for the new ring. My initial feeling is the [Bile-O-Tron Nut] should go, but I'm not sure...

Cheers for the help!

Øtep

Can you post your wowarmory?
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby Øtep » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Here we are Øtep @ Anachronos EU. Hope my pve gear is showing :)

Fear the Tenderizer!
Øtep

Postby Vort » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 pm

At my current gear level (approximately the same as yours Øtep). The Signet of the Elder Council gives me 0.05% less CTC than the Ring of Battle Anthem once raid buffs are applied.

Here's me.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dreadmaul/vortimosa/simple

Bile-O-Tron will more than likely give you even less overall CTC than Signet of the Elder Council. Exact figures I'm not sure of since I'm currently at work and all my notepad doco stuff is at home. It is probably worth noting that Bile-O-Tron might give more AVOIDANCE than Signet would due to higher dodge rating + str for parry rating.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby excalibrax » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 pm

[Bile-O-Tron Nut]
44 expertise and 67 expertise with 286 stam 190 dodge 136 strength
[Signet of the Elder Council]
50 Dodge/parry and 77 haste with 286 stam and 190 agi and 127 mastery
[Ring of the Battle Anthem]
as is 286 stam, 190 strength, 127 dodge, 127 mastery
[Elementium Moebius Band]
with 20 parry 30 stamina gem for 297 stam, 128 dodge, 20 parry, 65 mastery

I have been debating these 4 against each other, Reforged vs not reforged as well.

currently i've been leaning towards the JC band and Battle anthem as best in slot and both easy to come by Does anyone else have any opinions
excalibrax

Postby Jonlo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 am

The rings from Conclave of Wind, if you can get them.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63489

The stats didn't show up on Wowhead correctly until the last couple of days. If you can get "of the Bedrock" or "of the Rockslab" You'll be sitting pretty.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Øtep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Having bought [Ring of the Battle Anthem] I found that [Signet of the Elder Council] offers more CTC than [Bile-O-Tron Nut] (and the exp isn't such an issue) so I'm gonna run with that setup until I get my hands on that elusive [Permafrost Signet of the (random)] :)
Øtep

Postby Digren » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Having (finally) finished my stage four ring analysis, this was my ranking and comment.

Fingers
    1. [Ring of the Battle Anthem] : 1250 Valor Points
    1. [Permafrost Signet of the Rockslab] : Throne of the Four Winds (Normal) Nezir
    1. [Permafrost Signet of the Bedrock] : Throne of the Four Winds (Normal) Nezir
    1. [Signet of the Elder Council] : The Earthen Ring (Exalted)
    1. [Mistral Circle of the Zephyr] : Throne of the Four Winds (Normal) Nezir
    1. [Mistral Circle of the Windstorm] : Throne of the Four Winds (Normal) Nezir
    2. [Permafrost Signet of the Bouldercrag] : Throne of the Four Winds (Normal) Nezir
    3. [Elementium Destroyer's Ring] : BoE Jewelcrafting
    4. [Bile-O-Tron Nut] : Blackwing Descent (Normal) Chimaeron
    4. [Elementium Moebius Band] : BoE Jewelcrafting

Digren says, "The Bile-O-Tron Nut just isn't very good compared to all the other options with mastery. All the top items are pretty closely spaced; most will use a Signet of the Elder Council and whatever else they can get. Keep in mind the agility contribution to dodge as the reason why agility + mastery/threat rings rank so highly. Other iLvl 359 options (Band of Bees, Blauvelt's, Cloudburst Ring of the Faultline) rank below most iLvl 346 options and thus aren't listed here."
Digren

Postby econ21 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 am

One twist on the agility vs strength issue is that strength helps our self-heals (by raising our attack power). There's a thread on this in the Advanced Training forum.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

My casual reading is that the effect may be large enough to affect some of these survivability comparisons, but I think we are waiting for theckhd or someone else to try to quantify them.
econ21

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:41 am

Yeah, that's on my to-do list. Unfortunately, it's #2 on the list, right beneath "Finish the 4.0.6 matlab code," so it might have to wait until Sunday or Monday.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:17 am

If you are even slightly worried about CTC, losing that str is worth having a mastery item in that slot.
Awyndel

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice