Spending gold on Alta... (and soul blade question)

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Spending gold on Alta... (and soul blade question)

Postby letmebreathe » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 pm

OP Grats on ur purchase.

To all the others out there considering buying, Start a BoT Trash farm fest, it can be done in 346iLvL ave gear. Take a group of mates or, do as most people do and, reserve the first BOE. I farmed the shoulders, Soul Blade and staff for wife and I, took all of three runs to obtain them all. I did it all without reserving a thing by stacking my groups to people who couldnt use the items, IE single tank and Pally heals.

My mates guild made over 400k in a weekend becuase they sold all drops in the pretence that prices will slowly drop.
All four of his tanks now in shoulders soulblade with multiple other drops.
letmebreathe

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm

halabar wrote:
culhag wrote:I don't see the point of buying epics for a character who'll never raid.
And for a character who will raid, you shouldn't need to buy from the AH since you'll get the same from raiding. :D

Fair enough, but what else do you do with gold in-game?.. :D

You buy all my Mysterious Fortune Cards :) lol!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby culhag » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 pm

letmebreathe wrote: Start a BoT Trash farm fest

Five full clear of BoT and I've never seen the shoulders drop. :(
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Discus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Buy 'em - I read your posts in the AH thread and why work so hard making Gold if you get nothing for it?
Discus

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Discus wrote:Buy 'em - I read your posts in the AH thread and why work so hard making Gold if you get nothing for it?

Yep. :-)

It's not like it's the only 50k I had to my name, and like I said, I've also run out of BOEs to buy until the next major content patch. (Well, I could get the drop boots for the Dk, but that's about it. The other items are not that well itemized for a DW Frost DK, where I want hit>expertise>mastery>crit>haste. Far too much haste on the other BOE plate.).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:You buy all my Mysterious Fortune Cards :) lol!

In that volume, he might be able to make some good approximations of the expected yield rate. 100k in mats is ~10k cards. Of course, that's 15k seconds of GCDs, which is 250 minutes, which is ...wow. 4.166 hours, plus time to vendor/collect the results. Talk about mind numbing tedium! :D

Also - grats on the purchase, sounds like you have fun reasons. After all, what's the point of FU money if not to buy things like this? :D
Kelaan

Previous

Return to General