Selfish Guildmates

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Selfish Guildmates

Postby Discus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 am

I'm not doing heroics on my tanks anymore. I've moved into the heals/dps department but I regularly seek out tanks to put on my friends list.

I tipped a tank 500g after a run the other day. He was absolutely flawless. Marked in less than 5 seconds, discussed strats, was entirely calm when things hit the fan, patient with wipes, and even cheered on some of our lower dps members.

This is so refreshing to hear. I've also quit tanking PUGs on my own. Attempts to mark, pause, drink, discus tactics are invariably met with "gogogo!" or "less chatting more action" etc. Where are all these PUGs going in such a hurry?

However, as long as my guild holds the majority in a PUG we can engineer a nice run by kicking any rude impatient dps until we get decent, patient players.
Discus

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 am

Discus wrote:Where are all these PUGs going in such a hurry?

Clearly in a rush to get back in their 45 minute queues.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby ImzadiDax » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm

My two cents.

Because of my work schedule, I am online alot at the end of the week and barely online enough to do 'have to' dailys and collect mail during the early week. Because of this I am a little behind getting the rep items as I can only do the dailys half the week. As our early dps individuals got to 85 some got very demanding about me running heroics, because they had long ques. I got just as demanding that I still needed to see the regular dungeons and would be willing to que for those. So far there are a few dps that are very willing to help out as far as my learning the dungeons and our healers getting gear, and when we start heroics, probably this week, they are the ones that I will ask first if they want to que.

Because we are a large social guild we do get people that come and go alot in the guild. I have had one recent addition that left abruptly when he told me in guild chat that I needed to run a heroic with him because he didn't want to wait for a 45 minute que, to which I stated that I knew they were horrible, I have to wait when I que on my dps and the best way to help the situation would be running the reg dungeons to help gear the guild tanks and healers. At that time I was a couple points off from the minimum to que for heroics.

This happened early on in WoLK and we had some people leave because we were very 'clicky'. Always running with the same people on their mains and alts. Once I am comfortable in the dungeons on heroics I am sure there will be many many opportunities for anyone that is willing to get into them as I will run alot of heroics when I am off work for this reason. But my priority will still be to the same people that were willing to hang out in regulars when I and the healers needed the time to learn and get gear.

From a guild lead POV, those that help others, end up being the first that are asked along on such things as raid runs and achievement attempts, because they are the people I know I can count on to be patient and actually apply themselves. Most of the guild are awesome at working together, and those that are currently 'waiting' to do raids as the rest of the guild catches up to them, are busy filling the raid tab of the bank with items for that.

This new expansion honeymoon phase will end and then there will be the patches to keep us occupied. I have tried explaining that it would probably only be for a short time, and we will quickly overgear the heroics and the ques will settle down as more feel comfortable queing for them. To those that leave due to frustration at the ques and the guild being to slow... I wish you well.
ImzadiDax

Postby letmebreathe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm the GM of a small guild ( 11accounts or so ) Im the protadin and wife is Hpriest, my guild is really there as a place for ppl to chillax and do what they want. My guild members recently asked if we were keen to raid, to which I replyed yes, lets gear up and have a crack.

My wife and I have filled the first tab of GBank with stacks of consumables ie str/int/spirit/agi food and flasks ( albiet WoLK ones ) for when we run guild heroics. To no avail they wont touch them, one guild member even said "I didnt know we had a GBank". Its currently 6tabs full of enchanting mats gems ore food and herbs. I have offered to help people level up professions to assist with raids. In the end I just closed the GBank to people becuase they started abusing it.

After running countless heroics with the guild to gear people up, they slowly thought to only run with myself. Quite often I would come home, log on to, find four dps and a healer in bgs becuase they "didnt want to wait for tank Q". I asked if they all completed rep dailies, got into pug BoTTrash or completed the BH weekly and what not to a chorus of nah we cbf.

Im 352 with epics from Crafters/BoTTrash/Rep and such and wife is the same, What yerks me to tears is that these guys dont want to put the effort in and simply want to be carried.

After a long discussion whith the guild I had most of them up and leave to big guilds becuase "the perks are better". In the end I'm left with noone in my guild and a raid ready toon trying to get into small guilds that are full on tanks.

Well rank 11 here I come I guess
letmebreathe

Postby mavfin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Aubade wrote:Man, you guys make me feel like a dick.

Guildie needs a heroic? Well, he'd better ask in the 1 minute window from the time I decide I might want to heroic to the time I start the Q.
Outside of that 1 minute window? I'm busy.

Actually this annoys me too. I'll ask in guild for a few dps, get very little response (if any), wait two minutes. Finally queue and then five minutes later everyone's asking me why I didn't invite them for a run. Guys, fucking PAY attention to guild chat. I'm not going to whisper you all individually and WAIT for a response.

Nika, you gotta stop saying stuff I agree with. :D
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Actually this annoys me too. I'll ask in guild for a few dps, get very little response (if any), wait two minutes. Finally queue and then five minutes later everyone's asking me why I didn't invite them for a run. Guys, fucking PAY attention to guild chat. I'm not going to whisper you all individually and WAIT for a response.

This. Again. When I'm DPS, there's no tank. When I want to tank, there's no dps. And after I go out I hear "I wasn't going to go until you lined up a healer, so why did you go and Pug it?"
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 pm

I've never had someone wait for me to line up a healer. The most common occurrence is people who go afk for a little bit, come back, check the guild log and notice that people are in a heroic without them. Then they don't bother scrolling up in gchat nor in their whispers and noticing that someone DID ask they just weren't around. Instead they address their situation in a rather accusing manner, as if we would dare do a heroic without them, or dare raid Baradin Hold without them. "Why didn't you ask me?!?!?!" Well, I did, you butthead, you just happened to be afk. NOT. MY. PROBLEM.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I've never had someone wait for me to line up a healer. The most common occurrence is people who go afk for a little bit, come back, check the guild log and notice that people are in a heroic without them. Then they don't bother scrolling up in gchat nor in their whispers and noticing that someone DID ask they just weren't around. Instead they address their situation in a rather accusing manner, as if we would dare do a heroic without them, or dare raid Baradin Hold without them. "Why didn't you ask me?!?!?!" Well, I did, you butthead, you just happened to be afk. NOT. MY. PROBLEM.

Moar telepathy.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I've never had someone wait for me to line up a healer. The most common occurrence is people who go afk for a little bit, come back, check the guild log and notice that people are in a heroic without them. Then they don't bother scrolling up in gchat nor in their whispers and noticing that someone DID ask they just weren't around. Instead they address their situation in a rather accusing manner, as if we would dare do a heroic without them, or dare raid Baradin Hold without them. "Why didn't you ask me?!?!?!" Well, I did, you butthead, you just happened to be afk. NOT. MY. PROBLEM.

Had one friend in my old guild who actually had gchat turned off, so he would miss when I asked if anyone needed a random a lot and then whisper me. Granted he didn't make a fuss about it, I just called him an idiot and told him to turn it back on =P

I get a lot of "I'll go" literally 5 seconds after I queue as well from AFK people. Oh well.

Though I think the funniest thing was, there was this one guy in the guild (person A) who could be annoying and we were pretty sure was a compulsive liar so a lot of us didn't pay attention to him. Apparently one person had him blocked/ignored (person B). Person A had started and group, and someone else in that group asked if there was any dps for a heroic. Person B responded sure. Person A went to invite him, but it wouldn't let him since he was being ignored by Person B. Awkward hilarity ensues.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Amirya wrote:

Moar telepathy.

telepathy? we dont need no stinkin telepathy!

we have VENT!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm

letmebreathe wrote:In the end I'm left with noone in my guild and a raid ready toon trying to get into small guilds that are full on tanks.

Go find a raiding guild, or start one, or start doing PUG-style raids like Gevlon does. Keep your existing guild bank by inviting one of your wife's alts into it. :)
Kelaan

Previous

Return to General