Remove Advertisements

Ghostcrawler speaks about future patches

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ghostcrawler speaks about future patches

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:57 am

Sabindeus wrote:You mean the problem where we don't do enough damage with 0 vengeance to have aggro over DPS? I'm not having the same experience. I do more than enough damage with 0 vengeance to have aggro as long as the DPS are actually attacking my target. I mean, maybe my DPS suck? I don't think so.

I have a few people that give me a run for my money, threat-wise, in heroics. However, that's because I am spending my holy power on Word of Glory instead of ShoR so much of the time, and using Seal of Insight instead of Vengeance. When WoG is less critical, there's no worries whatsoever. (Our warlock, rogue, and mages can really push the limits though. ;))
Kelaan

Postby Chunes » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 pm

After some of the "your dps are doing what kind of numbers?! O_o" responses I went back and took a much closer look at the offending class's threat output. The DK's 17-20k threat output is indeed bursty and proc dependent. So while it's a nuisance, it's manageable.

The hunter, however, is pulling 17-18k sustained, single target, in heroics. Fortunately feign death is there for a reason. Still, I am concerned with this considering that this is the first tier of gear and DPS, presumable will continue to climb.

Without lolvengeance, the only recourse for me will be stacking absurd levels of expertise to approach the hard cap, or STR. Neither of which seem all that appetizing if there is any survivability concern in future 5man content.
Chunes

Postby DJSticky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:49 pm

theckhd wrote:If the tank has a steady self-HPS income, a healer familiar with the tank may be less likely to make the prioritization misjudgement (point 2), and the tank may survive a case of technical difficulty (point 3) that he would otherwise not. It can also help compensate for undergeared healers (point 4).

My biggest point.
DJSticky

Postby tlitp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 am

I can think of no better place to post this teaser. Self-healing makes you cool, yeah. :lol:
tlitp

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:41 am

tlitp wrote:I can think of no better place to post this teaser. Self-healing makes you cool, yeah. :lol:

Well it apparently isn't necessary/doesn't work on super hard bosses for super elite guilds, because their paladin tank is way at the bottom. :x
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Paxen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
tlitp wrote:I can think of no better place to post this teaser. Self-healing makes you cool, yeah. :lol:

Well it apparently isn't necessary/doesn't work on super hard bosses for super elite guilds, because their paladin tank is way at the bottom. :x

I can well believe that a 30k dps death knight makes you use more ShoRs.
Paxen

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Paxen wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

me too!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm actually really glad for this. If the paladin tank was doing obviously broken amounts of self healing on this fight it would probably be nerfs ahoy.

As is, it's nice to have the option to explore ... alternative playstyles. Not everyone is in a guild with members as skilled or focused as, say, Paragon, where you can focus on just the task at hand because you know the other guys are going to do their frickin' jobs without any help from you.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Paxen wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

The fight has adds, which is almost certainly where that 30k dps came from.
Belloc

Postby Diocaska » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 am

One site a Priest in our guild found is State of DPS.

Seems like a good place to make an educated guess at which classes any buffs/nerfs will be targeted at.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 pm

O Dear.
Poor Poor BM, MM and Subtlety.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby majiben » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:O Dear.
You'll notice that for those specs, the sample size is much smaller, especially Sub rogues. We also have to consider that those specs have other dps options especially the hunter, which has a top dps choice in survival.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 am

majiben wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:O Dear.
You'll notice that for those specs, the sample size is much smaller, especially Sub rogues. We also have to consider that those specs have other dps options especially the hunter, which has a top dps choice in survival.

Sub rogues (to my knowledge) have never been seriously used for raiding (unless you count the HAT spec, or similarly "broken" specs.) So it doesn't surprise me that there isn't much data for them. Sub is more of a PvP spec than anything.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 am

If you just look to the classes.. guess which one is the worst...

(even when you think on a moonkin as a different class from feral the result is the same)

TL:DR
QQQQQQQ

:P
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby daemonym » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Chunes wrote:After some of the "your dps are doing what kind of numbers?! O_o" responses I went back and took a much closer look at the offending class's threat output. The DK's 17-20k threat output is indeed bursty and proc dependent. So while it's a nuisance, it's manageable.

The hunter, however, is pulling 17-18k sustained, single target, in heroics. Fortunately feign death is there for a reason. Still, I am concerned with this considering that this is the first tier of gear and DPS, presumable will continue to climb.

Without lolvengeance, the only recourse for me will be stacking absurd levels of expertise to approach the hard cap, or STR. Neither of which seem all that appetizing if there is any survivability concern in future 5man content.

You have to keep in mind though that when a DK crits, they will crit HARD and do not have any form of a "woops i has threat" button. In heroics and 10s my DK regularly spend the first 20 seconds auto attacking because if I crit with an oblit I pull threat. And unless there's a decent amount of time where I'm not on the boss and the tank is I have to spend another good 20 seconds doing nothing because of threat.

Perhaps it's time to yell at hunters and rogues to start feeding tanks threat again. And I agree that things will only get worse threat wise because that's just how it goes, DPS scales faster than threat and I'm already able to do 15k single target with scarce 5m buffs and don't have any raid gear yet, just heroic blues.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

PreviousNext

Return to General