Remove Advertisements

[Rant] I'm done with ZA...

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

[Rant] I'm done with ZA...

Postby utena » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 pm

1. Of the 3 healers, 2 are in PvP gear/specs.
2. The only real healer has inconsistent attendance.
3. Sans the OT, who is PvP Arms at ~600 DPS, the regular pew pew squad is only around 450-550 DPS (!) -- when we need a filler, I bring in a mage friend who has only done KZ for a month, but has over 700 sustained DPS...
4. Last week, we couldn't even get to the bear boss, which is EZ mode for us, because we kept wiping on the 4 pull right before the boss. CC couldn't manage to CC the adds, and the heals were non-existent. What was different? We had zero pickup spots -- usually we pickup 3-4 DPS.
5. It's not a gear thing when the only heal you get for over 5 secs is 500 point Lifeblooms -- the other two healers = priests...

I'm sitting at 19K HP and uncrushable in ZA. I can't pull up the slack any more without ripping off their legs.

They've been together for about 7-8 months. I just joined to MT about two months ago.

/sigh
utena

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:51 pm

UTENA SMASH!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Tee hee, UTENA looks funny in all caps~
Invisusira

Postby easttuth » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm

Respec Ret and PvP for epics IMO
easttuth

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:05 pm

this sounds like we need an Anti-Successes thread, where we post about how much everything sucks
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Caelia » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:10 pm

Sabindeus wrote:this sounds like we need an Anti-Successes thread, where we post about how much everything sucks

i second this statement or maybe just a rant sticky.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Sabindeus wrote:this sounds like we need an Anti-Successes thread, where we post about how much everything sucks

Can Success exist without Failure?
Can there be Awesome without Suck?
And if that answer is no, then could it be possible that because the Success thread exists, its polar opposite must also exist?

To my surprise, this thread itself has that very potential.
Invisusira

Postby jere » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Invisusira wrote:

Can Success exist without Failure?
Can there be Awesome without Suck?
And if that answer is no, then could it be possible that because the Success thread exists, its polar opposite must also exist?

To my surprise, this thread itself has that very potential.

Even potential itself requires the presence of positive and negative charges.
jere

Postby utena » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm [-] charge atm.

Back off, [+] pew pew.
utena

Postby utena » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:25 pm

And respeccing ret and abandoning the raid is a possibility, if there isn't a dramatic reshift over the holiday break:

1. The PvP druid who's resto needs to switch back to feral -- he used to be the MT.
2. The PvP disc priest needs to switch to SP.
3. Replace them with a treebot and a holy pally.
4. DPS in general needs to unsuckify. It's generally not gear -- everyone's blinged in KZ+. It's a spec/l2p issue.
utena

Postby Asterix » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 pm

It could be they're just used to the yawnfests that a Kara clear has become once you're geared up enough. ZA definitely takes a lot more concentration and dedication to pull off. That 4 pull is definitely a hard one even with 2 full prot tanks.
Asterix

Postby Stylaan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:16 am

Chin up.

Just do what I did, start running ZA with people out of guild. I started running with some PvP buddies and we cleared it no problems in 1:45, most of them wearing PvP gear or using PvP specs too.

Honestly, competancy is a big deal for ZA and I find PvPers to have faster reflexes at the lower progression levels, it takes a long time for raiders to develop that reaction time through pure raiding because low-tier PvE (kara/heroics/t4 25mans) don't really demand it, ZA does.

Though, lately, since I've gotten my fill of ZA and our little clique has decided to do other things with the advent of S3 I've started tanking for my guild runs. There's a huge difference in reaction time in some situations (Malacrass particularly), but still, it shouldn't prevent you from doing the first 4 bosses.

Low DPS is a pretty big issue though. The only thing I can recommend would be to assign specific healing assignments and to pick up dps who can actually contribute.
Stylaan

Postby Sielanas » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 pm

I've yet to not die on the first 2-bear pull. Someone always decides to change things up and I end up not getting healed. Somehow on every fight of moderate length our healers run out of mana halfway through. Is there an overheal meter I can run? It's not like I'm getting nailed and they're having to spam to keep me topped off, I start losing mana because I'm not getting damaged enough to even receive the heals. And yes, most of our core has gone on to other raid groups and the dps we do have needs to step it up some.

them: 'I don't want to pull aggro!'
me: 'I'm 100k ahead of you on the meter'
them: 'then don't give me salv'
me: ajsdhahfsajkfhald (banging my head on the keyboard)
Sielanas

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Invisusira

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:26 pm

I actually thought about that but I'm pretty sure that thread would actually commit internet suicide by about the 3rd page.

Personally, I'd rather have conversation on the forums be more helpful and uplifting than promote ranting. That's what sets this place apart from the official forums, imo, and encouraging rants - even if it's just to "let it all out" - seems a bit like inviting a 40-ton hydrogen bomb over for tea and scones.
Lore
Global Mod

Next

Return to Zul'aman