Heroic Conclave of the four winds 25 man

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic Conclave of the four winds 25 man

Postby exiledknight » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

So, we are wiping very early in the fight due to the storm shield on the east platform, is there a way around this other than heals and Dps picking it up?
exiledknight

Re: Heroic Conclave of the four winds 25 man

Postby Arianne » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 pm

DPS need to burn cooldowns on it.
Arianne

Postby Kaory » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

Finally post for this encounter.

I'm trying to kill Conclave for 2 days and here is tactic we are using:

Anshal: frost dk (kiting adds duty, never melee, never killing adds), wartank for Anshal, restoshammy, rogue, frost mage.

Nezir: holypala, restodruid, protpally, 3 hunters

Rohash: rest of the raid (moonkin, 2holypriests, 1holypala, restoshammy, restodruid, unholy, 2 locks, fury, enhance, wartank, 2ret, shadow)

Actually this picture is related only to 1st Wind blast cast.
On Rohash just before he castes Shield we all are standing in one line from boss to right lantern (jumper to Nezir behind us). This afford us to take no damage from his "talk to the hand" spell. Just after Wind blast War tank with 2 healers jumps to Nezir to change me. After this protpally (me) and restodruid jumping to Rohash, holypally jumps to Anshal. Rest of raid jumps from Rohash to Nesir.

On Rohash there always one druid healer and tank. Moonkin and shadow on Hurricane phase. 2 hunters changing them to drop stacks.

On Anshal's Zephyr phase there only frost dk, wartank, restodruid and holypala.

Rest of the raid receives damage from Nezir AOE.
Repeat.

Now pain points and troubles to solve:
1) Tank surviving on Anshal (how many healers should be there for dealing with Zephyr phase?)
2) Tanks dying on Nezir (maybe we should use 3 tanks on Nezir for lower stacks?)

Need correct tactic and general advices, please. Sry for bad english.
Last edited by Kaory on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaory

Postby baff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:01 am

Kaory wrote:Anshal: frost dk (kiting adds duty, never melee, never killing adds), wartank for Anshal, restoshammy, rogue, frost mage.

Nezir: holypala, restodruid, protpally, 3 hunters

Rohash: rest of the raid (moonkin, 2holypriests, 1holypala, restoshammy, restodruid, unholy, 2 locks, fury, enhance, wartank, 2ret, shadow)
On Rohash there always one druid healer and tank. Moonkin and shadow on Hurricane phase. 2 hunters changing them to drop stacks.

On Anshal's Zephyr phase there only frost dk, wartank, restodruid and holypala.

A few tips:
- I think you have too many players on the rohash platform. It is the most dangerous one. Also your dps split between anshal and rohash seems uneven.
- All of your dps should be on nezir's platform to split the AoE damage during the ultimate. You also want a large number of healers to be there at that point (I think we used 4).
- I'm not sure why you start with three hunters by nezir at the beginning. In any case I would suggest sending at least one if not two of them to anshal's platform to help with odd add spawns.
- We use one healer only on Rohash's platform (a priest) during the hurricane. This healer needs to be timed well so that stacks don't get high on anyone.
- I'm assuming the mage and rogue are at anshal's platform to help with add control. This might work for you for what ever reason however we found it possible to have the dk add tank only use a hunter (md is somewhat better than tricks) and have a holy priest with body and soul help out.

Now pain points and troubles to solve:
1) Tank surviving on Anshal (how many healers should be there for dealing with Zephyr phase?)
2) Tanks dying on Nezir (maybe we should use 3 tanks on Nezir for lower stacks?)

1) your healing setup seems fine for this part with one holy paladin and one resto. Holy pally should sac the tank every time.
2) 2 tanks suffice, but the timing needs to be good. each tank shouldn't have more than 4-5 stacks, 6 stacks in some very rnged cases (at which point they are likely to be running off the platform).
baff

Postby Kaory » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:45 am

baff wrote:A few tips:
- I think you have too many players on the rohash platform. It is the most dangerous one. Also your dps split between anshal and rohash seems uneven.
- All of your dps should be on nezir's platform to split the AoE damage during the ultimate. You also want a large number of healers to be there at that point (I think we used 4).
- I'm not sure why you start with three hunters by nezir at the beginning. In any case I would suggest sending at least one if not two of them to anshal's platform to help with odd add spawns.
- We use one healer only on Rohash's platform (a priest) during the hurricane. This healer needs to be timed well so that stacks don't get high on anyone.
- I'm assuming the mage and rogue are at anshal's platform to help with add control. This might work for you for what ever reason however we found it possible to have the dk add tank only use a hunter (md is somewhat better than tricks) and have a holy priest with body and soul help out.

1) Almost every one jumps from Rohash platform right after Wind blast cast ends. How many dps needed to remove Shield on Rohash?
2) We have 19 players on Nezir platform during Ultimate. 5 healers.
3) 3 hunters on Nezir from the start just for dealing more damage to Nezir. Add kiting on Anshal is ok.
4) Only one player on Rohash during Ultimate?

Thank you very much for tips!
Kaory

Postby sakkdaddy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:37 am

The main problem we've been having is being able to tell where the Wind Blast will spawn. You can usually just look at where he's facing, but often there can be tornadoes blocking Rohash and people get insta-blasted off the platform when it spawns. Maybe camera angles can fix this, but it's our main problem. Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the Wind Blast? Right now they are just trying to move in close to the boss to be able to circle him quickly, and look at which direction he faces to avoid it when it spawns.

ATM we are going with 3 tanks, 7 healers, and 15 dps. We have 6 dps on Anshal's platform, and 9 on Rohash's, and the plan is for Rohash's dps to go to Nezir a bit early to balance out the dps a bit.

We have been practicing 2 healers at Anshal, 3 at Nezir, and 2 at Rohash, but I am tempted to just go with 1 healer at Anshal and 3 on each of the other platforms instead. Or maybe 2 on Anshal, 2 on Nezir, and 3 on Rohash. What healing setups do you guys recommend who have killed him?
sakkdaddy

Postby baff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am

Kaory wrote:
baff wrote:A few tips:

1) Almost every one jumps from Rohash platform right after Wind blast cast ends. How many dps needed to remove Shield on Rohash?
2) We have 19 players on Nezir platform during Ultimate. 5 healers.
3) 3 hunters on Nezir from the start just for dealing more damage to Nezir. Add kiting on Anshal is ok.
4) Only one player on Rohash during Ultimate?

Thank you very much for tips!

1) dps there should save their dps cooldowns for the shield. In any case, not so many.
2) It is possible to use 4 healers, but that needs to work for you.
3) there is some need for balance, however the hunters need to make sure to clear their stacks, and you want them back before the ultimate to share the damage. HOw far into the encounter are you managing to get? picking up adds becomes progressively more annoying (at least from what I hear on vent).
4) yes - a healer who can levitate and use a defensive cooldown with minimal amount of stacks (and preferably a soulstone). Again this worked for us. You might find it easier to do it your way and this is one fight with many many different strats.
baff

Postby Kaory » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 am

Our progressing on this fight is terrible. We didn't see second ultimate.
Idk how to manage healers. I need 2 on Nezir for tank healing, 1 at Anshal and at least 1 at any time on Rohash.
Kaory

Postby baff » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 am

Kaory wrote:Our progressing on this fight is terrible. We didn't see second ultimate.
Idk how to manage healers. I need 2 on Nezir for tank healing, 1 at Anshal and at least 1 at any time on Rohash.

This is exactly the difficulty of the encounter - getting the timing and numbers right. Try to break it down to what is necessary at each part of the fight, and what are the extras. Then try to plan for swaps so stacks never get too high on anyone. On the 2 tanks that swap on Nezir it's pretty obvious, but like you mention you want to find a good plan out for your healers.
baff

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 am

baff wrote:This is exactly the difficulty of the encounter - getting the timing and numbers right.

I agree completely. This was a very challenging fight for us (took us about 130 attempts). Even when we did manage to not have people make mistakes, we'd find out that we didn't have a proper DPS balance near enrage. Nazir would be too high health, or Wind would be too high, etc.

There's so much to learn on this fight. Ask a specific question and maybe we can help.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:14 am

How did you handle your tank and healer swaps for Nezir?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby exiledknight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am

Ok, so now that we put at least a half strat in place and had a few pulls that way I can go into a bit more detail. Our initial problem was the shield on rohash, that has since been resolved somewhat. We only saw one ultimate a few times, and we did find that placing a prot pally and 2 holy pallies on nezir and bubbling with a DG as it expired and me popping a CD was not viable. So moving forward this is what I am looking at(I know timing is the hardest part of the fight just like normal)any feedback or oversights would be appreciated.

Splitting the dps evenly between rohash and anshal(putting those with higher burst on rohash as well with survivability cds etc). On Anshal, having our unholy DK DG out an add for melee to burn while range starts nuking the rest. Starting with just 2 healers and a tank on nezir, now have others found it best to use 3 tanks to make transitions easier? Or will this cause enrage timer issues?

I was looking at running with 7 healers, 2 on rohash, 2 on anshal and 2 on nezir, with the 7th being part of a rotation moving between anshal and nezir(thinking a resto druid moving with the tank that goes from anshal to nezir first, then prob a holy paladin on the 2nd) The healer makeup will most likely be 2 priests, 3 paladins, 1 druid and shammy each.

Is there anything that I am over looking? Thiking of leaving 2 heals on anshal and one on rohash with maybe a s.priest for ultimates.
exiledknight

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 am

Sounds like you're progressing.

One thing you haven't mentioned, and you asked for things you're missing, is that you don't have to actually kill the adds if you have a good kiter. And that could help with the DPS check. However, that requires three tanks at that point.

It's what we did if that counts for anything. We pretty much have to as our DPS isn't stellar.

Edit: Here's a video of our kill from my perspective. However it won't help you very much except to see when we do tank swaps and probably how we handle raid cooldowns for Ultimates.

Sorry about the spell not ready audio spam :) I race changed and seems that option got reset and I kept forgetting to put it back.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby exiledknight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 pm

I wouldn't call it progressing exactly, it's been pretty frustrating with the changes that have happened in the guild, but thats neither here nor there. As far as not killing the adds, what type of tank where you using? I was thinking/wondering about a frost DK in full tank gear.
exiledknight

Postby Faro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:12 pm

exiledknight wrote:I wouldn't call it progressing exactly, it's been pretty frustrating with the changes that have happened in the guild, but thats neither here nor there. As far as not killing the adds, what type of tank where you using? I was thinking/wondering about a frost DK in full tank gear.

We've been using a frost death knight in dps gear getting adds misdirected to him. When adds first spawn he's in blood presence, other than that he's in unholy. We keep our frost standby tank on life to pick up any loose adds.

One thing I wanted to ask about is how people are handling the dps split. We tried having melee on life and ranged on wind, but ended up switching that towards the end of the night (misdirects and people claiming wind is easier for melee to handle). Coming out of Zephyr, life was at 65-70% with wind sitting at 65-75. I didn't check the total on ice but I'm guessing it was ~85.

And what exactly are the mechanics of the wind platform special? My healers are swearing they need five people on that platform to disperse damage, but it seems like the ultimate is just lift-->drop with slicing gale debuff stacks. Couldn't we leave a single paladin on that platform and have him just bubble?

As far as healer spreading, I can be solo healed on life up to (maybe through?) zephyr. I say maybe through because the attempt we had a single healer there (early in the night) the DK got clipped so I had Zephyr'd life boss+all his adds on me. I stayed alive until they started blowing up : /.

And why aren't paladins tanking life? On life the damage intake is entirely physical which means block cap is a realistic and useful mechanic. My damage intake seemed trivial. Seems like death knights are better suited for ice, but maybe paladins are better suited for ice than bears/warriors. Is that the case?
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)