Race Change Question

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Race Change Question

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Arees wrote:
Xylaria wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:
Hm... now if I only had a reason to switch my pally back to ally...

Because that rhymes?

Pall EE

Ahhh LIE

they dont really rhyme unless you say ally as in a bowling alley...

Fixed because it was starting to induce a spellrage in me.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Tektos » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I believe the reasoning for the $25 cost isn't that people are willing to pay that. I believe it is more so to prevent people changing race / faction on a whim all the time. This helps with things like racial balancing and faction balancing. If one race is even the slightest bit stronger for a particular reason and the race change costs a very low amount, you would end up finding All of Class X are Race A and all of Class Y are Race B. Removing variety and individuality from the game. Currently people don't really race change unless they are min/maxing their char for a particular spec, or have money to spare and want a change (or goblins/worgens came around and they wanted to be one that badly!).

Then faction-wise, if alliance holds Tol Barad for a few days in a row and the faction change costs barely anything you would find it soon becomes a 95% alliance population on the server.

Hence I believe that is why its so expensive, rather than "people are willing to pay that much".
Tektos

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 am

Tektos wrote:I believe the reasoning for the $25 cost isn't that people are willing to pay that. I believe it is more so to prevent people changing race / faction on a whim all the time. This helps with things like racial balancing and faction balancing. If one race is even the slightest bit stronger for a particular reason and the race change costs a very low amount, you would end up finding All of Class X are Race A and all of Class Y are Race B. Removing variety and individuality from the game. Currently people don't really race change unless they are min/maxing their char for a particular spec, or have money to spare and want a change (or goblins/worgens came around and they wanted to be one that badly!).

Then faction-wise, if alliance holds Tol Barad for a few days in a row and the faction change costs barely anything you would find it soon becomes a 95% alliance population on the server.

Hence I believe that is why its so expensive, rather than "people are willing to pay that much".

I think if this was a big concern, they'd up the 3 day "cooldown" on race/faction/server swapping (at one point it was 1 month {maybe more} between server switches). I don't think they're as worried about everyone being a certain race/class combo or over populating a particular realms faction. I'm pretty sure they're just cashing in on the gold farmers instead of just letting them move money around for almost free. Though depending on how much money the gold/level selling services actually make, $25 may still only be a minor inconvenience.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 am

Skye1013 wrote:I think if this was a big concern, they'd up the 3 day "cooldown" on race/faction/server swapping (at one point it was 1 month {maybe more} between server switches).

I thought it was 6 months to start with. Of course server transfers didn't exist in the beginning.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 am

lythac wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I think if this was a big concern, they'd up the 3 day "cooldown" on race/faction/server swapping (at one point it was 1 month {maybe more} between server switches).

I thought it was 6 months to start with. Of course server transfers didn't exist in the beginning.

I think from my first server transfer it was 90 days, but it may have been more prior to that. It's steadily been decreasing.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Drexanna » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:13 am

I just wish that if you changed server, you could automatically get a faction change included in the price if you wanted - the only reason I changed server in the first place was to play with friends who happened to play the other faction!
Drexanna

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 am

Drexanna wrote:I just wish that if you changed server, you could automatically get a faction change included in the price if you wanted - the only reason I changed server in the first place was to play with friends who happened to play the other faction!

You can still play together... I just hope you like PvP :D
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General