Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am

Nothan wrote:You can't reflect anything as a hunter. Head over to BRD and pick up a few stacks of Sulfuron Slammers.

Pro tip here. Grabed a bunch for a guildie hunter, he drops 346 bracers so we run it a lot, and they work perfectly. Just need the Starfire Espresso afterwards to sober up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Astronomic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:06 pm

3 manned this guy after our other 2 dps failed at shatter. So long as your tank knows how to run away and ur healer knows how to dot themselves you could prolly 2 man this.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Earantur » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 am

I've had a lot of difficulty healing this as a Holy Paladin, does anyone have any advice? I've tried using SoT to keep a dot up on him, but my mana barely stretched far enough doing so.
Earantur

Postby yappo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 am

Finally got to understand this one. Took me a while to see that shatter comes with a visual, a greyness over the otherwise grey floor...

And yes, barring loss of concentration, this one is soloable.
yappo

Postby majiben » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 am

I once went to toe to toe with him for close to 12 minutes alone before screwing up and wiping. That said, there's a lot you can do to survive even if you are still learning. CDs work, if you feel that you're going to be too slow on a shatter, use them! It's enough to give you can chance. Additionally, using a 3 HP WoG while running from his shatter is a good chunk of shielding that has saved me before. And last but not least, bubble.

And the advice about running through him for ground slam is invaluable. The graphic does not match up to the AoE at all.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Earantur wrote:I've had a lot of difficulty healing this as a Holy Paladin, does anyone have any advice? I've tried using SoT to keep a dot up on him, but my mana barely stretched far enough doing so.

I just went meele on him to stack up the dot, meele can run out from shatter, so even holypaladins should be able to. And you can bubble if you would to fail while standing close to the boss.
This usually results in less healing, but on this fight people get oneshotted if they die, and you have quite some time to heal people up when your waiting for the next shatter.
Treck

Postby rodos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Treck wrote:
Earantur wrote:I've had a lot of difficulty healing this as a Holy Paladin, does anyone have any advice? I've tried using SoT to keep a dot up on him, but my mana barely stretched far enough doing so.

I just went meele on him to stack up the dot, meele can run out from shatter, so even holypaladins should be able to. And you can bubble if you would to fail while standing close to the boss.
This usually results in less healing, but on this fight people get oneshotted if they die, and you have quite some time to heal people up when your waiting for the next shatter.

Judgement counts as a melee attack, but the timing is tight since the bleed from the thorns doesn't last long. You could also glyph Exeorcism for this fight (adds a 6-second DoT for 20% for the Exo).

Getting in melee range should work, but you'd have to make sure you're getting enough swings in to keep the bleed up. You're also exposing yourself to the possibility of not getting out of the shatter fast enough for whatever reason (lag, mental lapse, bad luck).
rodos

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

rodos wrote:Getting in melee range should work, but you'd have to make sure you're getting enough swings in to keep the bleed up. You're also exposing yourself to the possibility of not getting out of the shatter fast enough for whatever reason (lag, mental lapse, bad luck).

IF meele can and are suppose to be able to make it out, you as a healer shouldnt have any bigger problems making it out aswell.
A very very well timed cleanse can get yourself out of the paralize aswell, but its more luck than skillbased, but thanks to client -> server lag its possible.
Treck

Postby djlar » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 am

Just healed it with my Shaman, 2 shotted it, we had a DK tank, Kittie, 2 hunters and me...

So basically tank kept diseases up, that broke his paralyze while I flame shocked myself, and freed the 2 hunters asap, I honestly don't know how the kittie was freeing himself, quick insect swarm? mmm

Melee should know, after paralyze run the heck away.. as well as the tank..
djlar

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am

djlar wrote:Just healed it with my Shaman, 2 shotted it, we had a DK tank, Kittie, 2 hunters and me...

So basically tank kept diseases up, that broke his paralyze while I flame shocked myself, and freed the 2 hunters asap, I honestly don't know how the kittie was freeing himself, quick insect swarm? mmm

Melee should know, after paralyze run the heck away.. as well as the tank..

One of his shields places a bleed on melee.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby snoweagle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:13 am

hand of freedom will get you out of paralyse.

use it and strafe as soon as paralyse is cast and you will always have enough time to get to safety...
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:21 pm

snoweagle wrote:hand of freedom will get you out of paralyse.

use it and strafe as soon as paralyse is cast and you will always have enough time to get to safety...

If HoF removes paralyse, then whats the point of running in and out? :P
Great tip tho.
Treck

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Treck wrote:
snoweagle wrote:hand of freedom will get you out of paralyse.

If HoF removes paralyse, then whats the point of running in and out? :P
Great tip tho.

So that you don't get drilled by Shatter or the Ground thing?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Oh, i was so into the discussion how to handle it from a holypally PoV, that it didnt occur to me he might have meant it for tanking.
Altho if you dont get the debuff removing paralyze you should prolly think about beeing less afk and maybe hit the boss ^^
Treck

Postby econ21 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Anyone tanked this without pursuit of justice or the equivalent? I tried it on normal today with my prot warrior alt and ended up eating every shatter. I just was not fast enough. I don't know if it was the lack of a speed buff like pursuit of justice. Or maybe in normal, he does not cast paralyse so I did not have that warning of when to start running and was tardy.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons