Limited time offer - see above for limitations. Internet connection
required. Offer is valid only for account listed in email and is
non-transferrable.

If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from Blizzard,
CLICK HERE.

? 2004-2008 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Wrath of
the Lich King is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard
Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard
Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries.

Blizzard Entertainment
P.O. Box 18979
Irvine, CA 92623

Direct Sales
(800) 953-SNOW

International Direct Sales
(949) 955-0283

Technical Support
(949) 955-1382

Billing & Account Services
(800) 59-BLIZZARD

Links:
------
Shoju

Re: Maybe this one is REAL!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 pm

The grammar is the part that really gets me on these. If they actually phrased it better and used proper grammar, punctuation and spelling, they'd nail a LOT more people.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Shoju wrote: We will give you 50000 gold coins free of charge and rare mounts (Dark Phoenix)

Sad to say, but if they said, "Sorry we f'ed up, we'll give you 1 day of additional game time as compensation, I'd believe that a LOT more than a bucketful of gold and an achievement mount.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Amirya wrote:
Shoju wrote: We will give you 50000 gold coins free of charge and rare mounts (Dark Phoenix)

Sad to say, but if they said, "Sorry we f'ed up, we'll give you 1 day of additional game time as compensation, I'd believe that a LOT more than a bucketful of gold and an achievement mount.

if i saw we f*ed up, heres a free month, pls come back...
MAYBE id believe it

but gold and a mount? esp the reward from Cata Raiding Guild

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Invisusira » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 pm

I just love how they always say "gold coins" and not just "gold." Teehee!
Invisusira

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Invisusira wrote:I just love how they always say "gold coins" and not just "gold." Teehee!

I've noticed that a few games and sites use coins rather than pieces - which sort of draws a definitive line between native English speakers and translations (Ceasary, I am lookin' at you!)
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 pm

I got one yesterday.

It said my account had been suspended for 24hrs due to gold trading, and i was to login to fix it.
Odd that, as my account is authenticator protected and has been inactive/expired for a month now.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I receive at least eight of these mails per week. They are all filtered directly to spam, so much so that one occasionally slips through and freaks me out for half a second.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 am

masterpoobaa wrote:I got one yesterday.

It said my account had been suspended for 24hrs due to gold trading, and i was to login to fix it.
Odd that, as my account is authenticator protected and has been inactive/expired for a month now.

So... if you're account is inactive, why waste the money buying gold? :wink:

I've had similar emails from when I played Aion, shortly after I disabled my account.

PsiVen wrote:I receive at least eight of these mails per week. They are all filtered directly to spam, so much so that one occasionally slips through and freaks me out for half a second.

If you want to be able to filter "legit" emails from spam... change the email address for your account. I now know anything I get from my old email address is spam, and everything to the new email address gets a quick lookover just to make sure (note: I haven't received any spam on the new email to date.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Xylaria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 am

I receive a lot of spam regarding WoW as well... so much that when I transferred a character 2 weeks ago, it was also regarded as spam...
and I had completely forgotten about the spam folder, so I was just waiting and waiting, didn't see anything on the transfer update page and was wondering if i should mail to the service desk to see if something went wrong...
when I switched characters ingame, my character was already there, it only took like 10 minutes for the transfer to take place...
then 2 days later I found the email in my spam folder :)
Xylaria

Postby Aergis » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I get like 4 of these a day. All different types, but most commonly the "you just changed your password, please confirm". I seriously want to email filter the word "Blizzard", but then what if I get into some beta?!
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm

I've always been somewhat amazed about the sheer number of emails people get with this sort of thing. I've only ever gotten 1 since I started playing at the start of TBC and it was a couple months ago. It was an exquisitely well done phishing mail about confirming a change of email with everything identical to the blizzard one except the site link and email address and the ones used were reasonable facsimile.

Needless to say I stopped using my general purpose email that day for a fresh one.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 am

PsiVen wrote:I receive at least eight of these mails per DAY.

Fixed, that's the punishment for using the same mail for everything *sigh*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 am

Worldie wrote:

I concur. A week or two ago, for nearly a month it was roughly 5-8/day. Finally got tired of getting them on my phone ^so went and reported them as phishing scams, and they then stopped for a week or so. They have slowly started back up again, starting at 1/day, and now I'm back to 2-3/day.

The best ones were the cata beta Inv ones when cata had already been out for 2-3 weeks, and the beta closed for 3-5 (can't remember when they closed). Also funny in that I had already gotten into the beta months before lol.
Xfighter

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 am

Xfighter wrote:
Worldie wrote:

I concur. A week or two ago, for nearly a month it was roughly 5-8/day. Finally got tired of getting them on my phone ^so went and reported them as phishing scams, and they then stopped for a week or so. They have slowly started back up again, starting at 1/day, and now I'm back to 2-3/day.

The best ones were the cata beta Inv ones when cata had already been out for 2-3 weeks, and the beta closed for 3-5 (can't remember when they closed). Also funny in that I had already gotten into the beta months before lol.

I had a ton of beta invite ones during the beta, and apparently at least one was legit, because I downloaded the beta via bnet and was able to log in. I figured going about it that way, the only thing lost is a little time to dl the beta.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General