World of Logs and Guardian of Ancient Kings

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

World of Logs and Guardian of Ancient Kings

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 am

A quick request: can someone link me to a parse in which there are only Protection Paladins (no Rets or Holys) and which contain at least one usage of Guardian of Ancient Kings?

It doesn't appear to show up as an aura gain or loss on WoL, although it shows up in the Log Browser or Expression Editor, so tracking its uptime as a buff gained isn't currently working. I've got a feature request for it in the relevant thread on the WoL forum, but all my parses with GAnK uses also contain a Holy Paladin using his, which is confusing the issue a little.
Epimer

Re: World of Logs and Guardian of Ancient Kings

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 am

Or an even quicker question: does having Guardian of Ancient Kings active give you a visible buff in your buffs list? I'm at work just now and can't check.
Epimer

Postby Téuntjûh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 am

it does, not sure what it's called as im @ work atm
Téuntjûh

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rez2 ... details/3/

I'm the only paladin. I just went through my buffs / debuffs gained list, and I don't see it. I ran the Query search and I cast it 19 times.
Shoju

Postby sherck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 am

Shoju wrote:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rez22cih6dtsd4ar/details/3/

I'm the only paladin. I just went through my buffs / debuffs gained list, and I don't see it. I ran the Query search and I cast it 19 times.

Concur; I have looked through about 20 logs of guilds and have not seen an entry for it anywhere.

I don't think it is being recorded.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Goodheart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 am

Couldn't find it in the log, but I think it's this spell/buff: Ancient Guardian
Goodheart

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Goodheart wrote:Couldn't find it in the log, but I think it's this spell/buff: Ancient Guardian

Cross-posting from the WoL forum:

Actually they never put those buffs in the game (at least they aren't logged). That person is probably referring to this post on wowhead which lists the 3 buffs that were probably originally intended to be applied but never actually do.

There is nothing that actually links a prot paladin's Guardian to him in any way as it doesn't show up in the combat log at all other then the line showing the prot paladin casting the spell.

And earlier in the discussion:

If it doesn't generate aura applied/removed, it won't show up in the buff list. We do not usually implement special cases for spells such as these since those changes are hardly forward compatible. The best way to go about this is to bug Blizzard to have WoW write aura events for the buff to the log.

Meaning that it isn't really WoL's fault, but I'm not going to be able to monitor Guardian of Ancient Kings uptime as easily as Divine Protection or Ardent Defender. Boo.
Last edited by Epimer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epimer

Postby Arees » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 am

I can confirm that GoAK only fires a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event an no SPELL_AURA_APPLIED. When I fire GoAK this is the only event I got
Code: Select all
SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x0400000001863EE3,"Arees",0x511,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,86150,"Guardian of Ancient Kings",0x2
Arees

Postby sherck » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 am

[Update]

I was looking at our Logs from last night and realized that I now have a "pet" pull-down under the "healing by person" tab that shows my GanK and how much healing it did.

The other Holy Paladin in raid had one too.

The Druid healing did not.

I don't know if it is the same for the other specs, but for Holy there is now a place where WoL shows the GanK.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Epimer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 am

sherck wrote:I don't know if it is the same for the other specs, but for Holy there is now a place where WoL shows the GanK.

It isn't the same. Holy and Ret are working fine; Prot won't work unless Blizzard decide to associate an aura gain in the combat log with Prot GAnK being used.
Epimer

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 pm

You can sort of "monitor" its uptime by looking for Spell Cast in the log and manually adding 12 seconds each time it was cast and then divide that by active time I guess.

GoAK does give you an active buff in-game though. It's one of the things I have my SUF filtered to show in a nice big icon where my procs and important stuff (like RF) are.
Darielle

Postby Epimer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:33 am

Darielle wrote:You can sort of "monitor" its uptime by looking for Spell Cast in the log and manually adding 12 seconds each time it was cast and then divide that by active time I guess.

Yeah, it's not impossible to do by hand, I just really like the WoL way of showing buff uptime as a shaded section on a graph of damage taken.

GoAK does give you an active buff in-game though. It's one of the things I have my SUF filtered to show in a nice big icon where my procs and important stuff (like RF) are.

Yep, but unfortunately even with that buff it apparently doesn't come with an associated aura applied event, which is why it's not being tracked the same way.
Epimer

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Incomming derail, very sorry.

What is SUF, what do you use it for and if it is good, where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

Kurtizzle
kurtizzle

Return to General