Cata grinding spots

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cata grinding spots

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 pm

thegreatheed wrote:
Discus wrote:I have noticed less and less posts here and it has saddened me. If you want Maintankadin to become another WoW official forum with a tiny clique of Elite players who agree on everything then that's a great shame. A moderator personally abusing a poster for offering their opinion, however strongly you disagree with it, is the way to achieve that.

FYI - I'm a martyr - I will continue to play as tank regardless of perks. I was reporting the comments of many of my friends who have given up tanking and I happen to agree with them.
You don't spend any times on the WoW forums do you??? The WoW official forums are in no way ruled by a tiny clique of Elite players. It is ruled by bad casuals who can't be bothered to CC in a heroic instance, and whine and cry when they have to a TINY bit of smart play to finish a heroic instance.

Regardless of whether I agree or not, I hope you can see the irony in your statement here. :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aubade » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Discus wrote:FYI - I'm a martyr - I will continue to play as tank regardless of perks.

How exactly are you a "martyr" what great cause are you sacrificing yourself up for? What terrible position are we in that we need a tanking martyr.

You want tanking perks?

Raid responsibility
Instant queues
A fairly simple learning curve to be adequate
A fairly steep learning curve to be amazing
Lots of friends willing to help you out with anything you need if you give them a little of your tanking time.

We lost SOME of our ability to AoE farm yes, (I still manage to do it in smaller numbers just fine, doing dailies etc.) Some of our ability to trivialize old content (Not much here since the addition of Word of Glory makes us STRONGER at soloing old content.)
So like I said, please tell me what cause you were sacrificing yourself?

Tanks, specifically paladins are in some of the best positions we've been in for a long long time and I for one say good riddance to someone willing to be a "martyr" for an imaginary cause.

Most of us will tank regardless of our current state. A lot of us started long before paladin tanks were "flavor of the month", why? Because we love tanking, and we love doing it as paladins.

I'll gladly tank until the day I quit WoW because I enjoy tanking.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby thegreatheed » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
thegreatheed wrote:
Discus wrote:I have noticed less and less posts here and it has saddened me. If you want Maintankadin to become another WoW official forum with a tiny clique of Elite players who agree on everything then that's a great shame. A moderator personally abusing a poster for offering their opinion, however strongly you disagree with it, is the way to achieve that.

FYI - I'm a martyr - I will continue to play as tank regardless of perks. I was reporting the comments of many of my friends who have given up tanking and I happen to agree with them.
You don't spend any times on the WoW forums do you??? The WoW official forums are in no way ruled by a tiny clique of Elite players. It is ruled by bad casuals who can't be bothered to CC in a heroic instance, and whine and cry when they have to a TINY bit of smart play to finish a heroic instance.

Regardless of whether I agree or not, I hope you can see the irony in your statement here. :P
lol, well, i'm not saying all casuals are bad, i'm saying the casuals complaining about having to use CC and flooding the official forums are bad. and that group of players is not a "tiny clique of elite players". and the fact that he used the wow forums to compare is funny.
thegreatheed

Postby halabar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm

alayire wrote:
halabar wrote:
Njall wrote:

If you are playing a pally, hit bubble. With luck, the mobs will agro the miner - mining has a big aggro radius. :D

Uggh.. I tried that cave last night. Never, never, never again. 2 or so rogues waiting around for you to clear the mobs, and they'd run to the node. Often far enough away that they wouldn't draw aggro anyway, you are just clearing the trash for them.

Just no.
I have absolutely no idea how and why you guys have problems with mobs in that place.
you can actually mount up and FLY in that cavern. at least on my server that place is deserted (and my sever is locked btw & free transfer).. dunno what problems you guys have but i just fly in and mine without any mobs aggro.
*scratches head*
all i remember i did a quest there and indeed had a problem with an 85 warrior that was ganking everything in sight but that was that.
btw phasing nodes can DIAF .. especially those in Uldum.

Are you talking about the same cavern?..

We're talking about the elementium depths one, with the ogres and shale spiders and miners every 30 feet. I don't recall being able to mount in there, and the opening and passages are really to narrow to be mounted.

I think you are talking about the one where the dragon quest is. Yes, that isn't a problem.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Discus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

That's not an ad hominem. If I said "Good Riddance; you are a jerk" that would be an ad hominem attack.

Fair enough, I was having a bad day and assumed your Good Riddance was directed at me, thanks for the clarification.

To other posters - no of course I don't use any of the WoW forums except this one, I'm a grown up. I need to add some form of self mockery font for when I refer to myself as martyr I guess.

I still stand by my whine that tanks deserve a few things to do in between raids that other classes can't manage. Kudos is not enough for shallow casuals like me who've come to the class since paladins were "flavour of the month" (I've been whining here for years incidentally).
Discus

Postby thegreatheed » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Discus wrote:
I still stand by my whine that tanks deserve a few things to do in between raids that other classes can't manage. Kudos is not enough for shallow casuals like me who've come to the class since paladins were "flavour of the month" (I've been whining here for years incidentally).

I feel like you completely ignored 2 responses.
thegreatheed

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Discus wrote:I still stand by my whine that tanks deserve a few things to do in between raids that other classes can't manage.

What about healers? Or DPS? Being a tank doesn't make you special.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Discus wrote:
That's not an ad hominem. If I said "Good Riddance; you are a jerk" that would be an ad hominem attack.

Fair enough, I was having a bad day and assumed your Good Riddance was directed at me, thanks for the clarification.

To other posters - no of course I don't use any of the WoW forums except this one, I'm a grown up. I need to add some form of self mockery font for when I refer to myself as martyr I guess.

You still don't seem to know what the term "martyr" means.

*snicker*
Teranoid

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 pm

I think discussion on Discus's responses or lack there of have taken up enough of this thread's space and should be dropped so this thread can die or get back on topic.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby alayire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 am

halabar wrote:Are you talking about the same cavern?..

We're talking about the elementium depths one, with the ogres and shale spiders and miners every 30 feet. I don't recall being able to mount in there, and the opening and passages are really to narrow to be mounted.

I think you are talking about the one where the dragon quest is. Yes, that isn't a problem.
hmmm .. the cave i was reffering to is in the southeast-ish side .. near where the dragons fly around some scared area. Maybe i'm wrong but i think it's name was Elementium something. I just connected the dots(elementium + southeast). And there are defen some good nodes in there(including pyrite). but yeah .. no ogres and mages in there.
hence the *scratches head* part :D
alayire

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 am

yeah, that's a different cavern. the one with the dragons is i guess considered in the south/sw if you are looking at the map. the elementium cavern is in the west/southwest.

pretty much...i avoid the elementium cavern now unless i happen to wake up at 7am and can't sleep...then most people are in bed at that point and i mine for an hour or so and then go out.

but now i'm pretty much focusing on uldum and deepholm.
twinkfist

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 am

Note: This must be done with a treasure finding potion to make it worthwhile.

In Deepholme, the area where you get the Pebble quest, there's an area where both the small flayer packs and the stone bat packs cross over. I've found this spot to be the best so far. You'll get BoE greens, silver, greys, toughened flesh, minimal cloth from the drops but the real kicker is from the potion.

In about an hour on my frost mage, I had 12 Tiny Treasure Chests resulting in lots of Embersilk Cloth, Volatiles, and other assorted BoE greens. You really need to do this with empty bags because the amount of greys that you pick up.

Turn on Auto Loot. There were numerous times when I didn't have time to loot all the bodies prior to the next pack.
thatguy

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:33 am

thatguy wrote:
Turn on Auto Loot. There were numerous times when I didn't have time to loot all the bodies prior to the next pack.

A good spot. I have been getting good results from the trogg area - where they fall off the platform onto the ground. Constant supply and the npcs help with the damage somewhat.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:43 am

That is a good spot come to think of it. I also like how they are dazed from the fall. You can get off a couple of attacks before they "wake up".
thatguy

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

thatguy wrote:That is a good spot come to think of it. I also like how they are dazed from the fall. You can get off a couple of attacks before they "wake up".

Or they fall straight onto your Consecrate/HotR/HW/Saronite Bomb*/etc. I think I got about 15 Tiny Treasure Chests. I think it would be even better to do this with my 'lock who has Tailor for the extra cloth but he's just a baby.

* I still have over a hundred of the darn things - and someone's unloading them cheap in the AH!
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General