Remove Advertisements

Selfheals...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Selfheals...

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 am

So I tanked my first cata raid the other day...

...and if I read this correctly, I did 40% of my own healing...
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e5cdufbyurvrhr5m/details/0/?s=1618&e=1951

That, can't be right, can it?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Re: Selfheals...

Postby Aubade » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Arjuna wrote:So I tanked my first cata raid the other day...

...and if I read this correctly, I did 40% of my own healing...
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e5cdufbyurvrhr5m/details/0/?s=1618&e=1951

That, can't be right, can it?

It sure can.

I actually show you at 43.44% if my math is correct.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

SoI is quite impressive healing wise, only problem is that most of it is overhealing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

The impressive part is the average 27k hit for Word of Glory. No way that could be intended.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 am

Sabindeus wrote:The impressive part is the average 27k hit for Word of Glory. No way that could be intended.

I'm getting over 30k *hits* with WoG and up to 50-60k crits, fun times. No idea if that's what they intend us to do or not.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 am

My impression is that my WoG hits tend to be around 15k in 5-mans. How can they reach 30k? Do they scale with vengeance or something?
econ21

Postby Rothifer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 am

It sure can.

I actually show you at 43.44% if my math is correct.

<.< >.> repeating of course

They made me do it.

I haven't really played my paladin recently so this self heal WoG stuff has me laughing. The greatest part is that it will get a minor buff next patch. Upset MY swing timer will you! /shakes fist
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am

econ21 wrote:My impression is that my WoG hits tend to be around 15k in 5-mans. How can they reach 30k? Do they scale with vengeance or something?

Right. We know it's not intended to scale with Vengeance, but clearly does.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm

I got the feeling they just changed their mind about that, since WoG was nerfed slightly just after they said it was to receive a scaling nerf. In practice, WoG is a considerable DPS commitment and needs to scale with Vengeance or it's quite weak.

The real issue with overall self-healing is that Blizzard didn't expect people to be using Seal of Insight, despite stating "Gosh, we're surprised people are using this" in beta and changing nothing about it whatsoever. I think it's also masking some annoying quality-of-life issues with mana costs.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 pm

PsiVen wrote: I think it's also masking some annoying quality-of-life issues with mana costs.

Yeah I think that is quite possible
Sabindeus

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
PsiVen wrote: I think it's also masking some annoying quality-of-life issues with mana costs.
I too think this is the case, I worry that when the inevitable SoL change comes that we will a bad place mana wise for quite some time.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 am

Well using SoI means you got unlimited mana as prot, and allows you to spam support abilities (i'm looking at you Holy Radiance) much more often.

Nowadays i use SoT most of the times since tank healing isnt really a problem, but too often i find myself oom cause i spammed support abilities / avenger shield with GC procs and forget to judge :lol:

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 am

All to often I find myself running close to dry on chimaeron due to using holy radiance on each feud etc, the boss simply isn't hitting me as the offtank enough (wasn't much better the other way round either) for sanctuary to regen mana. Feels like vezax hardmode all over again at that boss, except that then it was the basic rotation abilities that drained you out.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

As in, "I go dry if I don't have SoI on", and can't do all the useful stuff like holy radiance at opportune times. :)

I do about 30+% of my healing in most raids; I see it as helping the healers heal other people, and helping to address burst damage.
Kelaan

Postby Shathus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 pm

lol, just looked at the logs from our Conclave kill last night. I was on the North platform, ended up glyphing both WoG and SoI. Used Truth at the start of the fight, then once our dps changed platforms switched to Insight. I did 50% of the healing on myself. If it wasn't for the damn debuff stacks, wonder if I could solo that platform heh.

Unrelated, a pally tank and healer is OP for that fight on the North. Never had to do a swap to clear stacks.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General