Remove Advertisements

Tank Bot - Fun with PuGs

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Tank Bot - Fun with PuGs

Postby amh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 am

PsiVen wrote:
When the mage sheep-pulls because it takes too long to wait until I mark skull and throw my shield, I get annoyed and say things like "next time you pull without being asked, one of us is leaving".

If you have a mage sheeping, they should be sheep-pulling before you throw your shield.

Am I the only one glyphing AS for the daze these days? :) I much prefer post-pull CC, for the majority of packs in current heroics. Well and good if you can time it to land just after the AS, but I think that's giving the general pug too much credit.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 am

fuzzygeek wrote:That's a fascinating idea Kotanga. And it would feed their stupid vehicle jones!

When my wife and I go on long trips, we talk about crazy ideas like building a theme park and new WoW classes. We like the concept of the Engineer class.

The tanking/melee tree would be the Mechanical Engineer, who would build bots and drive them.

The chemical engineer would be the ranged DPS, using flame throwers and throwing acids and exo- and endo-thermic compounds for direct and AoE damage.

The biological engineer would be the healing class, using various mutagens and engineered viruses to repair and cure damaged allies.

So the tank bot stems from that concept. And yeah, it would give people their vehicle fix so they might actually want to do it.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby lythac » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 am

Koatanga wrote:Same could be done for a healbot or even a DPS bot (though there would be no point other than the experience of driving the silly vehicle and probably an achievement for having driven all of them).

Give DPS bot an interupt and/or CC. And able to be either melee or ranged so heavy melee comp LFD groups have a higher success rate.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

I glyph AS for the daze too, but I still usually have CC go out immediately before I throw it. I don't expect any CC whatsoever to occur beyond 3 seconds into the pull, which is a pretty safe assumption in PuGs.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

I glyph for the AS daze, but I do that so that when I shield-pull it gives people time to get their CC in place before things start coming my way.

I think if I was planning for CC-pulls, I would not use the daze. Without the daze, you get more separation from the controlled mobs.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Rimm » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 am

Quite awile back during TBC I was tanking a heroic with a guildy healer, as I was tanking I was fairly engaged in what I was doing, he on the other hand was fairly bored so he decides to have some fun; he begins by typing random things in his own idea of a messed up spanish.
When asked what he's doing he tells the party that I am his 7 year old son, that I've never tanked this before and that I don't speak english.
For the rest of the run he keeps typing instructions in the worst pigen spanish you have ever seen. The entire time I only reply with single word answers "Si" "KK" "?" etc.
Now the fact that was I cracking up laughing and so my tanking went downhill a little may have helped his story when combined with a little obvious keyboard turning and body pulling, but we completed the instance with no problems.
The bit that really tickled me was at the end of the instance was that the party asked him to tell me that I did a good job, epecially for a 7 year old.
My guildie then asked me when our guild raid was starting, when I replyed normally that we had 1/2 an hour the pug hunter was shocked that I could speak english.

BorisJohnson [Healer]: Rimm when is the raid starting?
Rimm: Kara starts 7 server time, we better get moving.
Pug hunter: Wait, I thought you couldn't speak english?!
Rimm: Errm yeah sorry about that, we were having a little fun with you guys : /
Rimm

Postby Thrornir » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:37 am

I...

don't glyph for the daze. It was one of the best changes (for me) when they made daze an optional portion of the shield. I haven't missed it, except for PvP.

I like silenced casters running full speed for me.
Thrornir

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Thrornir wrote:I...

don't glyph for the daze. It was one of the best changes (for me) when they made daze an optional portion of the shield. I haven't missed it, except for PvP.

I like silenced casters running full speed for me.

same
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to General