The boss pull

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The boss pull

Postby Lumenactio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 am

I pop divine plea first. Get in range and hit exorcism for the actual pull. I then pop wings, hit AS, Judge and by then the boss is in melee. I open with a big shield slam and then start a fairly standard CS rotation. I don't like taking more than 1 or 2 hits without Holy Shield active, which is why I open with divine plea. On a few fights that aren't hard hitters, I'll do the Divine plea later for a double slam. Seems to work fine.
Lumenactio

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I'm surprised that more people don't pull with Exorcism. It lets us eke out a bit more on the pull, and do Exo->Shield toss and then [CS,judge,etc] or [DP->ShoR]. It's also a visual warning for those watching you that you're actually About To Pull.

Thanks for the reminder of DP->ShoR to start. I haven't normally done that, as I haven't felt my threat was terribly weak, but it would certianly help versus some of our better DPS. :)
Kelaan

Postby Xkonvikt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Ok, so I finally started raiding 10m content this week. From what I have noticed is I have threat problems. Regardless of how I pull. I usually DP>Judge>Wings>SotR>AS>Cons> I am not pulling enough threat at the start and my overall threat generation is low still at 30sec in to the fight I am having to cast HoS on Melee or BoP casters (e.g. Fire mages) What gives? I switched glyphs over to Focused Sheild to p/u 30% more damage. What else can I do?
Xkonvikt

Postby Hiroko » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 am

Xkonvikt wrote:Ok, so I finally started raiding 10m content this week. From what I have noticed is I have threat problems. Regardless of how I pull. I usually DP>Judge>Wings>SotR>AS>Cons> I am not pulling enough threat at the start and my overall threat generation is low still at 30sec in to the fight I am having to cast HoS on Melee or BoP casters (e.g. Fire mages) What gives? I switched glyphs over to Focused Sheild to p/u 30% more damage. What else can I do?

Could start with DP > Exo as others have suggested and wait a little with wings. Don't use conscration so early, it's threat over time when you could use more instant threat and is a mana hog to use so early. HW is better and you should slot in CS to get your Holy Power increasing for your 2nd SotR.

If it's a boss pull the the dps should be patient and at least wait for you to get into melee range, thus I tend to go:

DP
Exo
AS
Judge
SotR
CS
AS>HW
CS
(wait 0.5s) Judge
CS
(wings) SotR
and into rotation

I always try to be at max range to start a pull giving chance to get in the early abilites and be in melee for the 1st SotR (often while running through the boss to turn him). This way I've had 2 3HP SotRs with the 2nd being under AW and vengeance and both with SD chances and haven't screwed up the 939 rotation too badly.
Hiroko

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

If my DPS will let me wait a few, I can generate 3 HP normally, and then pop Wings, ShoR, DP, ShoR, Continue. They rarely seem to let me wait quite so long, so the 50k threat from DP+ShoR seems to be what I will go with.
Kelaan

Postby Angelarc6570 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Divine Plea > Inquisition = Holy Shield to start

Pull with Exo, AS, Judge, then Consecrate or some variation of that.
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:43 pm

If you are geared correctly and DPS are pulling threat, then its their fault.
They need to either:

A. Suck it up princess. Learn how to wait a nano-second befor flexing their all important ePeen.

B. Suck it up princess. Use the tools you were given to reduce threat (Fade/Blink/Shadowmeld etc)

C. Suck it up princess. Use the threat transferance tools given to you. (MD/ToT)

OR

D. Suck it up princess and ask for a Sanc.

Pull wise mines pretty much like what Halshar says, but with exorcism before AS.
Exo + AS + Judgement before the boss reaches you is decent.
especially if Judgement proccs that ability which gives your next SoR a 100% crit chance.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Poclain » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:00 am

quick question about the HoSalv:

Is there an addon, able to do the following:

Player X sees his threat go up
Player X whispers me: somecoolcodeword
Player X gets HoSalv from me (if in range).
Pocladin@EU Gilneas
English is hard ...
Poclain

Postby Treck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:11 am

I think addons cant send commands from one char to another to use this or that spell, you have to actually press it yourself.

Also, Judgement seems to be proccing Seal x2, JotJ seems to count as a single target attack.
Treck

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:57 am

Treck wrote:I think addons cant send commands from one char to another to use this or that spell, you have to actually press it yourself.

In Vanilla there was a blessing addon for Paladins that would auto-buff people who whispered you (back when the blessings were 2m duration), but they disabled the ability for addons to auto-cast spells in one of the vanilla patches iirc.
baleogthefierce

Previous

Return to General Strats