Remove Advertisements

Patch update from mmo-champion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch update from mmo-champion

Postby Levantine » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am

No, Asaad is pretty much the most retard friendly thing I've found too. He's the only heroic boss that I'm 100% guaranteed to end the fight at >80% mana on.
Levantine

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... to fix this, when you queue for "heroics" it puts you in queue for the regular dungeons you haven't completed as well (same rewards as completing a heroic you only miss out on the JP from bosses)... though that's probably unnecessary since people can still game the system already by just not discovering the entrances. But if they've gotten to the point that they know which ones they don't like... then they've probably run those instances on at least 1 character and the point is moot anyway.

Much simpler than that: If you queue for a random heroic, you can get:
-Heroic version of any instance you've completed on normal, reward is the usual VP allocation for random heroic
-Normal version of any instance you've not completed on normal yet, reward is the usual JP allocation for random dungeon
-Normal version of any instance you haven't discovered, reward is reduced to just a small amount of gold

Now there's an incentive to discover each dungeon, and through RDF you can eventually get all of the attunements you need. They could even throw the player base a bone and flag each dungeon as "discovered" in the last case, if they wanted to.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 am

Zomg... theck quoted me :3

And yeah, I could see that working. Though I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed initially, but I think it would do wonders for people having at least seen the content before trying to plunge head first into the heroic version. Of course... you can't fix stupid, but you can fix ignorance.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aanar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 am

For my resto/elem shaman I noticed I could get all the drops I needed from Deadmines, Vortex Pinaccle, and Halls of Origination. ;-) So that's all I discovered. Too bad you can't not discover DM or SFK. At least I'll never get Stonecore or Grim Batol as a random. They probably should fix this.

For my hunter so far I only discovered HoO and Lost City so that any random normal he does gets him rep.
Aanar

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 am

Thornir wrote:The last one I'm particularly worried about, since the Stars are really, really annoying, as trash.

They were until they were nerfed into oblivion weeks ago. At least maybe this will make the fight interesting.

Asaad is quite possibly the easiest heroic boss right now anyway (disclaimer: my random heroics haven't taken me to all of them yet, so there might be one that's even more of a pushover).

Lord Godfrey imo is the easiest heroic boss in the game unless you are blind,deaf and have the mobility of a tree stump.
Teranoid

Postby Shathus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 am

Thornir wrote:Also, it seems certain fights have been buffed as well:

• Anraphet's Nemesis Strike now does 75% of weapon damage, up from 50%. In addition, the damage-over-time effect applied by this ability does 15,000 damage every 2 seconds, up from 9,000.
  • [Ozruk] now does more melee damage.
  • Commander Ulthok now does more melee damage.
  • Skyfall Stars are now summoned to help [Asaad] defeat players.

The last one I'm particularly worried about, since the Stars are really, really annoying, as trash.

Also looks like SFK will get more 'interesting'. Lord Godfrey will now Pistol Barrage at a random party member now, so people other than the tank will actually have to pay attention now.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 am

Flex wrote:Holy Wrath will ignore critters

Bastards. How am I supposed to farm for critter killer? Tab already won't target them for hammer.
Digren

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 am

Digren wrote:

Bastards. How am I supposed to farm for critter killer? Tab already won't target them for hammer.

This is disappointing. I have been using my excess supply of Sarnoite Bombs for my supply is (was) vast. :D
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Digren wrote:

I'm not sure we should panic quite yet. If my memory serves, the wording was specifically that it wouldn't include critters in the damage calculations. Which may mean it will still hit them as extra targets.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:42 pm

theckhd wrote:I'm not sure we should panic quite yet. If my memory serves, the wording was specifically that it wouldn't include critters in the damage calculations. Which may mean it will still hit them as extra targets.

Farmed up Critter Kill Squad (or whatever it is called) by killing the infinite number of critters in Terrroweb Cave in Eastern Plaguelands (the tunnel that goes from Fordring's old cottage to Terrorvale). It is literally crawling with nasty bugs of several sorts.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 pm

They reduced gilgoblin damage, hearts for everyone! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Njall wrote:
theckhd wrote:I'm not sure we should panic quite yet. If my memory serves, the wording was specifically that it wouldn't include critters in the damage calculations. Which may mean it will still hit them as extra targets.

Farmed up Critter Kill Squad (or whatever it is called) by killing the infinite number of critters in Terrroweb Cave in Eastern Plaguelands (the tunnel that goes from Fordring's old cottage to Terrorvale). It is literally crawling with nasty bugs of several sorts.

I heard there was also a bug whereby if you're grouped with guildies, everyone gets credit for each kill, so the guild's kill count goes up in multiples of the party size. Anyone know if that still happens?

I kill them with DS as ret, but if you're on an achievement hunting spree in a particular location (e..g Terrorweb) you should be able to make a couple of macros for the different critter types in that area.
rodos

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm

rodos wrote:I heard there was also a bug whereby if you're grouped with guildies, everyone gets credit for each kill, so the guild's kill count goes up in multiples of the party size. Anyone know if that still happens?

I kill them with DS as ret, but if you're on an achievement hunting spree in a particular location (e..g Terrorweb) you should be able to make a couple of macros for the different critter types in that area.

I don't consider it a bug because that's how kills in the game are calculated for groups, kill quests don't require Group Members*Kills Required when you're grouped up after all. Went from 11K to 20K critters last night in a group of 3.

Lord Godfrey imo is the easiest heroic boss in the game unless you are blind,deaf and have the mobility of a tree stump.

Red/Green color blindness sucks for that boss.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Digren » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Njall wrote:

Yeah, and we have a very sympathetic priest in guild that knocked out several thousand for me there. But only priests and affl warlocks can do it with ease. Fortunately I'm married to an affl warlock. Unfortunately her key bindings being so radically different from mine make it nearly impossible for me to use her character.
Digren

Postby rodos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Digren wrote:
Njall wrote:

Yeah, and we have a very sympathetic priest in guild that knocked out several thousand for me there. But only priests and affl warlocks can do it with ease. Fortunately I'm married to an affl warlock. Unfortunately her key bindings being so radically different from mine make it nearly impossible for me to use her character.

I'll just leave this here.
Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
rodos

PreviousNext

Return to General