Leatherworking/Skinning in Cataclysm

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Leatherworking/Skinning in Cataclysm

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Yeah, my LW it's at 506 and I don't have an "orange" skill up recipe, the last one on the trainer went yellow at 506, so it's yellow and costs several heavy savages, plus some volatile fires and earths.. got unlucky, at 505 I made 5 of those yellow and only skilled up 1 points..

Maybe the worst thing is you place those pieces in the AH and are worthless, maybe 50g each for an i339 pvp piece, there's nothing else to do..

Any tips of how to skill up 505 to 525 faster? (and cheaper hopefully)

So those new "hides" are only buyable? I never seen anyone skin one, perhaps from the first boss of Grim Batol being a worgen? (if they can reach 530 skill)

Also what raid bosses are skinnable?
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 pm

The next patch (or is it hotfix?) is making LW skilling up from 500->515 better. So wait till then.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah maybe they are fixing those Dragonmaw recipes, some "blues" are 525 skill, which is lame, and I bought one of those 425 epics to later found out that you need 525 skill.

maybe making those i346s are 510 or something skill instead and the i359 remain 525.

I don't get why those blues require almost the same mats as the epics..
djlar

Postby sahiel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Flex wrote:Places that I spent lots of time at skinning on my rogue was in Hyjal at Sethria's Roost the dragons respawn fast and skin to one leather.

This is where I skin on my druid, almost always 2-3 people there and I hardly ever have to fight anything, just mop up their kills and skin endlessly :)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 pm

djlar wrote:Yeah maybe they are fixing those Dragonmaw recipes, some "blues" are 525 skill, which is lame, and I bought one of those 425 epics to later found out that you need 525 skill.

maybe making those i346s are 510 or something skill instead and the i359 remain 525.

I don't get why those blues require almost the same mats as the epics..

Yes, people complained bout that in the Beta but the crafting recipes were rolled out very late in the process with the last one, engineering was opened up only 2 weeks before the beta closed.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm

djlar wrote:I don't get why those blues require almost the same mats as the epics..

Blizzard tend to consider weapons more powerful an upgrade than armor, so they weighed the crafted 346 blue weapons as being worth as much as epic 359 armor.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
djlar wrote:I don't get why those blues require almost the same mats as the epics..

Blizzard tend to consider weapons more powerful an upgrade than armor, so they weighed the crafted 346 blue weapons as being worth as much as epic 359 armor.

Yeah but I was referring to the LW craftables, which is armor, like some i346 cape needs 525 skill, some orbs and I think some hides, it's bad because you can get a cape for "free" if you hit revered with some factions..
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

That'll teach me to pay attention to the thread title, ha. Was just looking at BS weapons before I came to the site.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. But then, have you seen what tailors have to go through to make their items?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 am

Yeah I have a tailor also, but to make things way easier I send ALL my cloth looted from mobs to him, say maybe 80-100 a day? and when I play him I get about double that 'cause of the new 50% proc of getting more cloth drops.

I already learned all dreamcloth CDs and almost ready to craft my first epic.. just need a couple of more orbs which are hard RNG to get.. bad luck on my tailor in that dept. only 2 crafters on the group and I lost the roll.. great.

And my LW has now 12 orbs but only 506 skill like I mentioned..
djlar

Postby Brute » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 pm

djlar wrote:Maybe the worst thing is you place those pieces in the AH and are worthless, maybe 50g each for an i339 pvp piece, there's nothing else to do..

Seriously? Wow... that sucks. On my server the PVP gear is going for a pretty nice profit. Have you looked at all of them?
Brute

Postby djlar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Brute wrote:
djlar wrote:Maybe the worst thing is you place those pieces in the AH and are worthless, maybe 50g each for an i339 pvp piece, there's nothing else to do..

Seriously? Wow... that sucks. On my server the PVP gear is going for a pretty nice profit. Have you looked at all of them?

Yeah, the 12 capes! I had to make to skill up from 506 to 510, sell at 30g.. and those are expensive to make, require several types of volatiles and lots of heavy savage, say 250g to make in mats, that's a 210g loss.

I coulda DE them but shards are not even worth 30g nowadays..

Now finally reached 510 for some new recipe, but now I'm out of mats, will send them with my Alchemy toon that has plenty and need to grind some leathers..

Recipe turns yellow at 515, then green at 520, then tons of skill up tries for those final 5 pts...

So I also receive a ticket response from GM, "deal with it, wait until you are 525, out I'm not giving your heavy savage leathers back (I'm freaking lazy)"
djlar

Previous

Return to General