New Rotation Builder addon

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

New Rotation Builder addon

Postby Soulwhip » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Hi guys, I recently wrote a addon to build rotations for any class like clcInfo does. The difference is you don't have to know Lua to build a rotation in my addon. I think I have captured most the power of clclInfo, but with a more friendly interface and visual indication of what the rotation is actually doing. I'm still developing it but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys. The options page load button will load default rotations for paladins which are the rotations I run with on raids right now.

My end goal is to be the goto addon for building rotations so hammer away. I'm ready to make changes or add features.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/rotation-builder/

Description:
======================================================
Rotation Builder is a addon that allows you to build rotations dynamically without
having to understand the Lua script language. The built rotation then displays the
current action and the next action on your screen to tell you what to push next.

Instructions:
======================================================
Actions can be heavily customized with the three tabs General, Player, Target.
General Tab: General action options usually just the spell name needs to be input
Player Tab : Player type checks on the action. For example player mana, combo points etc..
Target Tab : Target checks. For example target HP, casting etc...

The priority of actions can also be changed dynamically just by clicking the up and down arrows
next to the action name in the top right Action list.

How to build a rotation:
1. Open your blizzard keybinds window and scroll down to find Rotation Builders keybinds
2. For now just bind the Toggle 1 through Toggle 4 to some keys. This will be explained later.
3. Show the rotation builder window with /rob show or using the minimap button
4. Default rotations should be provided for your class under the Rotation Name box in
the upper left. If there are no rotations then I haven't gotten around to making a default
one for you yet ;)
5. You can modify an existing rotation by left clicking on it or creating a new one with the
create button.
6. Once you have the rotation selected click the modify button to go into the edit mode.
7. Once you are in edit mode you can change the rotation name and edit/add/re-arrange Actions.
8. You need to set the keybind that selects this rotation by left clicking the <keybind>
button at the top of the window under the rotation name box.
9. To select a Action just left click the action name in the top right Action list box.
10. All the options for the selected action are in the three tabs below General,Player,Target
If you mouseover each option it will tell you what it does.
11. Once you are done editing your Actions and Rotation click the Save button.
12. You can close the rotation window now and to select that rotation hit the button you bound
in step 8.
13. At this point you should have two icons displayed from your rotation. The top one is the
current action and the bottom one is the next action.

FAQ:
Q: What are toggles?
A: Toggles are a way to change your rotation dynamically with a keybind.

Example: There is a boss fight where if you cleanse yourself you blow up the raid.
What you can do is put cleanse in your rotation but check the toggle box.
Set the Toggle to Toggle 1 so the cleanse icon will only show up if Toggle 1
is turned on. Now when you get to that boss in the raid you can turn off cleanse
by hitting the key you bound to Toggle 1 in the blizzard keybinds.

v1.7
-Fixed rotation bindings not saving
-Fixed combo point prediction logic
-Changed next action prediction logic

v1.6
-Added logic to predict combo point generation for next spells
-Added logic to predict power generation for next spells
-Added logic to predict rune generation for next spells

v1.5
-Initial upload

Todo:
Add default class rotations in options tab