Remove Advertisements

Selfish Guildmates

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Selfish Guildmates

Postby Vort » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

I've been asked several times to abuse the loophole, can't stand it tbh. It's so unfair to the people who wait in Queue for upwards of 30 minutes just to get the daily heroic done. Feels so wrong letting people jump in front of the line and anyone who does it I hope they end up with some horrible wrath style tank who tries to chain pull with less HP than the healer.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 am

Njall wrote:
thatguy wrote:
So get three dps together, put 75g in each and buy a tank for an entire heroic for 225g? The random gold reward nets you nearly all of your gold back and with the gold/grey/green drops you probably come out with Justice Points/Valor Points and a small repair bill as your total cost.

Oh, and you saved 45 minutes in the queue.

Yah, sometimes I still run tours. Glad to hear you're getting business.

I'm not doing heroics on my tanks anymore. I've moved into the heals/dps department but I regularly seek out tanks to put on my friends list.

I tipped a tank 500g after a run the other day. He was absolutely flawless. Marked in less than 5 seconds, discussed strats, was entirely calm when things hit the fan, patient with wipes, and even cheered on some of our lower dps members.

Gold. It's what's for dinner.
thatguy

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:36 am

Personally I just don't tank randoms. If I am not getting guild XP for a heroic then I don't go. This means that often I will in fact wait for my guildies to be ready to go, finish their heroics, etc. I'd rather get them more gear than do a heroic quickly. This is mostly because I am only doing 1 heroic per day for the VP, since I am completely done with JP now.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:38 am

Sabindeus wrote:Personally I just don't tank randoms. If I am not getting guild XP for a heroic then I don't go. This means that often I will in fact wait for my guildies to be ready to go, finish their heroics, etc. I'd rather get them more gear than do a heroic quickly. This is mostly because I am only doing 1 heroic per day for the VP, since I am completely done with JP now.

True. I don't do a lot of heroics of late. Mostly because of time constraints - the kids are sick and my wife's a bit irked at my playing the game too much. And there are so damned many things to do outside the instances. Playing archaeologist. Doing some dailies that are actually fun (who ever knew that could happen?). Finishing up zone questing. And yes, playing the AH game.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Njall wrote:Doing some dailies that are actually fun (who ever knew that could happen?).

Which do you find fun? Most of the ones I've done I still find fairly tedious...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Njall wrote:Doing some dailies that are actually fun (who ever knew that could happen?).

Which do you find fun? Most of the ones I've done I still find fairly tedious...

I get a kick out of the Wildhammer dailies. Mostly because I like Dwarfs. Wow needs more Dwarf fortress references. Bombardier and Plucking Thieves amuses the heck out of me. Just fun stuff. Tol Barad requires some skill do to - and are good fun if you're grouped up with a few buddies. I am reminded of Isle of Quel'thas without quite so much of the assitude. Even get help from the other side on occasion simply because the mobs are so murderous (though there are a few bad actors, mostly rogues and hunters). Therazane, some are fun, others are not. I love trying to dodge the GIANT GRINDING THING OF DOOM...

Okay, the crafting dailies are a bit meh. You have me there.

I'm surprised that there aren't any dailies for Hyjal and Vashir, actually.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 am

Njall wrote:I love trying to dodge the GIANT GRINDING THING OF DOOM...

First time I was down there I didn't realise you could mount. It is very tight when running round on foot.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 am

lythac wrote:

First time I was down there I didn't realise you could mount. It is very tight when running round on foot.

I was going the wrong way the first time. And tried to dodge past it with my ROKIT BEWTS! I was less than successful.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm

I go to pick up some of the crystal bits near his path... and somehow, even though my screen doesn't show me close to him... I get sucked into the vortex. It's quite annoying.

Njall wrote:Bombardier and Plucking Thieves amuses the heck out of me.

Where are those dailies...? I don't recall if I've done them.

And I can't say there are any of the Therazane, Dragonmaw or TB dailies that I've done that I particularly enjoy... I haven't quested Uldum yet, but it's on my "to do" list once I have a working computer again. I don't have an ally high enough to do Wildhammer, but I imagine they aren't too different from Dragonmaw.

It's possible that my dislike of most dailies is the fact they typically suffer from the same diseases of regular quests (spread out, back and forth syndrome, poor drop rates/respawn rates/high player pop, things like that.) Though the cata ones I've done have been clumped a little better (excluding TB and the Broodmother from Therazane.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 am

In Uldum you get to smash pigmy's with a big hammer every day. This makes Bara happy.

The only daily I always ensure I do if possible is the Random Battleground. The rest of them are meh and as the Horde have held Tol Barad for 3 days now because the amazing queue systems allows players with 0 resilience to enter vs the Horde pvp'ers who all have 2k+ it makes it unlikely we will take it anytime soon. As such I have no wish to go near that daily quest hub even with the mounts on offer.

Seriously Blizzard, sort Tol Barad out please.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:10 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Njall wrote:Bombardier and Plucking Thieves amuses the heck out of me.

Where are those dailies...? I don't recall if I've done them.

Uldum. One has you smashing stacks of pygmies by misusing the Hammer of the Dynasty (the flavor text on it is hilarious!). The other opens up very late in the zone and has you blowing up Schnotzis with a devastator.

The Wildhammer quests are different from the Dragonmaw at least in spirit and the writing tone. The Dragonmaw are, basically, jerks. The Wildhammer aren't nearly quite so offensive. Besides, who doesn't like booze and Tiny! Angry! Women!?

But based on your tone, maybe you shouldn't do dailies if you hate them so much. Just grind instances or whatever floats your boat.

Edit: I just picked up a full set of Bloodied Pyrium gear. It has made a difference in Tol B.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 am

Sorry if my tone seemed that way, I was short on sleep and had to get up really early... I've since then had a nap.

I don't so much hate dailies, it can just get monotonous after awhile (which is weird, cause I don't have a big issue with herbing/arching/fishing/rep farming...) I think the AT dailies (and having to REDO them all on my pally after faction swapping, still like 2 factions from the reclaiming the title) is mostly what turned me off on a lot of it.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:Sorry if my tone seemed that way, I was short on sleep and had to get up really early... I've since then had a nap.

I don't so much hate dailies, it can just get monotonous after awhile (which is weird, cause I don't have a big issue with herbing/arching/fishing/rep farming...) I think the AT dailies (and having to REDO them all on my pally after faction swapping, still like 2 factions from the reclaiming the title) is mostly what turned me off on a lot of it.

Mm. I am enjoying the Tol Barad dailies with a few friends. I am pleasantly reminded of Quel'Dalas with a little soupcon of PvP danger thrown in. Certainly they are more engaging than the Argent Ren Faire daily quests were - certainly the quest text is amusing as heck in places*.

And yes, the kill pygmies quest in Uldum always makes me smile. The weapon. How you use the weapon (wrong!) and killing pygmies. All good. The Bombardier daily can be frustrating if there's a lot of people doing it but watching those damned Schnotzzie Elites running off the cliff in flames is worth it*. Okay, I confess, I love the Starcraft Siege Tank's "Distribution of Indiscriminate Justice."

* We get all our new orders at 3am. It's the weirdest thing.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am

Barathorn wrote:In Uldum you get to smash pigmy's with a big hammer every day. This makes Bara happy.

The only daily I always ensure I do if possible is the Random Battleground. The rest of them are meh and as the Horde have held Tol Barad for 3 days now because the amazing queue systems allows players with 0 resilience to enter vs the Horde pvp'ers who all have 2k+ it makes it unlikely we will take it anytime soon. As such I have no wish to go near that daily quest hub even with the mounts on offer.

It isn't the resilience thing it is that the intentionally made it much harder to take than to defend.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Flex wrote:

It isn't the resilience thing it is that the intentionally made it much harder to take than to defend.[/quote]

It is. IF you have a large number of horde with resilience gear facing an army of idiots with NOT A SCRAP OF IT. They spend more time dead than they do fighting. Difficult to win even on the defence in such a situation.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General