Remove Advertisements

Soloable (heroic) 5mans

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Soloable (heroic) 5mans

Postby Sleetza » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi guys,

What bosses do you think are soloable on normal/heroic mode? Havent looked into soloing normals yet, but after running with some suicidal healers I am convinced the following bosses are soloable:

Ozruk (Stonecore Heroic)
Altairus (Vortex Pinnacle Heroic)

Would love to smash against those for a day and get it on screenie, biggest problem is to get a group to only kill everything up to this bosses and then leave :( I might bribe some guildies to it :lol:

Toughts?
Sleetza

Re: Soloable (heroic) 5mans

Postby kurtizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:20 am

Maybe you should check out this thread.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

I can't wait to give it a go :)
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby yappo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Dragon boss in Pinnacle is probably soloable on heroic, if done 100% correct. Me and healer (as in OOM healer) took it from 80 to 7 percent with me healing the healer rather than the other way around. In the end lack of concentration had me walking in whirlwinds which pretty much closed that fight. I have since gained another 15 ilevels worth of gear.

I suspect that a hard-mode geared tank, after rebuke arrives, could solo SFK first boss. Probably involves destroying good tanking gear to kick up hit (dunno about expertize) quite a few notches. He doesn't hit for noticable amounts, and saving 3 HP for Aphyxiate gives you a full WoG and an interrupt after one GCD. I usually run out after "wipes" if the rest of the party won't come back in a timely fashion. The part that could be too harsh is his softenrage, and I have never had to solo that part because if it occurs it means the group did the job correctly.

First boss in HoO is, if not soloable, for rather obvious reasons twomannable. Just have your healer pop down and flip the levers during the song while you merrily tank vipers. We found this out after reading several WTF:s from dead dps during the first song, after which healer and I jumped down. It was only after that that I read about the "collect vipers, pull boss, get achi" -strategy.
yappo

Postby Reckoni » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 am

yappo wrote:The part that could be too harsh is his softenrage, and I have never had to solo that part because if it occurs it means the group did the job correctly.

This part is definitely soloable, I've done it on my very first time in there with pretty crap gear after the healer and rest of the group had died, leaving me the only one standing. just use HoPo on WoG and use cd's when possible, its not very hard
Reckoni

Postby Vort » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Some of my guildies have agreed to help me in this endeavour. As to when I'm not sure, but they've said that they'd help me clear to a boss and then sit out and watch me solo.Some of my guildies have agreed to help me in this endeavour. As to when I'm not sure, but they've said that they'd help me clear to a boss and then sit out and let me solo it. I've cleared Vortex Pinnacle a few times on normal, barely anything to it. Done the same with Stonecore normal and there are probably a lot of other encounters that could be done. Heroic modes would yield fewer boss encounters that would be soloable. Altairus Heroic is certainly soloable, I've done it from 40% down in a pug before because people couldn't avoid tornadoes. General Husam is the same deal, killed my whole group so I switched to Insight and just tanked him down. The only problematic Heroic Bosses would be gimmicky ones, but you can solo Erudax on heroic if you feel like glitching him.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons