Remove Advertisements

Reckoning or Rule of Law?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Reckoning or Rule of Law?

Postby Eluran » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 am

Greetings all, first time poster, love the forums.

I'm currently leading my casual guild's Heroic 5-man runs (so far gotten through SFK, DM, LCoT, VP), and since we are pretty relaxed, I end up doing a lot of self-healing.

I've been running with this 32/9 build leaving only 2 points in Rule of Law:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZhrhcRddRRucbr

My question is would I be better off with a 31/10 like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZhrhcRkdRRucbG

or does it even really matter?

I don't really have any threat issues, and I am often in the habit of soloing bosses down from 20% or so when leading a group that likes to stand in the fire, so I'm thinking that the 31/10 build will be better, but you guys are way smarter than me, so that's why I'm asking ;)
Eluran

Re: Reckoning or Rule of Law?

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Epimer

Postby Vcaudta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 am

I'm interested as well on this matter. Not for heroic 5 mans, but for normal raiding. I'm wondering why Theck has 1/2 in Reckoning and 3/3 Rule of Law when the sticky aforementioned above says that Reckoning is #3 on the threat talents for us. Is it for the crit on WoG only? Otherwise, I can't see why the 0/32/9 build isn't better.
Vcaudta

Postby Vcaudta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

... Or is it overlapping up time on Reckoning due to high block chance why you only get 1/2?
Vcaudta

Postby Epimer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am

Seriously, stickied thread, top of this forum. In which it states that Rule of Law is a minor survivability talent because of the increased crit on Word of Glory, and also that there's little justification for abandoning survivability talents for threat ones since threat is still trivialised by Vengeance.
Epimer

Postby Kraziness » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 am

I think there was a topic on this already, could some one post a stickty or a thread link, please?
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Postby Eanin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 am

I had a look through that thread, and there's nothing that addresses the issue of how Reckoning interacts with Windwalk. Now that we can only use WoG every 20 seconds, it's unclear whether it would catch up.

Reckoning: DPS/Threat bonus and more Windwalk procs.
Rule of Law: 5% more WoG crits every 20 seconds (at best).

With the WoG nerf and a Wildwalked weapon, which one would offer more survivability?
Eanin

Postby tlitp » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am

1. Search.
2. One point of Reckoning provides ~0.5% uptime.
tlitp

Postby Eanin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Well, I searched the thread that two people had already insisted the question had already been discussed thoroughly. If the answer to this question starts pulling together information from multiple threads, there's no reason it shouldn't be pulled together here. Plus, the extra point in reckoning provides 1.4% more uptime.
Eanin

Postby Chasey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

Epimer wrote:Seriously, stickied thread, top of this forum. In which it states that Rule of Law is a minor survivability talent because of the increased crit on Word of Glory, and also that there's little justification for abandoning survivability talents for threat ones since threat is still trivialised by Vengeance.

I know we try to keep threads clean here but seriously, things change and those threads get to be 15+ pages with info spread out, its no harm in asking a specific question. If was an improper question or too redundant the mods can move it. No reason to SPAM the "Thread at the top of the page" link, kind of an EJ reaction.

If the answer to this question starts pulling together information from multiple threads, there's no reason it shouldn't be pulled together here.

Agreed!
Chasey

Postby Epimer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Chasey wrote:I know we try to keep threads clean here but seriously, things change and those threads get to be 15+ pages with info spread out, its no harm in asking a specific question. If was an improper question or too redundant the mods can move it. No reason to SPAM the "Thread at the top of the page" link, kind of an EJ reaction.

If you'll note the dates on the posts, this is an old thread. Those "spamming" posts were a month apart, for what it's worth.

I agree that expecting people to glean all the information from a 15 page thread is unreasonable. However, the answer to the OPs question was in the first post (a well-indexed post, at that) of the stickied thread at the top of a Talents sub-forum. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that level of reading before posting a question.

(Incidentally, I purposely stopped replying in most of these sub-forums - particularly the Gear one - because I get frustrated at answering questions which are really obviously available in the first posts of stickied threads. This thread was probably towards the latter end of my patience :) )
Epimer

Return to Basic Training & Talents