Remove Advertisements

A community suggestion.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

A community suggestion.

Postby xstratax » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 pm

I consider myself very blessed in a way to have the MT community to make sure that all the stupidity that other Tanks spout is false through these boards. However I dont feel the same kind of trust for posters in regards to the other Tank classes. I just dont know who is the Bear, Warrior, or DK version of Theck, Tlip, Wrathy, and the many MANY others here I read.

So my suggestion is this, a Main Tank site (Maintanks.com perhaps, since Maintank.com is a German company) that provides the Maintankadin level of info and trust. A place where (unlike what I've found at EJ, or the "new" Tankspot) the Community is like it is here, and the Theorycrafters are able to be trusted.

Oh and a place that doesnt go commercial (MT has gear, but isnt owned by a online media division)
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Re: A community suggestion.

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:11 pm

While not a bad idea... who's going to run the bear forum? The DK forum? The warrior forum? We're predominantly paladins here with our own theorycrafters, we just happened to stick together on a forum. You're quadrupling the workload for people who may not even be interested in running a tank site for a class they don't even play.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Honestly, your best bet is to look into the Offspec forum. Nearly every tanking/dps/healing class is covered. While it won't provide the detail that you might be looking for at least you'll be put in the right direction to find something that might fill the gap.
thatguy

Postby sculder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

I've thought about how nice this would be for the other classes, and could even personally design/administrate a site of that caliber. The drawback is that we have no knowledge base for those classes, at least not to the extent we have for paladins. What's great about maintankadin is the quality and accuracy of the contributions, which is something that can't materialize out of thin air for those other classes.
sculder

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

There is always tankspot.com :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Tankspot is generally an excellent resource for the other three tanking classes, I don't see a need for Maintankadin to branch out and become redundant with them.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby xstratax » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:38 pm

I have lately been extremely disappointed with the quality I see on Tankspot, which is why I even thought about this.

As far as the who, well I agree its a lot more work, and if I were qualified at all I would do some of it myself. Our theory isnt just Paladins though, there have been many posts by Theck that cover basic tank theory, like EH and the Value of Expertise as a mitigation stat.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:55 pm

I would love to sit around and theorycraft all day, even if it were for other classes. However, there's only so much time in the day, so unless someone's interested in paying me to do theorycrafting full-time, you'll have to settle for what I can manage in my free time. Which, given how little of that there is, will probably be focused primarily on paladins.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 pm

theckhd wrote:I would love to sit around and theorycraft all day, even if it were for other classes. However, there's only so much time in the day, so unless someone's interested in paying me to do theorycrafting full-time, you'll have to settle for what I can manage in my free time. Which, given how little of that there is, will probably be focused primarily on paladins.

I'm told I make wicked Snickerdoodles...?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Amirya wrote:
theckhd wrote:I would love to sit around and theorycraft all day, even if it were for other classes. However, there's only so much time in the day, so unless someone's interested in paying me to do theorycrafting full-time, you'll have to settle for what I can manage in my free time. Which, given how little of that there is, will probably be focused primarily on paladins.

What stats do they grant?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 am

Shathus wrote:
Amirya wrote:

What stats do they grant?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=43776
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 am

Zalaria wrote:
Shathus wrote:What stats do they grant?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=43776

Exactly that!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 am

Njall has 182 recipes and still he can't make me a sammich.

Or pizza.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Return to General