Remove Advertisements

T11 Consolidated Raid Info

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

T11 Consolidated Raid Info

Postby Eroslight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

In order to help out the people who don't like searching for anything (yours truly included), I am going to keep updating this thread with links/helpful tips for every raid boss in T11. I started this for my guild on the guild forums but I figured I can get some good advice if I share some here.

The Title of the encounter is a YouTube link to a helpful video guide.
Let me know if you have a better one.

Please feel free to reply with tips/tricks/links/whatever, and I'll update as soon as possible.

Difficulty scale: To end the debate about which of the first 5 are 'easiest' I am ranking them in stages. It means that all the Ones are roughly the same difficulty and interchangeable. Thats not to say that you might find council really easy and not down Maloriak in the same week (guilty).

1. Omnotron Defense System
1. Halfus Wyrmbreaker
1. Valiona and Theralion
1. Conclave of Wind
1. Magmaw
2. Maloriak
2. Atramedes
2. Chimaeron
3. Cho'Gal
3. Al'Akir
3-4. Ascendant Council
3-4. Nef
Last edited by Eroslight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Eroslight

Re: T11 Consolidated Raid Info

Postby Eroslight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

BASTION OF TWILIGHT

Halfus Wyrmbreaker:
In descending order of how hard the dragons hit:
1) Storm
2) Nether
3) Slate
4) Time
5) Whelps

1. I'd suggest to kill the Nether Scion FIRST (if up). The boss hits like a truck without the NS's debuff.
2. Get ready to tank switch within the first 20 seconds, healing debuff stacks (if you have Slate dragon) quickly right off the bat so be aware.
3. Since the boss hits so fast I did Stam/avoidance trinket and it did make a noticeable difference in the healing.
4. Glyph WoG and switch to seal of insight after 20 seconds into the fight.

sakkdaddy wrote:The drakes have the same hp, and hit just as hard as each other. When activated, they apply their debuffs to Halfus immediately. Release order is what matters, not kill order.
Avoidance is definitely the way to go for tanking Halfus, though it's debatable what setup is best for Drakes.
For normal mode I would actually recommend using 4 tanks since you will eventually for HC anyway. 2 on Halfus, and then activate 2 of the 3 at the start. Storm > Time [=] Nether > Whelps > Slate in order of importance of activation. As soon as one is dying, activate the 3rd to get the damage buff going.

Bloodlust on the first Drake, even though you might think it's better to bloodlust on Halfus once drakes are dead, the faster you kill them the sooner you go on Halfus, so it's really best to bloodlust when healers need it most and raid dps cooldowns are in sync...right at the start.

V & T Twin Dragons
General stuff:
1. NOT A DPS RACE, pound that into people's heads. Its all about living.
11. Threat is meaningless after the first transition. I started the fight with SoInsight and used WoG ALOT.
12. No Frontal Cone or Cleave = able to use Holy Radiance on CD and still get close enough to the melee to matter.

Strat Ideas:
Phase 1 (V down, T flying):
1. Not very hard, just get on her butt if she breathes on you.

Phase 2 (T down, V flying):
4. IF YOU HAVE THE BOMB GET OUT
6. Get to the edge of the void zones so you maximize usable space

P2 to P1 transition (aka Deep Breaths):
7. V stops casting meteor so everybody can spread out. This transition is about NOT GETTING HIT WITH ANYTHING.
8. Don't stand in the deep breath aka watch for V.

P1 to P2 (Pink clouds):
9. Don't stand in pink stuff
10. If you do stand in pink stuff and are in the twilight realm there is 2 portals to get you back out. get out.

Twilight Ascendants
3. P1 - The Key to the fight is the Debuffs (Heart of Ice and Burning Blood.) - Don't dispell these! The fire guy hits like a truck after the Aegis - use a CD.
4. P2 - Get levitate first and then switch as appropriate. Not a lot of damage this phase. Have a mage track Arion so when she dissipates and starts channeling they can blink to them and CS.
5. P3 - SPREAD OUT and don't stand in bombs. - Chain CDs saving AD for when you dip really low. Kite the boss in a circle around the room (should get ~1/2 to 3/4 around before he (or you) are dead if DPS is good and mobs were near 25%.

Cho'gall
TBD
Last edited by Eroslight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Eroslight

Postby Eroslight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Throne of the Four Winds

Conclave of the Wind

TBD

Al'Akir

TBD
Last edited by Eroslight on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eroslight

Postby Eroslight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Blackrock Descent

Magmaw

1. Pop a cooldown when you get eaten. BE CAREFUL, Guardian of the Ancient Kings may bug if you try to use it while in the mouth. Use it a second beforehand to ensure it doesn't bug.

Omnotron Defense Systems

1. Be sure to have 2 interrupts that have a 4 second lock out. Wind Shear is not one of them, therefore if you have a shaman use 2 + a dk, rogue, ret, warrior.
2. Found single tanking to be the most effective and easiest way of killing this boss - especially since cleaves can happen on the shielded tron once it loses it's shield.
3. Put them in the green gas for more dips.

Maloriak

1. Don't die to Magma Jets in p2.
2. Don't push him into P2 without the second green phase.
3. During the green phase, he seems to cast Remedy (purge/spellsteal ASAP) then Storm (interupt) and then casts Release. Watch for this cast and interrupt it! This seems to be the key to keeping adds under control.
4. Take Avenger's Shield out of your rotation, or be very careful - I accidentally interrupted 2 Releases when I wasn't supposed to due to bad luck.

Atramedes

Helpful mod courtesy of Thark:
Atramedes Sound Mod

The gongs do refresh (as discussed here), although using them too liberally will cause a wipe down the road.

sculder wrote:We use one per ground phase and one per air phase with the exception of one ground phase where we had to use a second because of too many people stacking (they all had extremely high sound)...If you're having issues with sound getting too high then you need to work on the raid awareness of those players - the discs are extremely easy to dodge. The only issue should be tracking during air phases which we solved by having a warrior hit the gongs in those phases. He then used intervene, heroic leap, rocket belt, rocket jump, life grip, body and soul, etc to kite the second tracking beam around for 12+ seconds with no issues.

Chimaeron
This fight is a nice exhibit of WoG healing that a paladin can do for themselves and the raid (don't forget holy radiance!)

FYI: Break does NOT reduce Healing taken, but healing DONE.

Lots of discussion going on on what strat to use to tank HERE.
Some like method 1, where the off tanks take all the double attacks via taunt + CD rotation.
Method 2: Tanks share breaks.

Consensus = Method 2 is more predictable, Method 1 might be easier. In the end its really up to the raid & the quality of healers in it.

Paperplate of Stormrage has another sweet video:

Nefarian

TBD
Last edited by Eroslight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eroslight

Postby exiledknight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:25 pm

I would def say Council is much harder than chimeron, maybe not so much with the nerf if you will, but as opposed to us need a total of an hour from first pull to chimeron kill, council took nearly two full raid nights.
exiledknight

Postby heuvarius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 am

A lot more can go wrong on Maloriak than both Atramedes and Chimaeron to wipe you. For normal mode at least, the order really ought to be Chimaeron > Atramedes > Maloriak.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby sakkdaddy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 am

Eroslight wrote:Halfus Wyrmbreaker:
In descending order of how hard the dragons hit:
1) Storm
2) Nether
3) Slate
4) Time
5) Whelps

1. I'd suggest to kill the Nether Scion FIRST (if up). The boss hits like a truck without the NS's debuff.
2. Get ready to tank switch within the first 20 seconds, healing debuff stacks (if you have Slate dragon) quickly right off the bat so be aware.
3. Since the boss hits so fast I did Stam/avoidance trinket and it did make a noticeable difference in the healing.
4. Glyph WoG and switch to seal of insight after 20 seconds into the fight.

The drakes have the same hp, and hit just as hard as each other. When activated, they apply their debuffs to Halfus immediately. Release order is what matters, not kill order. Avoidance is definitely the way to go for tanking Halfus, though it's debatable what setup is best for Drakes. For normal mode I would actually recommend using 4 tanks since you will eventually for HC anyway. 2 on Halfus, and then activate 2 of the 3 at the start. Storm > Time > Nether > Whelps > Slate in order of importance of activation. As soon as one is dying, activate the 3rd to get the damage buff going. Bloodlust on the first Drake, even though you might think it's better to bloodlust on Halfus once drakes are dead, the faster you kill them the sooner you go on Halfus, so it's really best to bloodlust when healers need it most and raid dps cooldowns are in sync...right at the start.

For Atramedes normal mode I suggest using 2 gongs per ground phase, and 1 per air phase. If your dps can't kill it before you run out of gongs, then you have some major issues in your raid. For each ground phase use a gong on the first Sonic Breath just to reset people's sound before the next Searing Flame. Use the 2nd gong to interrupt each Searing Flame. Also to control his spinning speed for the rest of the Sonic Breaths, make sure your targeted raiders run about 15 yards away from the center of his hitbox. If you are too close to him and circle, he will spin extremely quickly and the flames will be unavoidable for people standing at range. If you stand too far away then you won't be able to move fast enough to avoid it. Another tip is that in Phase 2, Atramedes targets whoever hits the gong during that phase. We use a fury warrior for his mobility to hit the gong during the air phase, and he delays it as long as possible while keeping the first target from dying.

I'm the guild and raid leader of a "3 day hardcore" raiding guild who is 11/12 normal and 1/12 HC (without exploiting like so many guilds on Halfus), and this is how I rank current content difficulty on normal mode, easiest to hardest:

1. Halfus Wyrmbreaker
2. Conclave of Wind
3. Magmaw (can be harder depending on raid setup)
4. Omnitron
5. Valiona & Theralion
6. Atramedes (very easy with 2 gongs per ground phase)
7. Maloriak
8. Cho'gall
9. Chimaeron
10. Al'akir
11. Twilight Ascendant Council
12. Nefarian

Now, #1-9 I would say are all trivial bosses on normal mode. They are faceroll easy shit that requires very little skill or thought to kill. Al'akir takes a bit of focus and timing from your 5-6 dpsers assigned to killing adds in Phase 2, and in Phase 1 the MT healers have some tricky combos to avoid, but for everyone else Al'akir is another very easy fight. Twilight Ascendant Council is harder than anything else in this tier imo, and the only reason I rank Nefarian harder is because we haven't killed it because we haven't worked on him much yet. Nefarian also seems like a very easy boss as long as you have 6 people who know how to interrupt in phase 2.
sakkdaddy

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:51 am

sakkdaddy wrote:Twilight Ascendant Council is harder than anything else in this tier imo, and the only reason I rank Nefarian harder is because we haven't killed it because we haven't worked on him much yet.

Is your placing of Twilight Ascendant Council based on pre- or post-hotfix kills? i.e. Flame Leap being castable on players within 20 yards and hence Waterlogged being removable every single time

I ask because my 10 man guild is doing a slightly funky progression path, in that we're 3/12 normals but those 3 are Halfus, Valiona and Twilight Ascendant Council. If the Council is genuinely the second hardest boss available this tier, I'm going to start leaning more heavily on the officers to schedule more BWD and less BT.
Epimer

Postby sakkdaddy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 am

10man might be different, and it did seem a bit better killing Council after the hotfix, but the dps and hps requirements on that boss make it at least 2nd hardest next to Nefarian. It's one of those fights though where once you gear up, it's just going to get easier and easier, where other fights that rely more on interrupts and cooldown cycles more won't get as easy quite so fast just because of gear.

Also, even before the hotfix, Waterlog wasn't an issue once we figured it out. We just made people at range stay AT RANGE, 30-40 yards back and not dancing on the line. Once we just had 1 tank and 1-2 melee in 10man on Ignacious, the flame trail bug never happened. It has never happened on 25man. The main change is just that we can actually bring 6-8 melee dps now, which is our normal balanced setup, without it being such a handicap.
sakkdaddy

Postby Belarkan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am

Comments are based on 10 man.

Eroslight wrote:3. Since the boss hits so fast I did Stam/avoidance trinket and it did make a noticeable difference in the healing.

Actually, it's a totally RNG thing. When we did it, we had around 15% dodge and 15% parry but once one tank had the debuff fading, the other had 10+ stacks which makes tanking a drake extremely hard.

Twilight Ascendants
3. P1 - The Key to the fight is the Debuffs (Heart of Ice and Burning Blood.) - Don't dispell these! The fire guy hits like a truck after the Aegis - use a CD.

We did the fight ignoring those.
I noticed our key point was to burn down the fire shield.
On the ice guy, the other tank (feral) was charging my boss to avoid glaciate damages.

4. P2 - Get levitate first and then switch as appropriate. Not a lot of damage this phase. Have a mage track Arion so when she dissipates and starts channeling they can blink to them and CS.

You can get through arion's huge cast since this is what we did (I tried to pop CD to help healers).
Beware to bumps when there's a cyclone, we had several time where we did some ping pong between cyclone and ground things.
Belarkan

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 am

Is your placing of Twilight Ascendant Council based on pre- or post-hotfix kills? i.e. Flame Leap being castable on players within 20 yards and hence Waterlogged being removable every single time

That's a rather silly distinction to make, because the bug that was hotfixed was pretty much always an instant wipe as half the raid froze.

Ranking fight difficulty is something nobody's ever going to agree on, I advise you to steer clear.

Also, the thread linked discussing Chimaeron strategies is a bit outdated. The "method 1" described is irrefutably superior in every way to having tanks with Break eat double attack, especially after double attack was changed to fade during Massacre.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby superworm » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 am

Eroslight wrote:Omnotron Defense Systems

2. Found single tanking to be the most effective and easiest way of killing this boss - especially since cleaves can happen on the shielded tron once it loses it's shield.

I'm not quite sure whether you're talking about 25 or 10. In 25 I don't think it's a good idea to single tank the golems. The damage is somewhat high and the dps will risk cleaving on a shielded boss (or they have to withdraw certain skills which will a dps loss). One thing I noticed is that even when the golems are shutting down, they will still melee the tank and if the next golem is nearby, it's possible that you will be tanking 1 more golem for a short period of time. Your tank can be gibbed if this happens in a singled tanking strategy.
superworm

Postby Epimer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:15 am

PsiVen wrote:

That's a rather silly distinction to make, because the bug that was hotfixed was pretty much always an instant wipe as half the raid froze.

I disagree that it's a silly distinction. At the time of posting, sakkdaddy's guild were "11/12 normal and 1/12 HC", which indicates pretty speedy progression. That suggests an early (pre-hotfix) Twilight Ascendant Council kill, and given that it's the first time I've seen anyone have the opinion that the fight is the second hardest normal mode this tier, it seems to me to be eminently sensible to seek a clarification on whether or not that assessment was based on completing the encounter when it was bugged.

Ranking fight difficulty is something nobody's ever going to agree on, I advise you to steer clear.

Of course there isn't ever going to be an objective easiest to hardest list, but seeking the opinions of those who have already completed the fights still has value when attempting to assess which path through 3 parallel raid instances should offer the least resistance to your group.
Epimer

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am

Belarkan wrote:
Twilight Ascendants

We did the fight ignoring those.
I noticed our key point was to burn down the fire shield.
On the ice guy, the other tank (feral) was charging my boss to avoid glaciate damages.

Ignoring a key mechanic doesn't make it any less key... it just makes your strategy inefficient.

The buffs increase your damage to a point where it allows you to break the fire shield before a single tick goes off (not likely, but it can happen) and easily before a second and it allows you to have a significantly shorter phase 3.

And the buffs are pathetically easy to spread, so what's the point in ignoring them?
Belloc

Postby Arianne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Twilight Ascendants is significantly nerfed on 25 man with the change to make the Monstrosity lightning prefer ranged. While previously I would have agreed that it deserved that high of a ranking, it now ranks just behind Maloriak/Atramedes/Chimaeron (ie #2.5).
Arianne

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)