Remove Advertisements

Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Postby Goodheart » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 am

It's a stun.

Allthough for DK's it's not going to matter since all melee will have this dot on them anyway.
Goodheart

Postby Nakama » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I tried to tank this for about 2 hours last night, literally. If it wasn't me strafing and getting hit by Ground Slam somehow, it was Shatter plus the DoTs from Ozruk's ability killing me despite me being out of range (i.e. was not getting hit with it at a given distance before, then later on in the fight getting hit with it at the same range somehow). I swear, Heroic Stonecore is definitely my nemesis right now.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:27 pm

I'd recommend running through the model on Ground Slam so you're behind him.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rachmaninoff » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:01 am

econ21 wrote:It is very unforgiving and scared the heck out of me before I tried it on heroic.

this sums it up for me... no room for error or its a wipe
Forgrim wrote:Don't give up, as soon as you develop a rhythm, you can win it. (i'm assuming you are the tank, if you aren't, then hope you get a good tank.)

yes I am the tank, and getting into a rhythm, making sure everything gets timed correctly making sure I don't turn him too soon so he doesn't kill everyone else. also I only had 5 attempts cause it was late at night and we didn't want to wipe anymore.

I haven't tried it since these attempts. I want to make sure I know it and can do it correctly before attempting it again. and run with guildies.
Rachmaninoff

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 am

Nakama wrote:I tried to tank this for about 2 hours last night, literally. If it wasn't me strafing and getting hit by Ground Slam somehow, it was Shatter plus the DoTs from Ozruk's ability killing me despite me being out of range (i.e. was not getting hit with it at a given distance before, then later on in the fight getting hit with it at the same range somehow). I swear, Heroic Stonecore is definitely my nemesis right now.

--Jed

He moves around a lot; you shouldn't be satisfied with running a set distance. To adjust for lag, keep running until you see the shockwave animation finish completely and he starts running to you. For this reason I always alternate sides of the room and let him run to me (though this means you have to strafe out of Ground Slam after the first few as he'll stand in the middle and do it).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby beartank » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Was trying this guy in a pug late last night so it might have been me tired. But I swear on two attempts he skipped paralyze and went straight to shatter which was not good. Ground Slam is easy to deal with and so is Shatter if you get the paralyze "warning" and know it's coming next. I just angle myself and start pushing forward during paralyze but two attempts after ground slam there was a shatter and without warning it's extremely difficult to get away from in time.
beartank

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Chasey wrote:OH BTW the group that I was in tried to kick me after the last wipe and I was called baddie and berated for dying how I did. Kinda sucked to hear that but it was my fault. The biggest mouth in the group was a Belf Fury Warrior pulling 5K dps (not on that fight but all the way thru) and he had decent gear and a few epics.LOL

I've warned the group: "This is my second time tanking this guy; he's very hard, and requires pretty much flawless tank execution. If we wipe it will be because I make a mistake, or because one of you dies to Shatter. He casts Shatter immediately after Paralyze, so melee, make sure to GTFO as soon as you are possibly able to."

Initially, the wipes WILL be your fault: he goes a long time before low DPS matters, comparatively. Once I learned "Paralyze->Shatter, GTFO and then run back", it became much easier.
Kelaan

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

We spent a few wipes on him because of my issues learning "the dance".

30-degree cone is BS. I was getting nailed standing at 90-degrees to him. You have to REALLY exaggerate your movements to avoid the "cone" attack. I definitely agree with the strafing technique.

We pull him by running between the two packs ahead of him. DPS moves into position down the tunnel, I tank him starting pretty much where he is. For each paralyze, I reposition him far enough away from the ranged group that they don't have to move for shatter.

We discovered that pausing ranged DPS during the reflect phase was a bad call. If the tank is doing it right, there is little for the healer to do, so the DPS can blaze away during the reflect (it doesn't reflect all damage) and the fight is much shorter.

When learning, it feels very much like a pat-your-head-and-rub-your-tummy thing, and it's quite easy to get something ever so slightly wrong, like not being FAR away from the boss as well as being at least 60-degrees out of his 30-degree cone attack.

Honestly, the number of times I died *behind* him from his "frontal cone" attack made me want to tear my hair out.

His moves may be slow, but with a bit of latency, the timing becomes very tight indeed.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 am

So did Ozruk with my hunter, no hunter ability breaks paralyze, I thought maybe serpent sting or back arrow, but nope, the priest healer wasn't "self unparalyzing" the DK tank could but the rest of the DPS were paralyzed and that was a strain on the healer that has to heal 50K HP to each of the victims, later we got a resto shaman who could un-stun us on time and not take that much damage with a good reflected flame shock..

BTW this was my very first Heroic Stonecore completion..
djlar

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 pm

djlar wrote:So did Ozruk with my hunter, no hunter ability breaks paralyze, I thought maybe serpent sting or back arrow, but nope, the priest healer wasn't "self unparalyzing" the DK tank could but the rest of the DPS were paralyzed and that was a strain on the healer that has to heal 50K HP to each of the victims, later we got a resto shaman who could un-stun us on time and not take that much damage with a good reflected flame shock..

Did Stonecore with a guild priest last night. Lightwell is awesome. Whenever the dragon flies up? Click the lightwell. After the Paralyze? Click Lightwell.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Flex wrote:
djlar wrote:So did Ozruk with my hunter, no hunter ability breaks paralyze, I thought maybe serpent sting or back arrow, but nope, the priest healer wasn't "self unparalyzing" the DK tank could but the rest of the DPS were paralyzed and that was a strain on the healer that has to heal 50K HP to each of the victims, later we got a resto shaman who could un-stun us on time and not take that much damage with a good reflected flame shock..

Did Stonecore with a guild priest last night. Lightwell is awesome. Whenever the dragon flies up? Click the lightwell. After the Paralyze? Click Lightwell.

No lightwell from that priest, maybe disc spec? and found out the hard way that paralyze it's unlimited distance, zoned in because could help out since tank was lasting a long time, as I zoned I got paralyzed, being 50K damage I insta-died again..

On the dragon is very noobish to take any damage, maybe a tick or two of the storm, you could see were the lava pools are going to spawn, and were the rocks are going to fall and storm it's announced, you take maybe 10-15K damage looking for LoS which is no biggie.
djlar

Postby yappo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm

This is the fight I absolutely hate (and to a certain extent love). I just can't get the distance right at Shatter. I the end I go down to a Ground Slam because I've moved too far away from him during a Shatter.

8 wipes
0 kills

Boy do I get called names! And for a totally valid reason.
yappo

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 am

I finally did it flawlessly the first time through! \o/ (After having warned everyone on Vent that this would probably take me a few shots since I'm terribad at it.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27 am

Hoping that you are a pally tank and have PoJ talented.. helps a lot!

Not only this boss but many, not go to far same instance, run from Worm, run from drake Storm, run from priestess rocks, etc..

Also shatter follows paralyze, so immediatly after being freed, run.. if for some reason you couldn't run, bubble, only one of those "mistakes" per fight though..
djlar

Postby yappo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:02 pm

djlar wrote:Hoping that you are a pally tank and have PoJ talented.. helps a lot!

Not only this boss but many, not go to far same instance, run from Worm, run from drake Storm, run from priestess rocks, etc..

Also shatter follows paralyze, so immediatly after being freed, run.. if for some reason you couldn't run, bubble, only one of those "mistakes" per fight though..

Oh, Shatter isn't the problem (well, in a way it is). I get away from it -- too far away from it. I think it's because I feel I get less and less time to act after each Groundslam/Shatter -pair, and when I start reacting rather than acting, then I run too far away from Shatter as I no longer feel I'm in control of the situation. I just won't get back to the boss in time for the next Groundslam, and as I have aggro, he's facing me.
This inevitably occurs run number five or six.
yappo

PreviousNext

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons