WTB new headset/mic.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

WTB new headset/mic.

Postby Arkesh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I posted this on my guild forums but I guess people don't like using them. So I'll repost the original, basically looking for suggestions of a good quality headset or mic, somewhere in the range of £40-80 (which *rough maths curteousy of xe.com* works out to about $60-120).

So depending on my car insurance's final cost, I might look into getting a new headset as the mic on my current one's has been broken since my BF2142 days which are about 3 years ago now, so it's probably about time that I shelved the £3 desktop mic and splashed out.

Currently I have these which I have been very impressed by with the exception of the mic breaking a few months after I bought them. The one I'd love to get is these however £155 is a little out of my budget. In Dissent my OT swore by her Sennheiser headset, unfortunately I can't remember the model number so have no idea of the price range.

I need something that's definitely comfortable (it's not unknown for me to be wearing the headset the entire day), adjustable (I have a fairly big head), I want superb sound as I do listen to music from time to time but also needs to have a good quality mic and preferably one that's much sturdier than the one I had. Would prefer a USB connection, but that's optional.

I wouldn't shun a good quality standalone mic either, as the headphones are still perfect.

So is there anything someone can recommend? What are you guys using?
Arkesh

Re: WTB new headset/mic.

Postby Aubade » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:35 pm

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... d.35209700

That's what I'm using at the moment, pretty cheap for the quality you get.
My only issue with them is that they're analog not USB.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Aergis » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I highly recommend these

Especially if your shooting for comfort. The band at the top is stretchy, so it actually absorbs the weight of the headphones to make it feel like you almost aren't wearing any at all. I've often forgot they were on. Mic retracts into the left headphone as well to get out of the way when you don't need it. and only $90 US. $110 if you want the USB ones which I'd recommend.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Vort » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 pm

This.

But only if you can afford them, they are quite expensive but considering you may spend hours at a time with these over your head I think they're well worth the price tag. Been using them since they were released, amazingly comfy and incredibly high quality.

Otherwise, the one Aubade linked are also exceptional for the price tag and well under the cost of almost any sennheiser model.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Arkesh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 am

Cheers guys, seriously considering those Sennheiser 360s, but I guess it'll come down to how much money I have left, may need to scale back a bit. Unfortunately can't get the razer site to work here at uni, but will check it out once I'm home tonight.
Arkesh

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:32 am

I can second that Razer make some really good headsets. (in fact I haven't used a Razer product I don't like)

I don't know if you play Xbox but I hear if you buy a Turtle Beach x31 you can buy a cord to use it for your PC as well as your xbox.

I have the x31 but I've been lazy and haven't bought the adapter.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Rachmaninoff » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 am

I just received a pair of the wireless wow ones for Christmas. I like the wireless, sound quality is pretty good and you can alter your voice which is fun for about an hour or two.

I bought my brother and myself a pair of sennheisers a few years ago. he now swears by them. the sound quality from the mic and the headset is awesome. I mean... they make profession microphones. the 151's is what I had and recently bought my brother. They do the job well and would fit the lower end of your budget at $40USD
Rachmaninoff

Return to General