Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm Consumables

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Cataclysm Consumables

Postby Eterniity » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Im not really going back to all the past xpacs as there is other posts in regards to this. I also borrowed this format from another post by majiben. So thanks to him for the format.

FLASKS
Flask of SteelskinEterniity's Pick
Flask of Titanic StrengthThreat
Flask of the Winds Gives about ~1% of dodge.

I did not list all flasks from current expansion as the others not listed provide no benefit or such little that it is no use at all.

ELIXIRS
Battle
Elixir of Impossible AccuracyNot at Hit Cap.
Elixir of the NagaNot at Expertise Soft Cap(26).
Elixir of the Master Best Bet If You Don't Need The Stam/Threat.
Elixir of Mighty Speed

Other battle elixers not listed provide little to no use at all.

Guardian
Elixir of Deep Earth
Prismatic Elixir

Deep Earth will always be used for your Guardian unless you need extra resistance for a particular fight.

FOOD
Fine Dining.
Threat:
Grilled Dragon Not at Hit Cap.
Crocolisk Au GratinNot at Expertise Soft Cap(26).
Beer-Basted CrocoliskThreat

Mitigation:
Lavascale Minestrone
Blackbelly Sushi
Mushroom Sauce Mudfish
Skewered Eel

For the Group:
Seafood Magnifique Feast
Goblin Barbecue

Others:
Fortune Cookie

I broke down the food into multiple categories to better help people what they are looking for. For all of these food patterns you can do the daily cooking quest in major city now to receive these patterns for tokens. I also added the fortune cookie as it can be useful but on most server costs way to much to make. Once again I did not list food that is not really worth the time to use.

Other Consumables
Earthen Potion
Potion of the Tol'vir
Golemblood Potion
Mythical Healing Potionn
Deathblood Venom

The last few pots are nice if you have an alchemist/herbalist or a buddy who is willing to make some of these for you. They are not needed but can be very nice for that sudden burn or burst of damage.

Anything you guys see that I missed please let me know I will keep checking back and try to update when I can. Also if you all find the very helpful let me know maybe we can also get this sticky if people find it useful.
Last edited by Eterniity on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eterniity

Re: Cataclysm Consumables

Postby Maelsstrom » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks for pulling this summary together.

Regarding the flask choices, you state that the agility flask's 300 agi results in 5.01% dodge. Per EJ, at lvl 85 it takes 304.50762639 agi for 1% dodge (pre-diminishing returns, which at our gear level is around 92% of baseline). So shouldn't the flask grant only around 1%?
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Postby theckhd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

The AGI flask is almost exactly 1% dodge at our level of diminishing returns.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby rodos » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Given the way itemization budgets work, isn't the stamina flask way under budget? Taking the 3:2 stat ratio from gems, the stam flask should give 450 bonus (or the other flasks should give only 200 of their respective stat).

Edit: Also, you could add Deathblood Venom, which acts as a potion (i.e. shares the cooldown). Sadly there's probably never a use case where the AoE threat/dps would be required. If it ends up cheap enough it could be a fun gimmick for AoE farming.
Last edited by rodos on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodos

Postby claisa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 am

anyone use flask of strength over stamina for tanking. since the 300 strength also gives some parry?

I have tended to stick with stamina, but when we end up hiting an enrage and we have nailed the execution i swap to strength.

am finding pure stamina anything very meh these days.
claisa

Postby Eterniity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:32 am

claisa wrote:anyone use flask of strength over stamina for tanking. since the 300 strength also gives some parry?

I have tended to stick with stamina, but when we end up hiting an enrage and we have nailed the execution i swap to strength.

am finding pure stamina anything very meh these days.

I thought that strength was only a parry addition for dks and block for others. Either way I think that the amount you would get would still not be as good as the health boost.
Eterniity

Postby Maelsstrom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:55 am

1 point of strength gives us 0.25 parry and no block. Still, strength as a threat-stat is 3rd best behind expertise and hit, so it's not particularly effective there either. 75 parry is almost nothing, much less than the agi flask that gives ~175 dodge.

While stam is underbudget relative to the other options, everything else is so bad it's the only game in town IMO. If only I could find a 300 mastery flask...
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Postby theckhd » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 pm

As noted (though perhaps not prominently enough) in the OP, there's a 225 Mastery elixir. The combination of the 225 Mastery elixir and the 900 armor elixir is very potent for reducing physical damage. I tend to use that combination for encounters where I'm primarily going to be taking physical damage.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I use that combo as well, but mostly because those two elixirs are selling for dirt on my server. :roll:
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents