Remove Advertisements

Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:18 am

I have failed a great, great many times with this. Usually because I get the Shatter and the err... whatever the other one's called confused all the time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Forgrim » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Ground Slam.

And i forgot to mention, if you wipe on him, his timing seems off the next time you engage him. As in his ground slam comes after shield. I have had his timing reset in the middle of the fight.
Forgrim

Postby Sarevok » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:31 am

For ranged he has the reflect ability and for melee he has the thorns ability. Although sometimes they do not sync >.>
Sarevok

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

Do hunters have any abilities they can cast that breaks the paralysis? Furthermore what other specs/classes may just have to eat the damage from it?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby econ21 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 am

Our hunter was drinking some sulphurous brew from the bar in Blackrock Depths to break the paralysis. It worked apparently, but made everything rather blurry.
econ21

Postby Rachmaninoff » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm

tired this guy 5 times last night before giving up. it sucks cause there is no room for error
Rachmaninoff

Postby Forgrim » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:tired this guy 5 times last night before giving up. it sucks cause there is no room for error

Don't give up, as soon as you develop a rhythm, you can win it. (i'm assuming you are the tank, if you aren't, then hope you get a good tank.)
Forgrim

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:tired this guy 5 times last night before giving up. it sucks cause there is no room for error

What problems did you run into?

Everything he does is slow and you should have plenty of time to react to it -- the big one is starting to strafe out when he starts casting paralysis. I can see DPS having problems due to odd paralysis/reflect behaviour (does spell stealing it throw it off?), but I've never seen paralysis before Elementium Bulwark, which would be a tank killer.

I've soloed this guy from 80% when the party died -- this was when we first started heroics, so I had only two or three pieces of heroic gear. Once you get the mechanics down this is a pretty straight forward fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Forgrim » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:

I've soloed this guy from 80% when the party died -- this was when we first started heroics, so I had only two or three pieces of heroic gear. Once you get the mechanics down this is a pretty straight forward fight.

Really? Even through his enrage? I solo'd him from 40% to ~7% but in the end, I couldn't keep myself up through the enraged damage.
Forgrim

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Seen goblin tanks rocket jump for shatter.. nice.. too bad there's no Goblin pallies.. hehe

Another reason also why PoJ is awesome not only for this heroic but for many including raid bosses..
djlar

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 am

Do hunters not have the serpent sting dot anymore? Would immo trap work? Survival should have Black Arrow (or whatever it's called.) Haven't done this on heroic, so don't know what is/isn't reflected.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nothan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 am

You can't reflect anything as a hunter. Head over to BRD and pick up a few stacks of Sulfuron Slammers. I just kind of instinctively use one or two and I never get paralyzed but it's really blurry when you're full on drunk. If for some reason the tank turns him while he ground slams and the spikes come towards you, it's hard to tell if you will die to them :P
Nothan

Postby econ21 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:50 am

It is very unforgiving and scared the heck out of me before I tried it on heroic. Maybe what I do is not the most efficient (I don't strafe) but it is more or less idiot proof. What I've found works is - do a stationary pull from the position of the last trash pack on your right. This gives you room to run away during the fight (in the direction towards the last boss). Turn him around. Run away as soon as you see the paralyse cast bar. Run back as soon as shatter goes off and be prepared to run through him immediately. By the time I am back after the shatter, ground slam seems to be being cast. If I stay to hit him or something, I die. Reconcile yourself to running, not tanking, for most of the fight, and it is rather fun.
econ21

Postby Goodheart » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 am

Flex wrote:Do hunters have any abilities they can cast that breaks the paralysis? Furthermore what other specs/classes may just have to eat the damage from it?

Also keep in mind that it is dispelable. So if you cannot get a dot on yourself ask the healer to dispel you after he freed himself.

Since I'm mainly pugging with my resto shammy, I usually end up dispelling everyone :P
Goodheart

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:40 am

Is it considered a stun or an incapacitate? Just curious since IBF for DKs is (currently) being changed to break stun.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons