Word of Glory Spam

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Word of Glory Spam

Postby Artaru » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. Thank you all for your wonderful posts. It's helped this novice tankadin in so many ways!

Now my question is fairly simple.

Is there any reason why one shouldn't use Word of Glory at every available chance as long as it doesn't affect normal dps/threat rotation?

I ask this because it seems like it would give more chances for Eternal Glory to proc. The alternative is to wait for 3 x HoP.

I have never really paid attention to WoG until recently when I started doing GB and HoO while being a bit undergeard. As I consider going into heroics, I figure I'd respec to better utilize WoG.

BTW I am at iLvl 333 now and considering the jump to heroics. (Should I wait to get a few more pieces, such as via rep/normal or just go ahead and start doing heroics? My toon is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/artaeus/advanced)

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Cheers,
Art
Artaru

Re: Word of Glory Spam

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 am

1) If you did that, your rotation would be CS-WoG-repeat, which would never have you cast judgement, which would increase the boss' attack speed.

2) Eternal Glory just causes WoG to not consume Holy Power, it does not work like the Ret mastery where you get 3 free Holy Power. So even though you would indeed cast more WoG, they would all heal for a rather pitiful amount.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby snoweagle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 am

knowing the mechanics of the instances will make a bigger difference with heroics than a few more ilvl's woth of gear. You're on the right track with focusing on word of glory rather than threat, as healer mana tends to be more of a limitation than any threatcapping you might (probably won't) be doing. If you're just starting Hc's it's also worth making friends with a decent healer (ideally that you can coordinate with in vent or somesuch) so you've got at least a stable/consistent core of a group and can get used to each other's rhythm/playstyle.

While you're increasing the number of casts of WoG, you're actually just going to bring the number of procs closer to the 30% than it would be before (higher sample size of casts). tankadin threat is good right now,but crusader strike alone won't get the job done. The best approach in the end is probably a balanced one where you shield enough not to threatcap, while WoG'ing all your other holy power to prevent drinking stops and maintain he flow of the run.

I can see you're average 329 (at time of writing this), heroics are absolutely doable at that gearlevel, especially if you have a good grip on the mechanics of the instance, don't let anybody give you any crap about being undergeared.
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

Postby TonabShin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 am

Bosses are what brings our threat up, the more damage we consistently take the more we end up putting out. At the start of a boss fight you want to be building as much threat as possible, but after a few 3xHP SotR you should see your threat far away from dpsers (if not a simple HoSalvation should suffice. This doesn't mean stop putting out threat, but instead of using SotR as your end spell for a threat output invest the 3xHP into WoG. It will help the healers out, it is going to save lives and you won't have mana issues if you keep the the CS>J>CS>AS>CS>3xHP rotation. The procs from Eternal Glory aren't supposed to be counted on, you shouldn't use WoG for the proc, instead use it when it's needed and if you get the proc then you can decide if anyone else needs another heal, or if you want to do more damage.
Deveaux - Lost Society - Tarren Mill EU
TonabShin

Postby Doxa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Less there are any WoG doubters out there this is from our BoT raid last night.

That's healing on me. On a few attempts I did more healing on myself than any other healer. I strongly suspect nerfbat incoming.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents