Eye for an Eye

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Eye for an Eye

Postby Chasey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Intersting topic. I kinda like this talent and had it til just recently. Might be going back to it.

In most raid boss situations that Imp Judgement won't do much for you outside stacking some extra threat on the pull.

I just think its situational it doesn't hurt to have some fights, but it definitely helps on others.

^^ what I was thinking.
Chasey

Postby Vort » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Last week on Ascendant Council (Logs bugged >.<) My eye for an Eye did 100k damage on the Phase 3 Alone. I rarely find myself needing that extra range on my Judgement and usually just conserve my Avengers Shield for it if I need to range pull something.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:50 am

I specced with this one night on Nef, and honestly I wasn't impressed with the damage at all. Maybe ~10 procs over an 8 to 10 minute fight. I won't be using it again any time soon.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby eleventyseven » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 pm

I like Eye for an Eye. On fights like the aforementioned bugged Foe Reaper, it does a surprising amount of DPS...although I guess arguably I could also do more DPS on Foe Reaper if I could judge from range while he WW's around? :lol:
eleventyseven

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:47 pm

I really need to look at logs more often with this. For me basically I've got one point into imp judgment ( just for the utility), 1 point into Eye for an Eye, 3 into rule of law, and 1 into PoJ just so I can use 50 mastery to boots and still have run speed. Imma go to lavawalker though because really because that more damage >15 mastery imo.

I mean think of how many new fights there are currently with magic damage in firelands. I'm mainly thinking of baleroc with his 400k Shadow damage swings... either way I think the extra damage is worth it considering you aren't really giving up anything.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Scarzi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Eye for an eye is way better then judgement. What is the point of a 40 yard judgement when the boss is in your face and anything not...well there are 2 taunt buttons.

It proc's off ANY yellow ability(that means physical and magical damage)
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Postby Loras » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Depends on the boss. If you're tanking Baleroc, sure, but Beth'tilac - so many targets you can use it for, or if you're top and jumping down, you can throw it on Beth still, you can help on drones, etc; Shannox - if you're tanking Riplimb, and he's running to the boss, or you're kiting Rip, you can always throw judgements. On Alysrazor you can throw so many judgements with her in the air or moving around (if hatchling is dead or not spawned), etc etc. And it applies a stack of censure too.
Loras

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Loras wrote:Depends on the boss. If you're tanking Baleroc, sure

Eye for an Eye does NOT procc of anything Baleroc throws at you when tanking him.
It doesn NOT procc with decimation, or Inferno blade, would be kinda ok if it did, but it doesnt.
As for other fights, its pretty useless.

As for imp Judgement, it obviously doesnt have any use on Baleroc eather, but its very usefull to have for several other fights.
In pretty much every fight except Baleroc, imp judgement does have its uses.
But its more of a "judge from a distance to keep mana ticking up", rather than doing a tiny bit more damage.
Even so on a magic heavy fight, Eye for an Eye does not end up doing much damage.
Treck

Postby Volitaire » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:42 am

I also prefer the E4E over the improved judgement. I do miss my improved judgement sometimes especially when my shield is on CD and I need to hit a quick ranged attack just to ensure I keep threat but it isn't anything that I can't usually fix with a thread.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 am

From my point of view, EfaE is, and should stay, as a DPS / PvP talent. Tanks are (in this tier at least) very rarely struck by direct magic damage. Baleroc attacks count as melee attacks, and that's why they don't proc EfaE.
Unless you are so lucky to be able to have 2 prot specs and allowed to swap from one to other depending on the needs, the utility of Improved Judgement is far superior.

If you were a DPS, on the other hand, it's definitively one of the best talents to put points into. I'm taking such stupid amounts of damage in some fights that Eye procs almost once every 10 seconds or so, providing a substantial DPS amount.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Loras » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Treck wrote:
Loras wrote:Depends on the boss. If you're tanking Baleroc, sure

Eye for an Eye does NOT procc of anything Baleroc throws at you when tanking him.

Hehe :) Well, to be honest, I wasn't thinking from E4aE's point of view at all, only from the aspect of Judgement being totally useless there ^^
Loras

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

I was confused, as you were respoding to someone saying E4aE is way better than imp judgement, with "if your tanking Baleroc, sure".
Sure, imp judgement IS totally useless there, but so is E4aE.
Treck

Postby Kihra » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 am

Eye for an Eye is pretty good on Majordomo. It was 3.3% of my damage done on him this week.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z2dxg ... 10&e=11722
Kihra

Postby Torias » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:31 am

I understand that there's a compelling argument for E4aE when we're discussing boosting total damage output over the course of a fight, but, taking your Majordomo log Kihra even though E4aE contributed 3.3% of your damage done it only procced 10 times in a 6:51 length fight.

I'm not sure how useful a threat-spike equivalent to about 1.5 crusader strikes that happens on average every 36 seconds is from a TPS perspective. I suppose if you really valued the bonus damage that much (or are that intent on pursuing minor threat gains) it outweighs Judgements but I for one really like the flexibility having the long-range Judgement gives. I suppose if I still ran Prot/Prot specs like back in WotLK I'd have one with E4aE and one without and use the E4aE spec on fights where I never need the ranged judgement or whatever, but these days I need a Ret spec for flexibility's sake in our 10 mans and it's not an option.
Torias

Postby Kihra » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Torias wrote:I understand that there's a compelling argument for E4aE when we're discussing boosting total damage output over the course of a fight, but, taking your Majordomo log Kihra even though E4aE contributed 3.3% of your damage done it only procced 10 times in a 6:51 length fight.

I'm not sure how useful a threat-spike equivalent to about 1.5 crusader strikes that happens on average every 36 seconds is from a TPS perspective. I suppose if you really valued the bonus damage that much (or are that intent on pursuing minor threat gains) it outweighs Judgements but I for one really like the flexibility having the long-range Judgement gives. I suppose if I still ran Prot/Prot specs like back in WotLK I'd have one with E4aE and one without and use the E4aE spec on fights where I never need the ranged judgement or whatever, but these days I need a Ret spec for flexibility's sake in our 10 mans and it's not an option.

Yeah, I run dual Prot specs (one with Eye for an Eye and one without).
Kihra

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents