Need a good inventory mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Need a good inventory mod

Postby Gracerath » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:42 am

So I've finally got to the point where my bags/bank are driving me crazy. I'm terribly unorganized and I hate having to hunt through my stuff to find things I need.

Currently I'm using Bagnon for an all-in-one bag. I like it but I'd like to label and organize things a bit better for "at a glance" searching. I saw someone post a screen shot of their bank and they had all these areas separated with labels and gear in certain areas, like resist gears, ret gears, etc all in their own little spot. Would maybe like to do the same with my normal bags.

So far I've tried a few of the ace mods, baggins and sanitybags but they aren't quite what I was looking for and didn't seem that user friendly to me (I suck when it comes to having to set up mods, I won't deny it). Baggins seemed like the one I wanted, it separated all my gear into different categories, but I couldn't figure out how to make my own tabs and such, and they were a real pain to move around on my screen, scale properly and all that jazz.

Help please! :(
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Aurette » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:59 am

Try ArkInventory for your bags and something like Outfitter to manage your different gears.
Aurette

Postby Ereur » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 am

I used to use ArkInventory and loved it but stopped cause it was a massive resource hog, have they improved it in that respects?

I like ItemRack for gear sets, think it's just personal preference over Outfitter though.
Ereur

Postby Kitria » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:48 pm

I use the OneBag and OneBank mods for storage and ClosetGnome for gear-swapping.
Kitria

Postby Aramadin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:23 am

Use Mr. Plow from Wowace. lightweight bag reorganiser. You'll like it, it's like a toy :P
Aramadin

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:04 am

I like Outfitter because of all the Bank support it has, but you can't toggle your UI shown/hidden when you're in combat because of some bug that they've been "tracking down" (yeah sure ok). Drives me nuts, I have to disable it when I'm recordin the moviez!

But being able to change gear sets at the touch of the button = something I could not live without =x
Invisusira

Postby stormknight » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:29 am

Im using arkinventory. Its ace2 addon. And got some good features.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Gracerath » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks I will check those addons! I use outfitter and agree it is one mod I can't live without. Truthfully I was just looking for a better way to organize my bank and bags cause I lose stuff easily while looking through all my gears, reagents, etc. I was tired of saying "Ok, top right corner is for primals. Bottom half of the bank is for herbs. Top left is for misc gears along with some BG tokens thrown in for good measure .." My bags and bank are really a mess :(
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Katatonia » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:06 am

I use Baggins for organization and ClosetGnome for sets. Both are lightweight Ace2 mods.
Katatonia

Postby Rooke » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm a big fan of Combuctor by Tuller. If you're looking for a nice light mod that has some nifty features but doesn't bulk itself down. This is a brilliant example of what can be done without overloading things.
Rooke

Postby Faylinn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:34 am

I really like EngBags for bank/bag and Itemrack for gear.
Bouncelot 60 Human Paladin - StormScale
Faylinn

Re: Need a good inventory mod

Postby lusisia » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Gracerath wrote:So I've finally got to the point where my bags/bank are driving me crazy. I'm terribly unorganized and I hate having to hunt through my stuff to find things I need.

Currently I'm using Bagnon for an all-in-one bag. I like it but I'd like to label and organize things a bit better for "at a glance" searching. I saw someone post a screen shot of their bank and they had all these areas separated with labels and gear in certain areas, like resist gears, ret gears, etc all in their own little spot. Would maybe like to do the same with my normal bags.

So far I've tried a few of the ace mods, baggins and sanitybags but they aren't quite what I was looking for and didn't seem that user friendly to me (I suck when it comes to having to set up mods, I won't deny it). Baggins seemed like the one I wanted, it separated all my gear into different categories, but I couldn't figure out how to make my own tabs and such, and they were a real pain to move around on my screen, scale properly and all that jazz.

Help please! :(

I'm a OneBag/Outfitter guy myself. Works really well and, as Invis said, the bank integration of outfitter is amazing.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkellian » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:57 pm

I use Baggins along with the ItemRack plug-in (there is also a plug-in available for ClosetGnome), and the AnywhereBags plug-in (allows you to see your other toons gear and mailboxes).

Baggins allows you to construct rules for sorting your bags into collapsable sections, or multiple bags. The ItemRack plug-in allows you to use ItemRack sets in the rules.

I use an all-in-one bag sorted into sections:
consumables
resist gear (auything with soulbound and with Resistance in the tooltip)
healing gear (ItemRack set)
tanking gear (ItemRack set)
PvP (ItemRack set)
armor (miscellaneous soulbound armor - keeps greens from getting mixed in)
weapons (soulbound - keeps greens from getting mixed in)
off-hands (soulbound - keeps greens from getting mixed in)
relics
trinkets
quest items
keys
New (anything recently added that isn't soulbound, like greens)
Misc (catch-all for uncategorized items)

I started with the default all-in-one, and added soulbound to pretty much every single category except new and uncategorized.

My bank is the same excpet I've broken resist gear into categories by type of resist (shadow, fire, etc.)
Arkellian

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros